1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Recruiting Violations

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ZepHead, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Recruiting Violations

SDID: I don't know where this belongs so I started a new topic.

A possible recruiting violation that I just came across and would like to self report. I have a MLB (5*, #4 rank) on my board who is 214 lb (1lb less than the min weight). I have offered him a scholarship, and am competing with Ohio State who are #1 on his list. His visit was week 7. I am close to landing a 4 star MLB this week, but I want to know what I should do if this kid also commits when we advance. FYI, MLB is an immediate need for me. If both commit, will I be allowed to move this guy to OLB where he would be of permissible weight? I really don't want to lose my schollies because of 1lb. Damn, can't the guy eat a pizza, drink some beer and take a day off from the treadmill?

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Go for him. He will add weight. I took that limitation as you could not switch another player to that postion that is way under weight and super fast.

3. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Damn I didn't see the rule regarding player weight/position. Makes sense I just didn't see it, could you point me to it Buck? I'll need to check my commits when I get home.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Position Changes
    Pos Notes
    QB: No Restrictions
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB: No restrictions
    RET: Restricted
    Speed Restriction < 93

Recruiting- its fine for the players to come in however they do. Those rules are just set in place for the offseason and switching players.

5. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Thanks! That makes sense - I was going to ask how we were supposed to figure out a recruit's speed to meet the requirements, but since we're talking about position changes it's a non-issue. Now I have to go recruit against my buckeyes to bring this kid to lincoln.

6. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Thanks CA, thats what I thought the rule was in place for.