Recruiting Year 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Oct 5, 2009.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Recruiting Year 2

A new clean thread for Recruiting discussion

2. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Georgia 2010 Commits ​

:4stars: Jeff Franklin 5'11 169 lbs #7 CB
    Rockledge, FL Tendency: Coverage

:4stars: Aaron Oliver 5'11 161 lbs #5 P
    Mableton, GA Tendency: Balanced

:5stars: Brian McNeal 6'1 163 lbs #2 WR
    Calhoun, GA Tendency: Possession

:5stars: Cedric Perry 6'1 203 lbs #1 OLB
    North Hickory, NC Tendency: Run Stopper

:5stars: John Armstrong 6'3 189 lbs #1 WR
    Deer Park, TX Tendency: Balanced

:5stars: Eric Hollis 6'3 314 lbs #3 C
    Boca Grande, FL Tendency: Balanced

:5stars: Travis Lee 6'3 223 lbs #3 TE
    Charlotte, FL Tendency: Balanced

:5stars: Jimmy Hamilton 6'1 169 lbs #1 CB
    Mission Bend, TX Tendency: Balanced

:4stars: Tommy Barr 5'11 221 lbs #11 HB
    Bonnie Doone, NC Tendency: Speed

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Arkansas gets its first commits this season!!!! Finally!!!

C Jesse Miller:5stars:
    6'1 261 Flower Mound Texas

Freshman Prediction: My starting centers are both seniors. This kid will most likely see immediate playing time.

OLB Willie Jackson:4stars:
    6'4 230 Paris TX

Freshman Prediction:I have some young linebackers. Depending on how he develops, he may play or sit a year.

T Danny Daniels:5stars:
    6'2 317 Lonoke, AR (bout 20 mins from where i live lol)

Freshman Prediction: If he can play different spots he may sub...if not he a benchwarmer.

WR Jeff Allen:4stars:
    6'4 171 Vidor, TX

Freshman Prediction: I would Love to see this stud play next year. But i have some nice Redshirts coming in to play this next season.

SS Chris Gore:5stars:
    6'2 221 Fair Plain, MI

Freshman Prediction: I have talented Freshman starting at FS and SS....This guy will Redshirt

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

bump updated recruiting

5. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Lost my second recruiting battle of the season. I picked up a Barr but lost a Burns. Barr was a very long battle against UCLA who tried to pickup this young man from across the country. Lucky for me I got him to stay close to home.

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska got 3 more 5 star recruits to sign up with them this week, including the #2 QB in the country and another 5 star HB. With 3 5 star HB's and a top QB, this was a very successful recruiting year already and it isn't over yet. With the amount of seniors leaving i will probably get to use my entire lot of scholarships this year.

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

:5stars: C#1 6'5" 290 LBS Bay Minette, AL
    Isaac Jones
    If the stars fall right for this recruit he could start his first year on campus he just needs to learn the system but highschool video's and seeing him in person he one of this classes complete recruits

:4stars: G#4 6'4" 273 LBS Indianola, MS
    Ken Nealy
    Will probally sit his first year as he learns the system and develop's more as his run blocking skill needs work.

:4stars: G#6 6'2" 261 LBS Winter Park, FL
    Cameron Garrison
    Will also sit as he needs time to develop

:4stars: OLB#6 Juco 6'0" 217 LBS Rainbow City, AL
    Adam Robinson
    We are really thin at OLB and needed depth, as we dont usually sign Junior College Athletes...he fits our current system and does what we want from our LB's. Played for Alabama St, FCS school where he racked up 112 tks 5sks 4FumRec and 2 Int his first season on campus.

:4stars:QB #11 6'4" 192LBS Lakeland, FL
    Gavin Barber
    We only have two scholarship QB;s right now this was a good move for depth and the future. Has a decent arm and accurracy to make most the throws, not a scrambler likes to stay in the pocket.

:4stars:DE #8 5'11" 229LBS Melborne, FL
    Kenton Flowers
    Last year the defense of AUburn couldnt get pressure off the edge as we didnt have decent DE's they were patethic, well this guys comes in at a much needed position with a 4.60 40-time

:4stars:FS #5 6'3" 209LBS Baldwin, PA
    Ricardo COrbett
    Has so much upside so he will sit this year as the tigers develop his body and mind for the SEC.

:3stars:K #8 5'9" 188LBS Adamsville, AL
    Ben Newman
    Need position

:4stars:C #7 6'6" 275LBS Miami Lakes, FL
    Seth Causey
    Will sit as he develops for the future

:4stars:T #8 6'6" 365LBS Galena Park, TX
    Chris Royal
    Stole this guy from Big 12 country and by the looks of his workouts and his film will see play time this season.

8. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

As of Week 4 Offseason

:4stars:HB #21 5'11" 200LBS Newton, NC
    Andrew Ryan
    With our backfield is all speed, so we needed a change of pace power back to pound the defense with.

:4stars:TE #5 6'4" 241LBS Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Luis Brown
    A run blocking TE with the hands of a WR(B-)

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Stanford has signed a bunch of 1 and 2 star recruits. They are those that love football but realize the education of the college mind is where its at.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oklahoma State Cowboys 2010 Recruiting Class

OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS 2010 RECRUITING CLASS

1. :4stars: TE 6'4" 213 Nick Hodges
    * Hodges decided to leave his home state of Texas to come hang out with Pistol Pete and the boys. Hodges is a B catching and route running tight end with promise to be active in a good passing offense. His block is average at best.

2. :4stars: T 6'6" 287 Justin Dickson
    * Decided to play in his home state of Oklahoma over Arkansas. Has B strength, impact, and run blocking. Look for Dickson to step in and fill a role in the next two years.

3. :4stars: TE 6'3" 233 Carlos Smith
    * Residing from neighboring state Texas, Carlos committed to Ok St over Kansas and Washington. This athlete has B catching and Agility. His impact blocking is a phenomenal A as a true freshmen. What impressed the coaches was his well rounded B run and pass block. Look for Carlos to make an immediate transition into a starting TE.

4. :4stars: QB 6'1" 188 Joe Johnson
    * a highly touted QB out of Oklahoma, committed to stay closer to home over an opportunity to play at QB surplus USC. Although his speed is below average, his throwing power and accuracy are graded as B, which is key for Oklahom St. style of offense. After a few years of getting to know the system look for Johnson to make an impact.

5. :4stars: WR 6'2" 196 Jamal Washington
    * Opting to leave home, Jamal chose to attend Ok St over Nebraska and UCLA. Jamal is a very agile WR with above average speed and route running. The coaches will need to work with him on his catching skills before he will make an appearance in the Ok St starting lineup.

6. :4stars: MLB 5'11" 234 Marcus Poe
    * Although smaller in stature, Poe was ranked the #7 overall MLB for this years recruiting class. Residing from Missouri, Poe is a quick linebacker with B speed and C+ Agility. His awareness and recognition skills are average at best but he will improve drastically throughout his college career. Look for Poe to be a future star for the Cowboys.

7. :3stars: C 6'4" 276 Paul Slayer
    * Paul chose to be a Cowboy over Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Colorado. Although he was rated by rivals.com as a 3 star athlete, he was vigorously sought after and may develop into a much better player than experts think. He has B strength, Pass block, and run block. Look for Slayer down the road to be the anchor for the Cowboys offensive line.

8. :3stars: G 6'6" 308 Travis Smith
    * With a pro offensive lineman frame, Cowboys recruiting coordinators believe Mr. Smith to be the real deal. Coming out of Texas, received interest from Arkansas, Texas Tech, and Nebraska. His impact, run, and pass block are rated as B and game tape solidify that his footwork is at worst a B. Look for Travis to make a name for himself in the Big 12.

9: :3stars: HB 6'0" 198 Michael Campbell
    * This speedy back out of Texas was clocked running a 4.3 40 which ranks at the top of college HB's. His agility is a B and has incredible accelleration at A. After getting fine tuned and hitting the weight room, look for Campbell to man the backfield of the Cowboys.