Recruiting

Discussion in 'Extreme Makeover' started by majesty95, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

This thread is to chronicle the recruiting efforts in Extreme Makeover.

The spreadsheet allows us to track each team's recruits and ensure that we all stay within the recruiting guidelines. It also allows you to keep track of your recruits away from the game.

To post your recruits into the spreadsheet, click on your team's tab and then enter the information into the appropriate cell. Please also update the "Overview" tab with each recruit that you sign.

To edit the spreadsheet, click here.

Recruiting Guidelines
    • Scholarship = Leaving (graduating, early draft, transfers) + 3. Ex. 16 SR's, 2 JR's draft and 1 FR transfer. (16+2+1)=19+3=22 scholarships available
    • 1-2* non-AQ (mid-major) schools are allowed a maximum of one 4* recruit per season.
    • 1-2* AQ (BCS) schools are allowed a maximum of three 4* recruits per season.
    • 3* non-AQ (mid-major) schools are allowed a maximum of two 4* recruits per season.
    • 3* and up AQ (BCS) schools have no player caliber limit.
    • 4* and up non-AQ (mid-major) schools have no player caliber limit.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. majesty95

3. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Wish I had known about the 4* signing limit before I did my offseason scouting. Think the limit of 1 is a little extreme

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wait, so, of the eight 4* players that have NIU listed #1 for their top schools, I can only sign one!?!?!

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Seriously how many 4 Star players would NIU really sign in real life?

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

good point

7. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I agree that one may be extreme, just because the recruiting seems to be a lot tougher and you probably won't sign them anyway. NIU should have no problem though becoming a 3* in one season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Something to think about;

If your roster is less than full (70?), can you recruit to a full roster? During off-season cuts (year 2), can you cut below or do you maintain the max? 5* limit, none, same as 4* or in lieu of 4*?

9. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I figured 5* just would replace your 4*, so I have this same question ( 5* limit, none, same as 4* or in lieu of 4*?)

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Something for consideration as well...once we get to a reasonable star level I.E. 4* schools and above we might want to think about placing a limit on the number of 4 and 5 stars we can recruit per season to even out the talent between the CPU and Human Users. No matter how hard recruiting maybe for some this generation, "I" have found that by a certain Coach Level Recruiting is by no means difficult. As a level 5 HC with a 6 star school by week 5 with 12 users competing for the most of the same guys, I have pulled 2 5*, 2 4* and Juco 3 star rated 79...and im #1 on about 8 other 5 and 4 stars lists......as a 3 star school with a HC around 10 i can pull most 4* that are remotely interested....im not going to give out any strategies here but ocne people find out the nuance of recruiting they will see its not that hard to recruit.

Disclaimer: Recruiting at Southern Miss and Idaho will be tough as hell for me a Knicksfan LOL...don't use this against me.. I have all Ds for pitches and maybe 2 C-'s LOL.....1 and 2 star guys here i come......

• Like Like x 2
  11. majesty95

Let's see if I can touch on everything, lol

A. You can only sign the amount of players that you have leaving + 3. Since most of us are at 69-70 players we should be able to maintain that number. However, the restrictions are in place to prevent a school from cutting 5-6 guys and replacing them with new, better recruits. As tubb pointed out, at a point recruiting isn't any more difficult that previous years. So, this prevents teams from getting better through AI flaws instead of building their team. That also means that you have to cut players wisely. You rarely see a scholarship player cut in real life so that should be the same here.

B. The limit on 4* players was done to simulate real life. I went back through the commit lists back to 2010 and, outside of two rare instances, no non-AQ school below 4* signed more than one 4* in a season. 1-2* AQ schools maxed out at three. So that is why the limit is there. Again, we're trying to simulate real life and not artificially inflate our teams through inefficiencies in the programming.

C. Once you become a 3* or better AQ school or 4* or better non-AQ school then you have no restrictions (as of yet). However, as we get more into the game and figure out recruiting, we may have to impose some restrictions as bigtubb_ mentioned.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I think we should ONLY impose restrictions on bigtubb! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. majesty95

One thing I didn't prepare for was only being able to see 25% scouting. In all of my test dynasties, I could see 100, lol. I have a feeling it is going to be real difficult in recruiting early on and then fairly easy once we build our teams/move up.

14. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

So can I sign a 5* instead of a 4*?

15. majesty95

No. 5* players cannot be signed until you are a 3* AQ school or 4* non-AQ school.

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

No need to restrict I will be recruiting one stars for the next two seasons....

• Like Like x 3
  17. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

What about cutting players that are below 50 ovr? I have 20 seniors + 3 + 3 or 4 players I want to cut next season, So I should be fine at getting 25 new recruits. and I'm at 68 players also.

18. majesty95

If you have 20 guys leaving and then you'll have 23 scholarships available.

19. titangator

titangator Walk On

We're getting closer and closer to week 1 guys!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Thats a scary thought...im already looking to next season LOL

21. majesty95

We shoulda banned Temple and NIU. :p They're pretty good.

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

SJSU too LOL....if Mark wasn't a west-coast guy in Boise I wouldn't have let him take my team

• Like Like x 2
  23. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

But not close enough. Good thing college ball starts in a month or so...at least then I can have some football.

24. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Thanks for that!!

25. majesty95

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.