Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by phbaseball1335, Jul 31, 2010.

1. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Recruiting

This is my first OD here at TF, so I just want to be sure of the rules before we get going. I understand the formula that you posted in the rules/description thread (A+B+3), but I was curious if there was any restriction on which positions we had to recruit within this limit. For instance, if I have a senior QB, do I automatically need to recruit another QB in the next class? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Your team recruit who you want.... No restrictions. If your roster requires you have another QB and you don't sign one, you will just have a walk-on fill the position...and trust me you don't want walk ons on your team, they are worst than bad. So not recruiting for need will only hurt you.

3. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Sounds good. I just didn't want to be in a situation where if my team had something like 4 QBs and one graduated, then I would have to recruit another QB just because one left rather than being able to use the scholarship to improve another position on the team.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Actually what most people do is look at their players by positions and Class so they can plan accordingly. Example if you have two Junior QB's on your roster and a underclassman who is not capable of becoming a starter you will probably want to try and target a good QB this season so next season you could redshirt him and after your two juniors grad he would have had a year to progress and is ready to be the starter. So plan what you feel is best for your team and use your scholarships how you want.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

What is the position on cuts? If lets say I have 65 players, so I'm technically 5 under the cap already, and I want to cut a walk-on or two, is that okay?

6. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Seems like you have the same problem as me. Looks like I will be starting off with 68 players, but I can definitely see some guys that I would prefer not having on the team from day 1.

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Yes, but I don't believe the game will allow you to cut that player if by cutting him it violates you roster minimum.... You get walk ons when you don't meet minimum roster requirements.

Example you may need 2 QB on your active roster... if you only have 2 and 1 is a walk on I don't think the game will allow you to cut him..... But yes you can cut any player the game allows you too.

8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Okay great, thank you.

9. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Okay I think I see where you guys are getting at. The thing is there are no roster cuts prior to the first season. The game does not allow you to make cuts until after the first season.

10. williatr

williatr Walk On

Is it ok to use the add on's that you purchased. Recruit Advisor and choosing an extra pipeline state?

11. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Nope... They're disabled for the League anyway.

12. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Quick recruiting question: I guess I've never really paid attention to this, but do ATH player fill roster needs? Say for example I need 1 TE, but the guy I recruit is listed as an ATH. If I recruit him as TE does that fill my roster hole or do I need a guy listed specifically as a tight end? Thanks.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Yea... during the off-season it will give you the opportunity to change him to the position you want... then that will fill your need.

14. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Another good question that was asked...

That's correct... you can put as many players as you want on your recruiting board, there is only a limit as to how many players can be offered.