Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Recruiting

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 95 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Recruiting - Scholarships
    We are only allowed to recruit 4 Five Star prospects per year. The remaining scholarships may be used on 4 Stars and lower.

The amount of scholarships that can be OFFERED at any given time will be dictated by the following:

The max players anytime on your roster may not exceed 70.

There will be no cuts.

Recruiting violations will be handled as follows:
    For each over the limit, you will be required to cut one from your current class and will lose 2 from next years class. Also, you will lose 1 scholarship overall the following season.

Exceeding 70 roster limit will result in a loss of 2 scholarships overall the following year for each player over the 71 player limit.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

Thought I would put this out here for all to see. But I will admit that I am a little confused with the # of schollys. I don't see a formula anywhere. Some other leagues have the max # of guys you can recruit and you cannot offer more scholarships that that number. Gimme some input on what we need to do here.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I dont think we need a formula. You can put one up but that seems to confuse guys more than just using common sense.

If you have 68 guys on your roster, with 10 seniors, you have 12 scholarships. If juniors leave or you get transfers, than you make adjustments during the offseason recruiting.

My personal opinion is you can offer have more than you need on your board but you take the risk of going over. Im pretty sure I had penalties in the rules but im not absolutely sure of it. They should detour us from going over the 70 limit. The commish just has to keep track of any violations (another fun job we get to do)

3. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I think I will put up a formula anyway and guys can figure it out at the first of the season and post it. I will make a chart with the scholarship #'s and playbooks, etc on there for all to reference.

4. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

It's very simple. Just plan on replacing the number of seniors you're going to lose. That is the full proof way to do it.

During the offseason, it's easy too. Number of players on roster(54) + commits during season(6) = 60 You're only allowed to go to 70 so 70 - 60 = 10 commits in offseason.

This is every team's own responsibility to learn. If they mess up, they're the only team that's going to suffer.

5. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

There's really nothing confusing about this.

6. Jayrah

So, I have a slight issue here though. As of this moment I have 66 players on scholarship or commits. SC cpu has 3 soft commits for this offseason. 3 more schollys offered that are in 1st place on their board. I'll try to not go over by not recruiting 2 of those players, but if I do go over it's the cpu, not my fault. Just fyi

7. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Am I missing something. How the hell do you even see your roster at this point.

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

You can delete a player from your board and it will rescind their offer. Then, put them back on your board and you can offer them again later.

click the RS down. You can't look at individual players.

9. Jayrah

Ok I was wondering if that rescinded an offer.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

LSU is done recruiting, in fact, they are over the limit. They have 71 players (58 plus they alreday signed 13 recruits when I took over). I did none of this as I just switched yesterday. So, some im clear my board. The CPU did all the work for me I guess.

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Done for week 2 though I still have an hour...