Archived Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Recruiting

Are we using any restrictions like we did with '10? Recruiting is much harder than last year so i would say just let it ride but stick with 70 players.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

let it ride

3. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Let it ride since its harder but that's not my call

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Stuck with 70 is my choice

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ummm.... I think that's what we're doing. A couple leagues recruit on AA and are starting to end up with bogus classes. I think one dude grabbed 3 out 5 5star QBs. Heisman is doing us justice. I enjoy it. With the new patch coming out today, those 3 star recruits won't look so bad.

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

we were doing the 70 limit and will continue to go this route.

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Does the patch include the "potential" element for incoming recruits that was discussed by EA some weeks ago.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

This is bs LSboo and AUBums get two hard commits already...its an outrage, its a scandel...lol Congradulations you mofo's.........

9. Maximus21

That MLB will be nasty in a few seasons, working towards a potentially great 3-4 D.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

yea that MLB is gonna be vicious lol....he's the reason im a bit jealous...lol

11. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Why thank you.

I just flash my championship ring and they commit. (y)

12. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Hey fellas from my understanding the :5stars: restriction is still in effect. I didn't make this real clear at the start of the season so I won't hand out punishments but should teams be allowed to get as many :5stars: they want?

I think anything more than 5 is excessive and restrict any team from going any higher. Please let me know your thought or concerns.

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

I also think five is a good number! This game is bias to five teams: Florida, Texas, Ohio St., USC and Alabama. No matter how bad of a season these teams may have, they always get the top recruits. It may change the longer we play, but as of now, I think this is a good median to give everyone (including cpu) a chance.

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Shoot i just want a 4 star lol i am far from getting any 5 star recruits anyways

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Sorry about that guys. I'm not sure why recruiting blew up for me like it did this season. I will impose a cap of 3 5* recruits for the next two seasons on myself.

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

My comment wasn't directed at you. I have just noticed that these teams are shown favoritism in many of the dynasties I play in!

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

And I agree with that. I was not aware that we were operating under a cap, or I would have recruited differently.

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

why couldn't you have waited a week or two to say something jvig lol.

19. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

sounds good to me

20. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I dont think its bias at all last year I got 0 5 star recruits and not for lack of trying....I dont think I even had a top 50 recruiting class. This year is going alot better but I still only have three. Florida though, dang, how is he doing it? But honestly we complain about the game not being sim. But, this is just like real life....I dont think we should have a cap, but hey will see how it plays out

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

It's all about the look in my eyes when I taste mom's apple pie. Once that happens she knows her baby is safe with the Gators.

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

gtfo^^^^^^^^^^^^ bwhahahahahahahahaha

23. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

lol didnt want USC and Ohio St to get stacked. You tards already took all the top players.

Its all good 2bits, no need to restrict yourself. I see how things may have gotten alittle confusing this season. Just dont commit anymore this season.

In 2010 Florida got 4 :5star:. Also keep in mind that the CPU doesnt try to sway a player from the NFL so the talent on their team really dimenishes after 2 seasons.

24. Maximus21

I think 5 5* should be plenty, especially since I get the pleasure of playing the Gators pretty much every year.

Given that the CPU doesn't try to sway players to stay, should we not do it either?

25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I have two more 5 star guys that have Florida as #1. I would like to go ahead and try for them as opposed to give them up. This is one of the reasons I would impose the penalty. Since I've spent so much time tasting mom's apple pie, I would like a chance to close the deal. If I limit myself over the next 2 seasons, it will balance things out competitive. Is that okay?