Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Knee, Jul 17, 2009.

1. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

Recruiting

Whats up guys. When I joined recently I let JHeb and Caddy know that I have been doing multiplayer dynasty’s since ’98 (my first year of college ball, dorms) and I have many, many rules and formulas for about everything since the game first changed from Bill Walsh to NCAA. I’ve been a high school scout for the last 5 years and have always paid great attention to the recruiting system on here. Below (third post) are the set of rules I created last year that was used for the Legendary Veterans league and many others after I posted them in a dynasty startup kit thread on OS. I wanted to get a good feel what was going on around here and read some other recruiting ideas before opening my mouth.

I’m going to break down the simple recruiting rules we used last year now so you can get an idea from were im coming from. These are in the Official League Rules below in the third post which will change since a lot are based on the offset speed from last year so don’t read to much into them. The second post is some new rules for the Small School Dynasty but all should read. But the following recruiting rules are golden.

RECRUITING RULES

RULE NUMBER 1 Ok, the first is one you guys are familiar with and has been my staple since we got a recruiting board on next gen. I know that you guys have a different way of punishment for violating this but I went with something more realistic to NCAA sanctions.
    1. Human users will only be allowed to offer as many scholarships as they will have open rosters spots available at the end of the current season. This number would be equal to seventy minus the number of players currently on your roster, plus the number of seniors on your roster. EXAMPLE: if you have 68 guys on your roster and 14 seniors you can offer 14 + 2 = 16 Scholarships that you can offer in season. Once you enter the offseason and find out if you’re losing more guys to Transfer or Draft you can offer more schollies. You can at all times have 35 on board no matter how many offers you can send out.

Also the cutting stage of recruiting is skipped so if you do over recruit you don’t get to chose who to cut. If you do over recruit here are your punishments. You can regulate this by saving offline and going into the team needs screen and pressing LB and RB to switch between teams.

1 over limit: -3 scholarships for one year
    2 over limit: -5 scholarships for one year
    3 over limit: -4 scholarships for two years (8 total)
    4 over limit: -4 scholarships for three years (12 total)
    5 or more over limit: -5 scholarships for 5 years (25 total) our death penalty

Number 2 This rule will probably go away this year since you can actually promise guys and it will work. So disregard this unless a prob. Comes to attention later.
    2. NO PROMISES: we take the offseason offline twice during the offseason so promises are erased before we can fulfill them. For this reason we do no use them.

The next rule actually saved our dynasty last year. As you all know it was way too easy to see guys that weren’t being recruited by the CPU during the season and grab them up even if you weren’t on their top 10. This was being used to much to the advantage of human players and giving us all highly ranked classes. This year it even makes more sense now that some players only come available during the offseason. So basically you make your 35 man board in preseason and that’s the only players you can go after during the course of the season. This might seem harsh but we will only be signing about 13 to 19 players a year with the No Over Recruit Rule and I don’t think I ever had over 30 on my board anyway and only about half your board will have offers. Then in the offseason you will have a new group to fill the holes with and to use bonus pickups if they are used in this dynasty or any dynasty for that matter. EA actually did a little forward thinking here and that’s pretty amazing in its self.
    3. Recruiting Board: Once you set up your recruiting board in the preseason you can not add new players to your board until the offseason.

That was it. Those were the only rules we use and got realistic classes every time. Now I would only use these rules in a dynasty where the teams are BCS schools. The small school dynasty will need some more attention. I would have to say that I was a recruiting juggernaut in our LV dynasty and only had the number one class twice and I don’t think any other hum ever got the number one class. The main reason being the small number of recruits. For the entire big team dynasty’s this is all you need. Don’t worry with bonuses and all the complicated stuff. This will really work to perfection. We didn’t even have speed rules for recruiting or anything like that. We did however have some pretty strict position change rules which are listed in the third post Official League Rules.

Below in the second Post you will find some rules specific to the Small School Dynasty.

2. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

Small School Specific Recruiting Rules

The following is only for The Small School Dynasty but I can throw out rules for any of the leagues if needed. I see that you guys feel that there needs to be some form unscriptedness to the recruiting process. I appears that with the bonus system that you guys have had in place you felt like you already knew what you were getting. With the rule system above there would not be a lot of changes in season but it also makes the recruiting battles even tougher because you will be stuck with guys on your board and fighting over them instead of just finding someone else. Some surprising things would happen. I’m going to go with my base rules that already exist for small schools and then add in some things to mix it up. This is just some rough ideas that we can all kick around.

Conference Specific Rules: I’m a member of every recruiting service and have class histories for the last 20 years on about 300 ncaa football teams. I use this a lot when I make rules and I will throw out the basics based mostly off of history and foreseeable future of these conferences. Ill break them down one by one and then add some bonuses and options on top of that. Don’t forget my mindset is realism so if some things seem to strict by my standards don’t feel bad about letting me know. I not pushing anything on anyone just trying to help give options. If we only take one thing from all this that’s better than nothing.

Sun Belt: I have done more recruiting for players that have entered this conference than any other and I am very familiar with the level and ability’s of these players. The Sunbelt is in the the most talent rich area of the country and mostly have to settle on guys that have the talent but might not have the measureables. Coaches have to really be able to develop players because they do not attract great high school athletes. The great players that come out of this league are chip on the shoulder kind of guys.

1 * - unlimited
    2 * - unlimited
    3 * - 2 players for each team(im going off of conference history here this number is high for some of the belt teams but low for a winning season team)/ 1 additional for a winning season in conference play(this could be overall record and being it’s the sunbelt and nonconference games are going to be harder I thought this would be a better way)/ 2 additional for conference champ/ 1 additional for going to a bowl Game/ 1 additional if you are NOT conference champ and win bowl game/ 1 additional for each All-American you have (freshmen AA does not count/also I know last year it was easy to get db AA’s so ill take a look at this after min’s are decided and I can look at stats better)
    4 * - 1 player if you are the conference champ and win bowl game/ 1 player if you finish the season (after bowls) in the top 25
    5 * - none

Best class possible 2 4 stars, 6 3 stars(add one to this total for any AA’s), and unlimited 2 and one stars.

Troy had the best Sunbelt class ever last year landing 2 4’s and 10 3’s. That never happens by history’s numbers. A 1 and 4 or 1 and 5 is a remarkable class by Sunbelt Standards.

NOTE: these will be in affect for the current season that this is happening. So if you win conference title you get that extra recruit for current year not the next.

Trade in System- Ill go ahead and throw this out there. This is just something to add a little personal choice to the system and I use in all my offline Dynasty’s. You can trade in two 3 stars for a four. You can trade a 4 star for two 3’s. No trades with 5‘s in this one nor can you trade in 2 stars since its unlimited.

So using a trade in system you could change those 2 fours and 6 3’s into 10 3’s or 5 4’s and no 3’s. This give’s you a pretty good flexible system to play around with and gamble with.
    MAC – This is conference I have always loved to watch. Ohio is a great football state and is the fuel for this conference. I have a good friend that was the O coordinator for Akron for some years and is now the pass game coordinator and te inside receiver coach for Illini(been there since Zook took over). When he was at Akron is when I really got into the MAC.

The MAC’s number aren’t as impressive as the Sun Belt which might surprise some of you. The MAC getting a four star player is a very rare thing. This wasn’t hard to duplicate in the rules because winning the MAC will be much harder with a conference championship and stretches the possibilities for the recruiting process. Also with such a great number of teams in a small area the battles will be strong.

1 * - unlimited
    2 * - unlimited
    3 * - 2 players for each team/ 1 additional for a winning season in conference play/ 1 additional for conference champ/1 additional for making the conference champ game/ 1 additional for going to a bowl Game/ 1 additional if you are NOT conference champ and win bowl game/ 1 additional for each All-American you have (freshmen AA does not count/also I know last year it was easy to get db AA’s so ill take a look at this after min’s are decided and I can look at stats better)
    4 * - 1 player if you are the conference champ and win bowl game/ 1 player if you finish the season (after bowls) in the top 25
    5 * - none

If you didn’t notice the change here is you only get one extra 3 star for winning the conference champ but you do get one for making the game. So the winner of conference still gets two like the Sun Belt but the loser of the Champ game gets a 3 star player also.

Now this makes the MAC the same as the Belt but I need to check on one for thing. Right now I have it so if you make a bowl game you get a 3 star. The MAC has 4 bowl tie in’s. The Sun Belt only one. But I need to sim a few seasons to make sure that’s right. It was last year. In this case what I will do is make a Sun Belt bowl game worth a 4 star and keep the MAC at 3 star since they will have 4 teams going. Seems fair to me and will be the way I write it if the game has it right.

ARMY-NAVY-AIR FORCE

Things change up a lot here. I play a personal dynasty almost every year with Navy and I am very familiar with these teams and their recruiting.

First off a few rules to go by.
    1. No redshirting. Guys do not play more than 4 years at these schools. It’s ok if a guy gets redshirted from not playing but he will have to get cut after his senior year (RS/JR). This is the way they do so we should to.
    2. GPA’s. The way I have always done this is you can recruit anyone lower than B awareness. These schools have very strict grade policy’s

Now these schools do not recruit high caliber players. One 3 star a year for NAVY is even rare but if you use the rules above this can be bent a little.

1 * - unlimited
    2 * - unlimited
    3 * - 1 a year per team/1 for going to a bowl game/ 1for winner of the ARMY-NAVY GAME, AIRFORCE-NAVY GAME, ARMY-AIRFORCE GAME/ 1 for winning a bowl game/ one for finishing in top 25

I use a rule also that if Navy beats Notre Dame they get 1 extra 3 star. If we did the same with Army I think this would be a cool rule to use. So Army and Navy will play ND each year for an additional 3 star.

4 * - none
    5 * - none

This actually is harder than the two conference teams but realistic as hell. Also don’t forget that these teams have a more open schedule to work with. They seem to get 6 easy teams and 6 hard. Well 6 easy for Navy, lol.

So this is what I have put together for this SS league to this point. Take a look and feed back would be great.

3. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

Official League Rules

1. Be respectful of all members and outsiders. Disrespect will not be tolerated.

2. You must stay active in the league. You can join 10 leagues for all I care, but you must be active in this one. This also applies to the forums; please engage in dialog from time to time.

3. Please be cooperative. Leagues have flaws. Be prepared for changes and be flexible.

4. Have fun and make the league enjoyable for everyone.
    SUBSTITUTION RULES

Pre-Game Sub Rules

1. Depth chart changes are not permitted before the opening kickoff. Each owner is responsible for setting their depth charts weekly in the franchise. You are allowed to make a depth move during the game if a player is struggling, if you are trying to prevent an injury, and/or if the game is a blow out.

Dynasty Sub Rules

The following are the only subs permitted before kickoff:

QB (no subs)
    HB (can sub to 4th/5th WR in a 4/5 WR set)
    FB (can play FB, HB, or TE)
    TE (can play any slot WR position)
    WR (no subs)
    OLine can play any OLine position
    DLine can play any DLine position
    LB’s can play any LB position (you can also allow LB’s to play FB if you like)
    SS, FS, CB (are interchangeable)
    KR/PR – any eligible player

Any package sub is allowed that is already allowed by your playbook except HB subbing in for FB.

End of season position changes

QB-any Player that has above both 75 THP and THA
    HB-any FB or WR
    FB-HB, TE, LB, DE, OL No player over 86 speed can move here
    WR-HB, FB, TE, DB, QB
    TE-LB, FB, HB, DE, Tackle. No player over 88 speed can move here.
    DE-LB, TE or DT. No player over 86 speed can move here
    LB- DE, S, TE, FB, HB
    CB- WR, HB, FB, TE, QB, S
    S- CB, HB, WR, TE, FB, LB

If you recruit a player at TE, FB, or DE and he has over the allowed speed its ok as long as this is his legit position.
    RECRUITING RULES

1. Human users will only be allowed to offer as many scholarships as they will have open rosters spots available at the end of the current season. This number would be equal to seventy minus the number of players currently on your roster, plus the number of seniors on your roster. EXAMPLE: if you have 68 guys on your roster and 14 seniors you can offer 14 + 2 = 16 Scholarships that you can offer in season. Once you enter the offseason and find out if you’re losing more guys to Transfer or Draft you can offer more schollies. You can at all times have 35 on board no matter how many offers you can send out.

Also the cutting stage of recruiting is skipped so if you do over recruit you don’t get to chose who to cut. If you do over recruit here are your punishments. You can regulate this by saving offline and going into the team needs screen and pressing LB and RB to switch between teams.

1 over limit: -3 scholarships for one year
    2 over limit: -5 scholarships for one year
    3 over limit: -4 scholarships for two years (8 total)
    4 over limit: -4 scholarships for three years (12 total)
    5 or more over limit: -5 scholarships for 5 years (25 total) our death penalty

2. NO PROMISES: we take the offseason offline twice during the offseason so promises are erased before we can fulfill them. For this reason we do no use them.

3. Recruiting Board: Once you set up your recruiting board in the preseason you can not add new players to your board until the offseason.
    GAMEPLAY RULES

1. Fourth downs- You may only go for these on 4th and inches when you in your own territory, you may also go for it in the opponents territory (realistic situations), and/or anytime during the 4th quarter when losing. Fake Punts/Field Goals are part of the college game, and may be used anytime. You can go for it any time anywhere after you cross the 50.

2. Running up the score-if you have the lead by two or more scores in the 4th quarter, do not pass and run up the score. Just simply select a running/kneeing play and win the game. The goal here is to win and win graciously, not run up the score to skew stats or embarrass opponents.

3. Wasting the entire play clock-If you are winning by one score at the beginning of the 4th quarter, don’t simply run the ball, wait till the next play clock goes down to 1 second, and run another play. I know teams do that in real life, but in real life quarters aren't 5-8 minutes. Simply select a run play and then run it as if normal. If you have the ball less than 2 minutes before the end of the 2nd or 4th quarter, you may run the play clock down to as far as you like.

4. Hurry Up Offense: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offside’s penalties is obviously prohibited. We use this because there is no real no-huddle O. It’s really just a hurry up.

5. Motioning: Motioning by backs and receivers is allowed. If the defense audibles before your motion is complete you must wait for the defense to get reset before snapping the ball, when possible. You cannot snap the ball while a player is between the end guys on the line unless he is facing the line (FB, TE mostly). You cannot snap the ball with the WR or any player that is facing the sideline while behind the line.

6. Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on offense AND defense. If your teams falls behind early in the game, it’s understandable if you become one-dimensional on offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.

7. QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include options plays, designed QB runs, or broken/pressured play situations. We also do not allow throwing on the run against your body. You must set feet or throw away.

8. Kick Returns: No returners over 94 speed. The speed is a big advantage on KR’s and this is a must. Also if you run punt block you have to let the CPU return the kick.

Defensive Gameplay Rules

1. Moving players before snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move an individual defensive payer before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.

2. Blitzing: While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when doing so, and do not use it excessively. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (i.e. spreading your defensive line then shifting your LB’s to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up play calling.

General Gameplay Rules

1. Playbooks: You will only be able to use one playbook offensively and defensively each year. You may change at the season’s end. You should post your O and D playbook at beginning of season.

2. No game restarts. Automatic sim vs. CPU unless winning in 4th quarter (must have witness!) If you freeze or disconnect try and get a player that is online to see the score and witness what is going on.

3. Onside Kicks-May only be attempted in the 4th quarter, when losing.

4. Cheesing will not be tolerated. Dropping back past 10 yards every play, running the same plays all game, putting your wide receiver at quarterback and simply scrambling, etc. will not be allowed. Use your judgment, if you have questions ask.

5. Controlling Players: You cannot pick plays and let the computer run them. You must control your QB throws and RB/RS movements at all times.

6. Audibles.: When calling an audible, you must allow the defense to adjust and be set for at least one second before snapping the ball.

7. Pausing: NCAA allows a limited number of pauses during the game, so please keep that in mind. If it’s every necessary to pause the game, please provide a quick explanation to your opponent if your not utilizing your headset at that time. Pausing the game to show poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Please do not start a game if you know something will interfere with your playing time.

8. Disconnects: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. It will be up to the players involved to figure out a resolution; with the choices being either replay the game from the beginning or simulate for an obvious winner. If you cannot reach a resolution, contact the commissioner.

9. Missing games: If you are unable to play a game because of vacations, trips, ECT. Please notify the commish in advance. If you are gone and have a CPU game it will be simulated. If you have a human game your opponent will play vs. the CPU.

10. Front Seven Rule: You may only user control front seven plays only. Controlling safeties or corners is prohibited.

11. Locked Board Rule: You may add any amount of recruits to your board preseason, but during the season you may not remove or add any players from your board. Once the offseason begins, you may adjust your board as much as you like.

12. All-Americans are not able to be persuaded to return if they decide to go pro early

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Details!!

I started to look at them here at work but will have to dig into them later...

Thanks for posting!!

JHeb

PS

It's JHeb, not JHub...I'm just sayin'.:D

5. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

lol, my bad man. fixed. yea no hurry just take a look when you can. the third post is long but most of the rules are basic and can be skimmed through. the positions changes and rules with that might be new to you but still need to experiment with the new game to see what can be taken out.

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Only problem I foresee is with the restrictions for Army-Navy-Air Force on awareness.

They've changed it where it's VERY rare to see a player with B awareness or higher and usually only players that are 4* or 5* recruits have awareness that high.

I may be wrong (and I'll look tonight and do some test dynasties to see) but, for the most part, having an awareness restriction isn't going to be a thing we'll be able to do.

I like the recruiting restrictions though. That's some good stuff.

I assume that the benefits carry over to the next season.

Say, for example, I have a 8-4 season with Navy, beating Air Force and Army, and make it to a bowl game and win it - that would net me:

5 3* players allowed for next season right? (made a bowl game, won a bowl game, beat Army, beat Air Force, and my normal one)

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Also, the motioning rule is a bit incorrect since most option offenses (especially the FleXbox One) rely on the fact that you're moving the FB, TE, or HB in motion to provide blocking of some type or misdirection and, personally, I think that rule shouldn't be in there at all.

And the inability to control safeties and corners is something I highly disagree on.

8. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

i heard some of the guys that use these say the awarness was changed. i knew that might be a issue but one of those things i have to look at. could move to C or something else after i look. you can move a TB to FB in the offseason just not use a HB at FB inseason. this is another rule that might not have any bearing with speed not a issue. the only reason that rule existed was the speed of last year. hopefully alot of those position change rules can go away. also we didnt alow you to foramation sub a hb into the fb position because of playaction fb flat which was automatic. i still think its a bit easy but the speed of the hb doesnt see to be to elite. also this was a remedy to the fb dive with a hb. with them fixing that animation to take longer it might not matter at all. still some things to look at but i agree with you if its fixed in game. dont worry about the automotion. they are all allowed. some of the ace sets were flawed if you motion a te to cover a guard. havent noticed that this year but still speed was the real culprit

if you played last year as a saftey you probably won a bunch of awards. we made this rule because guys playing with these positions last year were getting 120 tackles and 20 ints a year. i foresee this rule going away also. this is another one of those things we had to use just to lower ints last year.

i think the less rules the better but last years version was so unbalanced we had to make some crazy stuff. hopefully we can start cutting from the list and if all these things have balance i agree with everything you said.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I appreciate the enthusiasm, and we'll take all this into consideration for sure, but rules and such are going to be created by the commish staff. We welcome any and all input, but expect something different when it all shakes out. Thanks for posting. I'm sure we'll find a lot of useful stuff here. Add whatever you like. We'll take it all in.

AG

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I appreciate the enthusiasm, and we'll take all this into consideration for sure, but rules and such are going to be created by the commish staff. We welcome any and all input, but expect something different when it all shakes out. Thanks for posting. I'm sure we'll find a lot of useful stuff here. Add whatever you like. We'll take it all in.

AG

11. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

no prob man. HotRod played under these in LV with us so he knows what worked and what didnt. when we started we hardly had any rules but the game is so easy to manipulate. after the dynasty kit i made i got alot of great feedback from all kinds of OD's saying how well they work. talking about the Recruiting and postition changes. the other stuff if just basics. those are the only two that really kept the league from becoming over powerful. as far as the SS goes i just know we need something to keep the top recruits from coming in. i have full faith in you guys and i know it will be good. thats just a bunch of stuff compiled over the years. alot actually came from you guys. well, the basic rules atleast. you guys had alot better wording for some of the same rules so it might look familiar. its just the recruiting that i hope we can find balance to. its the easiest part of the game. one other thing that might work if your creating universal rules would be to make conference independent rules. kinda like i did with the SS but for the entire NCAA. just a thought

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, I'll be the first to say I like the recruiting rules by conference, though they are going to get a bit stale after a few seasons and some of us having multiple winning records and thus increase our prestige.

Maybe use those for the first year or two and then increase them a bit from there based on prestige and such.

13. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

what i need to do and will do tonight is sim a few seasons and look at the kind of classes the cpu is able to recruit for our conferences. if we aren't losing 4-6 games a year we will be better than the other teams in conference. need to see if what the cpu classes look like. ill let you know what i see.

14. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

ok so i just simmed a year and the top ranked here is some info.

two teams had 5 5 star players

none had 4 5 star players

6 teams had 3 5 star players

3 teams had 2 5 star players

5 teams had 1 1 star player

Florida had the most 4 star players with 17. the next closest had 13 then two with 12 and 2 with 11. these were all top ten classes.

the first non BCS school was Utah at 40th 3 3 star players, 18 :2stars:

first Sun Belt team was 72 and was Troy. they finished 5-7. there class:
    17 :2stars: 1:1stars:

First MAC team was Toledo at 76. 16 :2stars: 1 :1stars:

University of Ohio had 1 :3stars: and 13 :2stars: and the only the only team from the MAC, Sun Belt or Ind. that had a :3stars: player.

Navy was the first IND and they were 79th and had 14 :2stars: and 4:1stars:

pretty weak classes. alot weaker than we were looking at.

15. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

I'm pretty sure that recruiting will be harder at the beginning. Once we get a few stars added to our prestige, it might require some rule changes. we'll just see how it goes.

16. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

caddy you are right about it being tough. i simmed for ULL last night and the best record i could get was 6-6. they had signed 12 twos and 1 one going into offseason. i was able to sign two 3 stars in the offseason(i took over recruiting) and a few more two's that werent on the board. i had by far the best recruiting class in the Sun Belt after landing those two 3 stars. looks like recruiting wont be a ton of fun if we try to recruit equal to the other teams in conference. basically one 3 star would make it an elite class.

on another note. im not sure if you guys are aware that they didnt correct progression like they said they would. Tiburon said they lowered the overalls of incoming recruits but made them progress more. well they made them progress more but forgot to lower the overalls. also the freshmen that came on the game are way to high and by the fifth year there are way to many 99's and high 90's players. after the 5 season the number drops from around 50 99's to 25 but still high. and the number of 90's drop's but still high. point is we need to wait for edited rosters so they can drop the overalls of freshmen a bit so it balances with what happens after 5 years.

17. I liked the rules, just a couple issues:

Note: I don't have the game yet, ill be getting it tomorrow, so i could be wrong on some of this. If i am, feel free to point it out.

1. Would the extra recruits we'd be earning be utilized in the next season? Saying that they'd have to be recruited in the same season would lead to alot of recruiting violations as you'd have to guess how many schollies you'd have.

2. Disagree on the hurry-up, maybe we could have a rule where you couldn't run the same play. I understand the concept, you don't want to exploit a defensive weakness before the defense has time to adjust, but i would think i'd be fine as long as the offense and defense had there audibles set.

3. There should be some control of safties/corners. otherwise, people are just going to blitz all the time. maybe we could limit the amount of plays someones allowed to control them. Taking complete control away though takes some strategy away from the game.

4. I would personally like to see human control of WR on streaks go away. alot of people like to streak the WR and then do a half-circle to screw up the AI. Would like to see a rule where if your running a streak the WR has to stay in a straight line, or at least have a clear path.