Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whales30, Nov 9, 2010.

1. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Post any recruits who have committed to you or any recruiting talk you want here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. alemic

alemic Walk On

ive literally not picked up a single recruit and dont really care if i do either lol all 1 or 2 stars

• Like Like x 1
  3. whales30

whales30 Walk On

haha I have picked up a 2 star widereceiver and a 1 star MLB. But like you said doesn't really matter with these 1 or 2 star recruits although I should just take what I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alemic

alemic Walk On

yea true, they are still better than walkons honestly

• Like Like x 1
  5. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

I think im going to have a very good class. Mind you there wont be any stars but it will be a great base for 2 years from now. Its going to take 3 classes like this one to build a strong base and start to build a TCU/Boise st like program. The defense hurts my eyes and we got work to do. Its a sad day to see 3 star recruits start as true freshman. Currently we have signed:
    Tom Jean 3* LB from Santa Rosa Cali
    Brian Vinson 3* T from LA cali

I have no hopes of a 4 star this year. Have to be realistic and go for what you can get. I didnt get to do season end recruiting so I had a very small class last year. There are also a ton of holes on my roster so even with a huge class ill probably just be making up the ground I lost last year.

Go aztecs!

6. grat23

grat23 Walk On

I have 3 commits so far, 2 star wr, 2 star g, and 1 star k. All signed with Tulane before I joined.

• Like Like x 1
  7. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU has 1 commitment on the season thus far, Rodney Rice, a 3 star center from Forest, MS. Rice is 6'2, 268 pounds and has a pretty quick first step. He is a bit raw coming out of high school, but definitely has the sheer ability to be a good offensive lineman. An improvement in footwork is all that is separating Rice from being a decent center and a good center. MTSU is graduating both of their centers, Rice will have a chance to start next year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. alemic

alemic Walk On

Still nobody despite a 4-0 record heading into the week. Maybe this win against Missouri and a higher top 25 ranking will pull in some of these outstanding 2 star recruits lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho picked up 2 star powerback Zach Pennington from Washington.

• Like Like x 1
  10. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho picked up 2 star FS Lorenzo Rucker and 1 star tackle Charles Washington.

• Like Like x 1
  11. alemic

alemic Walk On

whales your just picking up all kinds of recruits.. i played as Idaho in an offline dynasty, all-american recruiting. managed to beat Bama and Texas in season 2 on my way to a 12-0 season...

i got a national title bid, and just barely squeaked by USC (10 turnovers)... all on these same sliders and still in year 3 i have just 3 stars looking at the school and im lucky to get 2 stars... basically what im asking is what the hell are you doing?

• Like Like x 1
  12. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Going the Cam Newton route.... lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. alemic

alemic Walk On

hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  14. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Several 3 stars with Army as their #1 school, I'm surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

You must have some of that ole Nick Saban magic if you can get 3 stars to go there. Recruiting is so random. 50% skill 50% dumb luck. The starting interest level has a lot to do with it. I have a dozen players that have listed me as #1 for weeks. Just waiting for a friggin commit for crying out loud.

16. alemic

alemic Walk On

Same here I picked up a few this week but damn my top 10 I'm #1 on all!

• Like Like x 1
  17. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Yeah, hopefully I'll land a 3* tackle. I'm in desperate need of a good O Line and RB. I want to make Army into a power running team.

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I got my first recruit. A 1* bum

19. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Say hello to the newest Aztec Warriors!!

see the updated post further down.

20. titangator

titangator Walk On

damn you got several commits, props

21. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Thats year to date. Still got work to do. Hoping for a solid 20 player class.

22. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU picked up their second commitment this week in Joe Ward. Ward is a 2 star corner from Vidalia, GA. has great speed and a good burst to get in and out of cuts step for step with the quickest receivers in the land, so he has the physical talent. Needs to work on fundamentals however to improve. Great chance he sees action next year in some sort of role.

23. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

What are the recruiting rules for this dynasty by the way? Seniors +3?

24. alemic

alemic Walk On

For now I am leaving it wide open do what you need to do. You can even go the Cam newton route as whales is finding success with. In a few years we will implement a +1 system but for now we need our choices in players to cut

25. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Yeah, that's how I did my UAB dynasty. Cut the garbage that was there beforehand.