Recruiting

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Kapono, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

So, with coaching carousel on, we all have recruiting goals. I'd just like to bring it up, that since I get 13 scholarships I won't be able to really succeed on any of those goals. I'm not saying we need to change them, but we should at least think about changing them for next year.

2. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I never even thought about that... hmmmm

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

IrishBearcat

Not really for this year, but next. It's not like we're taking the talent out (mostly 2 and 3 star guys) and some of us will be at new schools in 2-4 years.

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

We'll address it at the end of this season. What do you guys think about this topic?

5. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

I agree that the limitations could impact our recruiting goals. I'd also like to put up for consideration a few other changes for the next season. Here are my suggestions to consideration:

1. Expanding coaching carousel jobs outside of just the select conferences (i.e. SEC, ACC). Accepting jobs only from those conferences limits our ability to go to better programs even if we do good with our current team.
    2. Custom playbooks - now that we've gotten the kinks out of the game is it possible to use custom playbooks in the league

Just my 2 cents to throw in the pot.;) Either way, I'm always be a good owner in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I 100% agree on Custom Playbooks. We are all TSO members and are all responsible adults and can be trusted to not to load up on 4 verts and shit like that. Having a custom playbook adds quite the dimension to each others offense that people will have to plan for.

On the other thing i don't like us spreading throughout the nation. We would be hard pressed for User games (like in The Experience) and it sucks. As much as i love going 8-5+ i don't like feeling like i played an offline dynasty. It's fun for sure but i want to be battling people for everything.

Finally for the recruiting thing, I feel like you need to be sparing with your scholarships if you got goals. If you have to fill a good amount of position, focus on those. I have 5 DTs on my board and need 3. 1/3 of my scholarships are to DTs. It happens. But at the same time, if you have more needs than scholarships, i think you should alert everyone and be allowed to go over but you must cut to 70.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

I see your point on the recruiting and agree with that. It's all about how you manage your team and recruiting is an aspect of that. As for the coaching carousel, I thought it is possible to move teams around to various conferences. So if we want to maintain just those 3 conferences (SEC, ACC, etc.), why not just move the team where the guy took a job to that conference. That's what we are doing in another dynasty that I'm in. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Never thought about doing our own realignment. I love that idea.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Well, recruiting is on Heisman so I would think taking away the recruiting restriction would be the way to go. I believe most dynasties are on AA recruiting.

I'm all for custom playbooks. But nobody should be able to switch playbooks midseason if that's the case. I'd give the person 2 choices: custom PB, or team specific PB with the opportunity to switch it if need-be.

Not many people have played too many years in a CC online dynasty. So we don't really know how this all works. From what I've heard it is tough to find jobs because not too many coaches are fired each year. I am OK with realignment as long as it is not geographically messed up.

Another thing you could think about: Some teams that we are in (ex:Houston, SMU, UCF) are having talks of joining larger conferences. Would it be possible to keep our job and move up to the SEC or ACC if we have good years. Like say, SMU goes 12-2 this year and 13-1 next year, could he just move SMU to the SEC?

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It'd probably be a Big 12 move. We could go real life and have A&M and Mizzou moving to the SEC along with FSU and Clemson. That way the Big 12 would be looking for more. And i think CPB and no switches. I like recruiting restrictions so we don't all go crazy. Heisman is not at all more difficult. I have 2 4 stars already and am inline to possibly get 3. I'm doing fine.