Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ko deadeye, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

Recruiting

I have noticed that some users have several 5 star prospects not only high on the prospects interest but also have scholarship offers to them.
    Is this just simple strategy? Do you get the prospect interested in your school and then when you hopefully only sign the correct amount of 5* you cut the others off?
    Just curious

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I know at the beginning of the season I had 2 5-star guys going... waited till one commited, then dropped the other.

I guess you'd just have to be careful that they didn't come for visits at the same time or end up both soft commited.

Are some guys allowed more than one 5-star based on last year's performance?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

There are definitely people that are allowed multiple 5* guys. Off the top of my head, it would be Dat and AMP, and possibly AG and JBlitz.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Basis is right, and so are you KO. In my case, I can sign 3 5's. But I probably have 5 or 6 on the board. As a couple of them get close to signing I have to be careful not to oversign. And I also have to be careful not to have all of them visit the same week.

I guess it's a little un-sim to yank a guys offer (although certain coaches out there in real life have been known to do it), but in real life coaches also put out a blanket of offers to all the top guys because they don't have limits on how many 5*'s they can take.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I can sign two, but I think I have offers out to three. One guy I see as a must have, and the others are a bit of a coin flip for me - I'd be happy with either one of the two. When they get closer to sgining, I'll have to drop someone, if I'm not beaten out for one of them, which I might be.

6. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

I knew some had bonuses and I was just checking strategy more than anything.
    It could be different when I load up the dynasty but I just noticed one guy had offers to 5, 5 stars and they were on the top 3 in the prospects interest. It adds so much more strategy to recruiting now that we have limits and makes picking your top guy that more important. I got 4 interested in me but only have an offer to 1 and unfortunately it is a battle with AG, ha-ha.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That HB looks like a stud, too. I like him, but only if I think Saine is going to leave. If I think I can keep him, I want a WR who looks like a stud, too, and is probably an easier get. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, though I noticed you just passed me and got into the #1 spot on that HB's list. Maybe you'll make that decision for me.

AG

8. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

Ya the HB wasn't the top dog on my board until a WR I was pursuing ended up signing with LSU (Lawdog I think), he had 99 speed when you calculate the 40 time chart that I got from the operation sports forums.
    The HB would be solid with the speed alone in any system and with either of our QB's plugging him into an option format would be nothing short of dominate.