Recruiting

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Its been a while since we have had an open forum to discuss recruiting guidelines. Are there any changes you would like to see? Concerns or thoughts on the subject? As a board were always looking to keep this league
    competitive as possible against the USERS and CPU

@Sabo​

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

The ai will never be as competitive as the human, it can never be achieved with sliders, i had trouble when we switched sliders but now im used to the change in game speed and the new sliders thus im back to dominating the ai.
    Here's an idea, lets try drastically new different sliders every season?!

but as far as recruiting, don't we use tso rules on recruiting? We cant change any of those right?
    I've always felt that if there's a cap on 4-5* recruits then there shouldn't be a limited amount of schollys, it should be either or, not both

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

The sliders will never be able to give us a challenge when we have an ability to cut 5 total players on a yearly basis. These players could be going to other teams. I propose that we go to a 2x5* limit, keep the 12 cap, and only allow us to cut to 68, and no +2 buffer. If you don't want a guy, don't recruit him in the first place. I've been saying this from the start but no one wants to listen. I don't know what people are scared of. We have what, 2-3 user losses to cpu's a season now? Out of 12 teams? That isn't exactly "Sim". It's not the sliders fault, its we have ridiculously good teams. I'm a 99 overall in all stats, so is fred. Not sure where others teams are rated, i believe tenn is very high also and bama. We're much higher than are teams were to start due to are current recruiting rules.

Hal and i had this discussion. His thoughts were that big time programs always get big time teams. I think relating this GAME, a game by EA SPORTS, who sucks, and relating it to real life isn't realistic. We need to make rules to make this game realistic, which is why we adjust the sliders. I personally wouldn't be against heisman recruiting also, but i know that would never fly.

It is what it is, i already don't cut past 70 and i think im going to go to a 2x5* max barring an extraordinary circumstance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I also think the walk on deal needs to stop as well. If we cut down the 5 stars then when you get your limit stop recruiting them. As it stands we are able to circumvent the cap numbers with the walk on deal.

5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

When i recruit, i see no stars, only talent, so the 4-5* limit isn't a big deal to me, my team is flooded with 3* talent, oh abd im all for heisman recruiting, what do we have to lose?

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

So, Joe, how do you propose that we stop these players from committing to our teams, even without a scholarship, and sign with a rival team who doesn't offer either?

I don't think there is a solution for this. These players will either be on our bench, or they will be cut from our teams.

I think the solution lays elsewhere. I am definitely willing to further limit 4 & 5 star players, though.

7. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I'm with much of the above. Mainly:

-Remove the +2 scholarship limit.
    -Bump up the recruiting difficulty.
    -Get rid of the fake "walk-on" thing somehow.

8. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Maybe we just make it a rule that any 4 or 5 star "walk-ons" have to be cut. Only 3 stars or lower can walk-on. It doesn't help the other teams if the players still commit to us but it does hurt our ability to take recruits from them and not make us as strong.

9. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I agree with you here. I think that if we're going to have a limit on four and five star recruits, we have to force it to be adhered to with player cuts.

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I think that the ultimate solution for increased parity isn't in recruiting but is in swaying players.

I, being the radical sim guy, propose that we eliminate swaying entirely, except when it comes to transfers. If a guy wants to leave, he's going to leave, and in most cases, he should.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  11. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I like that to a degree. When you were at South Carolina, you had a great season and your 82 rated QB wanted to leave early. That seems a little extreme to me. Maybe just lowering it further and not making it based on winning an award would be a better solution.

12. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

If Darron Thomas left early, that guy should have too haha

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Lol, I'm still trying to figure that one out. He's looking forward to that 6th round payday. Though I will say that I took a look at his passing stats and they were better than I thought.

14. ChaoticUT

I wish.. Im B+ B+ B-.. your A+ A+ A+ and Aub is A+ A+ A+... so speak for yourself hahah

15. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I'm testing hiesman recruiting offline. I hope to have some info tomorrow.

16. Joe_THEDREAM

I think thats a bit extreme, personally, but if we did go to that i wouldn't be mad about it. I think if they are AA, or 90+, or an award winner, then they are not sway able is what i'd say would be good.

I still think the +2 buffer is ridiculous. Now that i'm set i'm really not using it. Ability to cut to 67 (I'd prefer to 68) is plenty in my eyes.

Well i guess your not, but the other three teams are 95+. ND is highly rated also. Possibly everyone who has stayed put has a pretty damn good team.

I think you've got some pretty good kids that just aren't rated high due to AWR like your RB and QB. They are top flight guys.

Anyways, my point remains the same.

If we want to limit the walk on thing, im all for it. Say no recruiting of players that have offers. If no one has offered them, then i think its fair game, maybe im alone with that but i think thats fair. Walk ons nothing we can do about unless we are purposely trying to get them.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  17. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I like 85 with or current limits and then adding 90 as a no touch.

18. Joe_THEDREAM

How are people getting so many transfers? I'm not sure if i've even had one guy ask to transfer. Are you not fulfilling promises? If that is the case, then i think you shouldn't be able to sway them.

19. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Transfers has not been what I faced. Its the guys going Pro that I get hit with.

20. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

I have a 5 year offline dynasty i use our gameplay sliders and heisman recruiting and play as if sabo and ut are standing over me watching my every move, i can tell u now, there isn't much of a difference bro, but go on and see for urself

21. Joe_THEDREAM

You don't exactly recruit like the rest of us though, so, your results may be a bit different. People would have to switch more towards your style if we do go heisman. I'm game. I want every game to be life or death, not kicking my feet up, half watching tv while being on the phone.

22. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

well im sure u play on ur knees with ur nose touching the screen, with ur other tv unplugged and ur phone on airplane mode during ur user games! lol. And I've been saying for years that star caliber dont matter when recruiting, its all about speed! thats it! Y'all know that already

23. Joe_THEDREAM

Typically, your depiction is true!

24. Joe_THEDREAM

I'd like to see some more input from some others on this issue.

25. ChaoticUT

Essentially were looking a few tweaks right now:
    1. Go from 72 down to 70
    2. Lower the 4/5 star limit down to 10
    3. Lower the 5 star limit down to 3
    4. Increasing the difficulty of who can be swayed