Archived Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 21, 2012.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We're not going to do the 1-7 thing this season as I've slept on it and decided guys already set up their board geared to our current caps.

Next season, we will move to the 1-7 setup in which 5 stars will be capped at 1 and 4 stars capped at 7. Their will be NO scholarship limits however only 3 stars and below may be redshirted. This will push more younger guys on the field as well as make recruiting a little more interesting as recruiting power teams will mean you are in the 3 star pool grinding.

2. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

yo if you are gonna hold us down in the talent pool, can I get my 97 accuracy qb to throw straight, you cant have it both ways cpu is already beasty, wait 2 more seasons, jmo...

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

This sucks!

Just my 2 cents

4. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

we need to go to the AIM blast group thingy on this...2 cents mo'...lol

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

First, I could of swore, either on here or on the blast group y'all (or whoever is in Sim Nation/SH) were bragging how good this system was. Maybe my drunk mind plays tricks on me.

We'll talk on AIM

6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Lol, wasn't me. I don't even have a five star on my board this year, I was in sim natiOn last years game and if it's still the same they have a number of bonus recruits that anyone could grab so u could end up with bigger recruiting numbers. Not sure if it's the same as before or has been modified since then

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

it was carolina easy but I think he was just sayin how good the cpu is...I think the sweet spot is in between the 1-7-72 and 4-10...just like smace has been sayin for the longest somethin like 2-8. There is a rule in SN too where if you cant get a 5 you can recruit an extra 4 so in stead of 1-7 you can take 8 four stars, I would like to see something similar especially for guys with lower prestige teams. Now your mandatory no-redshirt idea can wait for aim because um....yeah aim

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Again the problem is 2 fold.

If recruits weren't so what you see is what you get with skill and talent the the stars wont matter. Look at this years projected draft in real life. all range of star rated guys.

In NCAA the top 5 at each position are the best draft prospects with the only exception being the #172 JUCO cb who is really a 5 star they smurfed his overall and position rank.

My whole thing is most of the top 100 are studs, most of the 5 stars are studs. the 12 users need to leave some, a larger majority since we have the human reaction advantage to the cpu. Users need to let the cpu have 20 5 stars and 65 of the top 150 which would be about 110 four stars. My main point has been most years only 14 guys are leaving only half of those need to be studs. then with the sliders set right all is good.

I think the one system that i have not thrown out might be our best bet.

you first need to realize that 5 stars are impact rb, wr, qb and some defenders.
    a lot of the #1 players in some positions are only 4 stars so now just getting all 5 stars might leave wholes in your team.

we could try a rule that was called Seven.

you can recruit seven 4 star and above 2 position max. Meaning no more than 2 of any one position and thats it ath count as a position(ala Tim brown, Percy Harvin the kid from Clemson this year). any combination. but if game play and sliders are set. getting 7 makes you choose a style. most of the 5 stars are skill qb,wr, HB, If you use your seven studs on that your passing game, your oline and dline will suck bad, defense suck and one good injury and your team is trashed. If you went Hbs and oline then your passing game was weak.

The best bet was find a stud, the best guy you can get on every level. Each year you grab the best HB, WR, QB, DL, OL, LB, DB and build. Injury could be devastating. Some guys will try to build a defense, some an offense, some balance, some power run, some passing but teams will have a style and 3 star recruiting determines how good your team really gets. That was a good dynasty.

The way the pipelines are, and the talent is spread with what we trying to do this is something to consider. I know some will see ND will get 7 5 stars every year. But if you look at talent at each position that wont work. 7 is the number that allows you to get impact players and thats one of the biggest beefs, is lack of user getting impact studs. But with only 7 4 star and above its damn near impossible to stack with 14-18 guys leaving every year. you get superstars surround by role players and i think thats what we want.

My .50 cents

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He's back! Hope you're feeling better bruh!

I don't know what to do with NCAA anymore, honestly. It takes a bunch of effin' rules and regulations to even make this thing into a sim game. Ehh, we'll figure out a process for '13 (if the dumb ass game even is playable).

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

yea im in da building.

my cancer is what it is but the shit that had me laid up all this time is the inability to burp. As crazy as that sounds. remove most of my colon and if i could have burped im out last Friday. I have not burped in years. I looked it up and lots of people dont burp. Something as simple as not burping caused all kinda problems and slowed my digestive functions down. but google taught me what was up and how to handle it. im good now. i didnt even grab my pain meds as i left. But ill scoop them up later. Cant leave oxycodone on the shelf.

yea NCAA is a mess now. as bad as NCAA09 could be to play the cpu. A user game on Heisman usually was still a good chess match and you could have a game plan that you could see and feel.

• Like Like x 1