Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 10, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Recruiting

This is funny to me. Has anyone else noticed that FSU who already has a solid defense has recruited the top 4 FS in the nation??

I just landed the top 2 C in the nation this week. Yet I can't land a DE this year who will basically start as soon as he steps foot on campus.

Why is EA's logic so retarded? The depth chart and people who have already committed should factor in slightly, shouldn't it?

Anyone else notice anything funny/stupid like this?

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Its probably just limited to players who have high interest in early playing time. Which does not seem to be a very popular trait.

3. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I feel u....I have a only 3 wr on my roster and for some reason the game wants to have every te interested in Bama but hardly any wr....
    Gators, we r having intese battles on some of these recruits!

4. GoGators

hahaha, I seen that. It's funny too because some of these guys I don't really need, I'd just rather have them on my roster than on yours haha.

Another question: Do we need to re-evaluate our scholarships available after we determine that some people stayed instead of leaving early? If that's the case, I'd only have 22 scholarships this offseason instead of the 26 that are posted. Has there been a ruling on this?

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've actually noticed the opposite. In my Michigan offline dynasty I lost 3 or 4 WRs so I wanted to sign 3 more. At the beginning of the year, 5 of the top 6 WRs were all interested in me and I signed #1, #2, and #6. The next season, I had 7 WRs with only 1 graduating and I didn't have a single 5* or 4* initially interesting in me.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never understood why ODs make such convoluted rules to determine scholarships. A=this and B=that and C=the other thing and D=the year that Nixon was born and Schollies = (A+B)/(C-D) + (B+C)/2

I never use them.

You are allowed to have 73 players (in this OD) when it comes time to cut people. Assuming you don't have any incoming walkons, then the # of schollies you can fill = 73 - # of people on your team after transfers.

Right now, if you push "Y" and it says you have 50 guys on your team, then you can fill 23 schollies. If you have 68 guys on your team, you can fill 5 schollies.

That's way more simple than using the formulas given, especially when it includes stuff like:
    B = number of underclassmen that are 95 or better

Well, that number is only valid if every underclassman that's 95 or better leaves for the draft. If they don't (like Demps and co. for you) then that number means absolutely nothing. There is also no variable for underclassmen that are not 95 or better, that decide to leave, and that you either can't or don't talk into staying.

73 - # guys on your team after transfers = # of schollies you can offer.

Much simpler.

7. GoGators

Good point Jello. That's what I was going by for personal reference, but just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

8. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

What he said. I would be in favor of simplifying the recruiting rules. But I do like the limitations put on how many :5stars: recruits each team can sign.