Red Cards

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Fmode11, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

What is the current TFCL SOP for red card implications on future games?

2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

This stems from last night. I got two yellows in a game and the argument was that I should have to sit game three. I told them I wasn't doing that lol. However, it should be brought up for discussion I suppose.

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Yeah. I'm not pointing any fingers but there was a lot of discussion surrounding the fact that no one knew what the rules were on our squad. There should be some sort of implications for red cards, following typical league play, where the player would be forced to sit a predetermined number of games. I think this would help needless aggressive game play and unruly tackling in the future of the league.

You're 2nd yellow was against my guy on the end line. I'm not sure what they called but simply doing nothing on red cards can not be the league's standard IMO.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't see why people wouldn't have to sit at least a game- just like real life. Moon's cards were weak, but people get questionable reds in real life too.

5. MoonBBad

They called a yellow. I had two yellows. I agree with you, that we don't need aggressive tactics or unruly tackling. However, let's be honest here on my yellows. I never even tackled you. Both of the yellow's that were received were head scratchers. I was like wtf? They were bogus calls.

If you look at my history, I rarely ever get yellows called on me ever. I've never had a straight red, and I've never had two in one game.

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

This is something were discussing the other day. There will be something in place, just not sure on the details yet. Until we get it sorted I think we should leave it as no suspensions.

7. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i would vote for no bans or suspensions for cards (other than the game you are ejected from)

it's hard enough to schedule these games, ruling people out for cards seems a bit over the top

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I strongly disagree.

It's simple, if a guy gets a red or two yellows they sit a game or two- just as in real life. I don't care if the yellows are weak or not.

9. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I would agree with Kasper here. Maybe a 1 game penalty for a :redcard:.

10. MoonBBad

How about two yellows?

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

this isn't real life though its a video game-- and if some guy takes time out of his real life week to play with us then he should be able to play
    IMO

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I agree with Kasper here. It's not like they have to sit out all 3 games for the night. If they sit out one game, its not like they are wasting their whole night by not playing. Just make it that if they get a red card in either of the first two matches in a set, then they sit out the third. If they get it in the third game, they sit out the first match of the next set that they play.

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

But what is the difference between me saying " ok I'm going to sit that 1st game out per red card" vs I can't actually make the game in the first place , but claim to be sitting that one out as my punishment ?

Not like I slide into somebody's knee and their pro is ruined for the night , or even the match , so what is the point exactly ? It's all for show IMO , has no real value.

This is one the silliest conversations I have ever seen here.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Simple, there is no difference. Same as if a player can serve a penalty in real life while being injured/sick, etc.

The value would be people not playing the game like douches. Fouls should mean something and carry weight in the league. I want guys to learn to not play super aggressive and tackle from behind or slide in the box. We all know the game isn't the best at carding. Guess what? There are shitty refs in real life too.

There will be penalties for cards, we are just trying to figure out what that looks like. We decided to wait and not implement something for season 1 so that we could get it in place.

And saying this is the silliest conversations you have seen on this site is grossly overlooking most of your post history.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So how many guys have gotten red cards & repeated yellows ? Who here is playig like a homo ? Can we not self police ourselves ?

Not like this is a league full of strangers , if we have guys playing like d-bags would we not call them out as teammates ? I think this is something that is just not needed honestly. I have yet to miss a single clubs match , and I have yet to see a single dirty or unsportsmanlike play / foul. If there are a few guys playing like asshats beyond bmwalla that would be news to me.

I wish we would spend this much time doing some mind of content to make the league have more life, or something to draw more players in.

Finally , you have been in zero leagues with me Drifter so honestly you don't have a good gauge of anything I do other than crack jokes in the chatbox.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  16. MoonBBad

Let's not get our panties in a bunch here. I agree with you on this issue Dan. We'll hash it out and come back with what we think would be best for the league.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thanks moon , maybe I took Drifters jab a bit too personally but I have been a supporter of this idea for a while and I want clubs league to work really badly. I just don't think this is our most pressing issue was my point.

18. MoonBBad

Which is fine. Thanks for calming a bit. What is our most pressing issue? If you have one PM it to Drifter, Goose, and I so we can talk about it and not clog this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm all ears...

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

How about :

All star voting ?
    Rumor mill ? ( maybe coaches have a pm amongst each other and talk a out possible trades/loans/ position changes)

I know little of soccer awards or things of the like so it's hard for me to come up with great ideas , but that's what I got off top of my head.

Far as drawing guys in if we have tapped our TFL pool we need to reach out to other non football leagues and recruit maybe. We should have plenty of seasonals roaming the earth wih nothing to do I bet.

21. MoonBBad

Keep in mind you guys can do trades. It's up to the captains to hash that out then they propose the trade to Drift, Goose and I. You guys control how you want to spice this up.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This is a sim site. We should have sim interpretations of the rules. You foul you sit.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is really the beginning and end of the conversation.

The only silly thing about this conversation is that people think players shouldn't have to sit (regardless of if it is a straight red or two yellows).

• Like Like x 1
  24. MoonBBad

Thanks for your analysis kasper.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right, I forgot my opinion was :doodie: