Redemption or Reaffirmation - Pac12 CCG

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Pac12 CCG - Who Wins?

1. UCLA

66.7%
  2. Cal

33.3%
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Who Wins?

Ucla looking for redemption after their dismal effort against Cal in Pasadena earlier in the season, turning the ballover 6 times and losing 24-17 at the Rose Bowl.

Cal looking for respect and reaffirmation, playing for a possible BCS title game shot. Cal has slayed the Goliath in Stanford, can they get a repeat performance in Berkeley against the Bruins?

[​IMG]

Cheez
    Bucs
    Kapono
    Jayrah
    gowazzucougs
    MaxATX34
    Boom29
    MexiRican35

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I went with Cal for 3 reasons.

1) They beat you already and may have a mental edge in that regard
    2) They are coming off a big win against Stanford, though that might be a negative as well.
    3) I played both of you this season and they seemed like the better team.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think its kind of a coin flip, but I chose UCLA after reading that stat-line. 6 TO and you only lose by 1 score? If the Bruins clean it up a bit they should win.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I got UCLA not just because I want them to win. It's tough to beat a team twice they say and they only lost by 7 with 6 TO's. On the other hand it is at Cal. Should be a very close game that comes to the 4th (but because I said that it'll probably be a blowout.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

1 score game as Cal was minus their starting qb, which is a huge blow because there is a -13 pt overall, -20 thp and -8 tha between starter and backup. Predictably we simply sat on the 21-0 lead from the 1st qtr with the run game so as not to "lose" the game with the backup. I expect Ucla to be more cautious with the ball, but I like our offense to force their hand a bit. At Berkeley we are very very tough (Ucla got us last year though), especially defensively so we need to come out and establish some early movement and we'll be fine. I predict a closer game throughout than game 1, but a bigger margin of victory at 34-24 for the Golden Bears.

6. Jayrah

It is never a negative to beat Stanford :) GL in your CCG. I think we matchup better against you than OSU.... IF we win.

7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Yeah I think you match up better against me as well. I really feel like I have no business being #1 though lol

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You could of had Marry Poppins playing QB in that first game and won...6 TO's doomed me. I could out do myself and go for 7 or even 8 TO's, you never know. It should be a good game regardless....But im older so I get happy fingers and throw a lot of picks.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

As much as I hate to pick against Cal, I think the Bruins will cut down on the turnovers just enough to not give the Bears easy scores. Subsequently, Cal will not match the 24 points it scored in their last meeting, while UCLA will find the endzone one more time as a result of the "extra" possessions.

UCLA 28 -Cal 21

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Jayrah gets no respect

11. Jayrah

Lol if it weren't for Cheez i'd be the most "hated" on in the league. :D

12. Jayrah

You didn't play us this year, so you get a pass on not understanding just how good and fast Cal's defense is, and more importantly, is playing. 28 pts would be a monumental effort tonight (as long as we stay away from pick 6's). On the other hand, it might not take that much if I can't get the O going. I've had some game's where this has been a problem.

Only scored les than 23 in 3 games, and thanks to the defense, all were victories. Again, only losses to #2Ohio St 28-23 and #1Nebraska 27-24. But we'll see if the experts are right. I guess outside of our game, recchem2000 's Bruins have the same losses.

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

You're probably right about 28-21 being a high score. I guess I just don't see UCLA turning it over again six times.

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you are the most hated by me, magic man :p

15. Jayrah

You were very accurate. :(

31-21.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012