1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

redshirt question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, May 27, 2012.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I normally don't redshirt anyone, but in the dynasty I run I am thinking about redshirting my #2 hb. The problem is he is a senior. My depth behind him is decent but the following year I will be lacking a quality oline and a quality hb. If I redshirt the hb I at least have a good hb for the following year.

Thanks

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

redshirting a senior is not really sim football- real teams don't redshirt seniors

this would be considered illegal and cheesy in a TSO dynasty IMO

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Generally I consider it bad form to red shirt anyone who would be on my two deep, with the exception of offensive lineman perhaps.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's the theory I've always gone with across the board. If the kid is rated high enough to be on the 2 deep he will play.

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I think it depends on the situation, and I guess this could me being nitpicky on a scenario, but if you have 3 RB's say Ovr 93SR, 85FR, 80FR. I think it would be reasonable to redshirt the 85 knowing that instead of wasting a year of eligibility of a talented running back you can save his eligibility with a still serviceable backup. But then again you said generally...

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Reading is important. If you have 3 backs, one isn't on your two deep.:)

7. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    One would be had he not been redshirted.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I agree, the 80 overall.

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

The only time this happens in RL is if a guy gets hurt..... most leagues frown upon it for good reason, its not sim. The flipside is you coukd allow one non-standard redshirt for the whole game cycle provided the coach writes an entertaining article about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I like this place!

I also like the idea of one non-standard redshirt. I've had two 87+ FS that were SR. I didn't, but strongly considered redshirting the lesser one to start next year. If I was a SR and knew I was not going to start as a SR and only play special teams but would start the following year if I redshirted, I would take the RS. Maybe I'm a pansy though :eek:

• Like Like x 1