Redshirting Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Redshirting Issues

Guys,

I may have discovered a glitch in the game. Maybe it's not a glitch at all, but it's something to look out for.

I like to set a few formation audibles, some on defense (for example, I may play the 2nd string SS, who's a better cover guy, in the dime packages, and the first stringer in the 4-3, which I play when I expect the run - that kind of thing) and getting guys in place often involves moving guys around a bit. To move a receiver from one side of the field to another, for example, I have to sub that receiver at his original spot, and then place him in the new position, then re-fill his original spot with the guy I just moved to make space.

Basically, you need three players to move two around. Now here's the problem:

A couple of times, that third player (the one I use as a placeholder) has been a RS guy. I didn't even notice. I just used the first guy on the list. The moment I put him in the spot, he lost his RS status. No warning. That's a bit of a problem. You guys should look out, since I lost a couple of redshirt years over something pretty stupid.

Just in case, if I post who these guys are now, could I possibly have permission to sway if they transfer? I'd have to make sure they don't play, of course, but I thought I'd ask.

2. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

yep, that happened to me in the 2nd season

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I see no problem with that. I am glad you discovered this loophole and made it public because I use the formation subs from time to time if an injury occurs. I might even do the coverage thing you were talking about.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

It happened to me before and sucks. Red-shirts shouldn't even be listed as possibilities unless activated via the depth chart. Another annoying thing? Formation subs stay in the game even when mass subbing is implemented.