Redshirting

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by dakota7, Sep 13, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

2-Deep Redshirt Rule: You may not redshirt a player if his overall rating would make him 1st or 2nd on your depth chart.
    • The exceptions here are at:
      • Kicker/Punter
      • Quarterback
      • Offensive Line

Can I get a rules clarification here? By 1st or 2nd on your depth chart, you mean 1st or 2nd string, correct? In other words, my 4th best wide receiver is not supposed to be redshirted.

Also, JCspartan2 did you mean to exclude upperclassmen from redshirting? Specifically Juniors and Seniors?

I'm not going to name names, but there are a lot of Juniors who got redshirts and even some seniors. Possibly even worse, I see some underclassmen who should be the starter at their position who got redshirts. This is a sim-style league gentlemen, if you force a redshirt on a junior or senior in real life, they transfer.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Can we combined the S position for the 2 deep, because I have a SO safety that I wish to RS so that I have a decent starter for the next 2 years, I am very thin at the position and it would hurt me in the long run if I could not.

Also when I was setting up my depth chart, one of my RB's who has an 87 speed is a better OLB than all but 2 of my linebackers. Is it possible that I can use him there?

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm not a fan of this. There are lots of times where the depth chart says that my 190 LB FS would make a better DT than my other DTs, but I certainly shouldn't be allowed to use him there. Some of the obvious ones are fine (FS<->SS | MLB<->OLB) but we certainly need to draw the line somewhere.

Hell, the game constantly puts safeties in @ LB which I also think should not be allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree with Jello here. Let's limit the position movement here. I know it may happen in the real game, but in this game it ends up making a mess of things more often than not and a lot of times it ends up being cheesy.

As for the redshirting, no upperclassmen may redshirt. I'm pretty sure we already talked about that one and I let a couple of specific cases slide, but for simplicities sake I'm going to go ahead and say NO UPPERCLASSMEN MAY RECEIVE REDSHIRTS.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would normally, and mostly do agree with you. Here are his stats for you to see and then make your call:

Capture.PNG

This guy definitely makes a better S or OLB than he does a RB, wouldn't you agree?

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

JCspartan2 at this glance he is a S, not an OLB IMO. He has better ratings than all but 1 of my safeties on my roster.

edit: if me using this guy is a huge deal, its ok. But looking at his ratings, this guy is a better S than he is a RB.

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Could it be that the roster guys moved a safety to HB and forgot to change his defensive ratings?

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It could be, oh well I won't use him then. It kinda sucks because the guy is 4 deep on my HB depth chart, but has the skills to be a starter at safety.

9. jello1717

As we all know (I'm assuming), if a player that has never RSed gets no stats, then he'll get a RS. Thus if we've got a JR or SR that's buried on our depth chart (because he sucks) we would need to make a concerted effort to play the inferior player at some point in the season so that he gets a stat and won't get RSed. Obviously, this is much, much more difficult for O-linemen since they don't get stats other than sacks allowed. We'd almost have to play shitty O-linemen @ FB and give him a carry at some point in the season to make sure he gets a stat and won't RS.

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

just for sake of argument here, if he were not a SR would I have been able to move him to S after the season?

11. dakota7

There's a big difference there. One is intentional and one is a bs feature of a video game.

12. jello1717

So have you seen that people have physically put RSs on JRs/SRs? How did you see this? I wasn't aware we could see other people's redshirts.

If people did go into the redshirt menu and RS JRs/SRs, then I agree that's BS and those players should be played in a game to remove their RSs.

13. dakota7

You can see the redshirt in the Edit Roster category. Its only applicable to users. I don't care if some scrub doesn't play all season and catches a redshirt. That has happened before and will happen again. I've been in OD's where those Seniors would just be cut instead of coming back as a rsSenior.

And yes, I am referring to seniors and juniors that were intentionally redshirt during the preseason stage. I am also saw higher rated underclassmen, basically the starter, that got redshirts. In most cases, there is a slightly lower rated senior at the same position. Again, if this happened in real life your underclassman would transfer.

14. jello1717

I agree with this.

15. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

We're all men here, tell us who the offenders are. I know if it was me, I could care less if you air my dirty laundry.

16. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I was guilty of this on a few guys but have since placed them in my depth chart and removed their RS. I really wasn't paying attention after I accepted the invite.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I hope I didn't but if i did please do tell me and I'll fix it ASAP. I'm 90% sure I didn't (i didn't even redshirt Matt Scott in the new file like i did with the old one) so if i did please do tell

18. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Position Changes:
    The following rules apply for changing a players position in the offseason OR placing a player at a different position during the season (including through the use of formation subs). Specific formations such as the 2-4-5 which place OLB’s at DE are still acceptable even if the player (such as an OLB) would not meet the pre-requisites to play in those positions. Additionally, recruits that come in at a specific position may stay at that position even if they do not meet the below criteria.

QB – THP must be 70 or above (this applies to playing QB in non-wildcat based packages).
    HB – No restrictions.
    FB – Player must be under 6’3”, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    WR – No restrictions.
    TE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    OL – No restrictions.
    DE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 225lbs and have a speed of 82 or lower.
    DT – Player must weigh at least 265 lbs and have a speed of 75 or lower.
    OLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    MLB – Player must weigh at least 230lbs and have a speed of 84 or lower.
    CB/S – No restrictions.
    K/P – No restrictions.

Redshirt Rules:
    The only players that are eligible to red-shirt will be freshman or sophomores. The only exception to this rule will be incoming Junior College transfers. A Juco will be allowed to red-shirt only during his first year on campus.

This is what we use in BCS Blow-UP with Pagamer07 and AJ Hart...pretty simple and cut and dry. I like it.

19. dakota7

I can appreciate that, but I also think we've been through enough with all the transfer fail bullshit and freezes etc. My intent is not to embarrass anyone. You're right, we are all men here. The rules are pretty clear now, police yourself and get it done. I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt on this first attempt. I wasn't trying to be the redshirt nazi, I was just scouting bill's team and starting looking at all the other teams/player ratings. I found a redshirted junior and was a little surprised, I kept digging and about half the league had someone redshirted they really shouldn't have had. Consider this a mulligan.