Redshirts Media Days

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NDCOLTS1979, Jun 24, 2012.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]
    Redshirts Preseason Media days
    With the final pick being made in the Redshirts team draft almost here it is now time for the ever looming questions that comes before the season. Yes its the dreaded press conferences and all they hype going into a season. True there are always upsets like Michigan losing to an app st or Michigan losing to Toledo but those things happen. Its a new day and a new era in college football this year and there are more questions than answers right now. So do some research and lets get some answers.
    Okay lets start off with question one
    What is your prediction for the first season?
    Who do you believe is going to be in the N.C game season one?
    Who are your impact players returning?
    Who are your newcomers that you need to step up and hope step up?
    Who do you have circled on your schedule?
    now that the serious question are out of the way lets have some fun
    Pick for the lil Pac 12 championship?
    Pick for the SEC "steal the bcs thunder" championship?
    Pick for the B1G conference championship?
    over/under how many times someone whines about the team they are playing with?
    how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks?
    Final question and think hard about this one
    Did the draft come out as you expected? were you shocked by any picks? Who do you think made the worst choice as far as teams go? Who do you see struggling with their team?
    That will conclude the media days for upcoming season as i sign off Just proud to be apart of Redshirts and hope to have many enjoyable seasons to look forward to

• Like Like x 1
  2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Awesome idea although I'm not to chipper on the cheap shots about my Wolverines :mad: I'll get my answers up later.

3. NDCOLTS1979

Lol yeah got to get them in before we play cause I may not get another chance to

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

5. PAgamer07

@johnnyclutch^

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  7. AJ Hart MN

8. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

lol

i'm honestly gonna have to wait until teambuilder comes out to answer some of these with regards to players. also hard to answer the conf. championship ?'s without knowing who's in what division. but great idea and i will certainly post up my answers this week.

PAgamer07 when we deciding who goes to what division?

9. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

I believe we will go 8-4 or 9-3 but as long as we win 6 games and make a bowl it will be a good first season.
    PAgamer07 and the Trojans should make it there but if not him probably TEClemson53 and Wisconsin but it will not be a user/user national championship.
    QB Zach Maynard will be the starter for his Junior Season and he will have SO WR Keenan Allen and JR RB Isi Sofele to help him out on the offensive side. On defense JR LB Robert Mullins is going to need to be the leader of the young defense and he will need JR CB Marc Anthony and JR SS Josh Hill to help out as well.
    On offense freshman wideout Maurice Harris is going to need to be a huge part of the offense as he will be opposite to Keenan Allen and on defense LB Chris McCain and DE Mustafa Jalil will need to produce off the bat if we have any hope of keeping the opposing offense's in check.
    Every year I will be looking forward to the Cal/Stanford game but another game that will be circled on the schedule to start every season will be PAgamer07 and the Trojans.
    Pick for the lil Pac 12 championship? Stanford
    Pick for the SEC "steal the bcs thunder" championship? Arkansas
    Pick for the B1G conference championship? Wisconsin
    over/under how many times someone whines about the team they are playing with? +10
    how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks? 4-5 times
    Did the draft come out as you expected? Nope not at all I thought LSU and Bama were getting picked for show.
    were you shocked by any picks? yes, Brian picking Texas A&M and Screw taking OSU
    Who do you think made the worst choice as far as teams go? Everyone who picked a B1G school :D
    Who do you see struggling with their team? Brian and Texas A&M just because he has to play DNF,Ryal, and Nachos every year but hopefully im wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

what he said

11. NDCOLTS1979

Okay lets start off with question one
    What is your prediction for the first season? I predict a 9-3 Season for the Fighting Illini. I believe the offense will be just good enough and the defense will dominate most games.
    Who do you believe is going to be in the N.C game season one? I Believe Usc will squeak in with 1 loss and play a cpu team this year
    Who are your impact players returning? Nathan Scheelhaase Johnathan Brown Michael Buchanan
    Who are your newcomers that you need to step up and hope step up? Taylor Barton 6'1 200lb DB who was recruited out of Orlando, Fla. in high school he played WR/CB but i believe he will be on the defensive side of the ball for the Illini. From footage of this guy he has exceptional coverage skills and is a ball hawk. He has 4.40 speed and his a hard hitter. Eventually probably will be a safety but i believe he will be penciled in at CB. Has a chance to play on Sundays especially if moved to Safety.
    Travis Fuller 6'1 185lbs from Ft Meyers Fla played LB in high school but will be a safety for the Illini. He, like Barton, is big hitter. Fuller often makes plays in the offensive backfield and will probably be very effective as a strong safety, especially in blitz packages. Fuller also appears to be a very intelligent player, who is rarely out of position or caught over-pursuing. However, Fuller does not have elite speed, thus for Fuller to be effective at this level, he will need to devote a lot of time in the film room and with the playbook. Based on his performance in high school, he should have no problem with this.
    Teko Powell-DT-6’2", 285 lbs., Miami, FL. The biggest thing about Powell is his speed. He ran a 4.9 40 and has very quick feet. He has the speed to make life difficult for quarterbacks and running backs throughout the B1G. He also has tremendous leg drive, which gives him the ability to bull rush offensive linemen. However, Powell’s technique is not very developed and he lacks the sophisticated moves of big time pass rushers. Powell also needs to make better use of his hands and, at 285 lbs., would be a liability against power running games, like those of Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. That said, Powell should still be able to make a difference as an inside pass rusher and, possibly, as a defensive end
    Who do you have circled on your schedule? Being new and a new year i have every game circled as every game is important especially when it comes to recruiting.
    Pick for the lil Pac 12 championship? USC
    Pick for the SEC "steal the bcs thunder" championship? ARK hb is a beast
    Pick for the B1G conference championship? Wisconsin
    over/under how many times someone whines about the team they are playing with?5
    how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks? How many seasons
    Did the draft come out as you expected? were you shocked by any picks? Who do you think made the worst choice as far as teams go? Who do you see struggling with their team? Not really but i had a feeling the mock draft was a joke. I swore brian was going Ohio St but going the Aggies was a good choice. Not sure i think everyone should eventually get a feel for their team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Good stuff guys- miiiight steal this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PAgamer07

What is your prediction for the first season?:

Let's see... In the SEC, Nick returns to glory and smokes the entire conference making an appearance in the National Championship Game. Everyone else in the SEC struggles mightily. In the B1G, Shane comes back full force and wins every conference user game, including an OT win against Screw in which screw misses the game winning 30 yard FG. In the PAC-12? Everyone beats up on each other. Even Zac gets a win over Sonn. Stanford and Oregon go on to play for the Conference Title Game.

Who do you believe is going to be in the N.C game season one?- Arkansas vs Boise State.

Who are your impact players returning?- Offense is the key on this year's team and it is led by Matt Barkley, and early Heisman favorite. He has two great WR to throw to in Robert woods and Marqise Lee. 40+ PPG should be the standard here this year.

Who are your newcomers that you need to step up and hope step up? Sophmore DT George Uko is the anchor on the defensive line. We need to have solid defensive line play as my teams always do, and Uko is key here.

Who do you have circled on your schedule? The Oregon Ducks. I want to see what all the hype is about. Looking forward to smashing them in the mouth for 60 minutes.

Pick for the lil Pac 12 championship? Stanford. He has been way too quiet this year, and I expect him to make some noise.

Pick for the SEC "steal the bcs thunder" championship?- Arkansas. DNF is back home and will run away with that division.

Pick for the B1G conference championship?- Michigan, a year away from the game works wonders for Coach Hartman

over/under how many times someone whines about the team they are playing with?- 5

how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks?- Zero. I only need to tell him once :)

Did the draft come out as you expected? were you shocked by any picks? Who do you think made the worst choice as far as teams go? Who do you see struggling with their team?-

The draft was a huge surprise. I did not expect Zac to take Cal. I was hoping he took a better team, but I hope he shocks us all. Trey's pick was a shocker too. I really thought he stay down there NASCAR country with the other inbreds. I was also surprised by Screw's pick. I did not expect him to take a scrub B1G school. Im sure he wants to switch teams by season 3.

On the other side of the fence... I love Ryal's pick. He is going to do some good things with Mizzou. Same with Nachos' pick of the Gamecocks. Marcus Lattimore will wreck havok this year. Too bad it's his last year.

As for the rest, I like all the picks everyone else made. Although... I'm regretting not taking Washington now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

I bet your fellow Pac-12 members won't mind if you go ahead and switch, haha.

15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

If the commish wants to switch I am fine with that.

16. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya, go for it commish.

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

PAgamer07 yeah, you should switch, USC (both versions) is top notch homo....

this whole "NASCAR country" redneck talk, you can kiss my ass lol...everytime I leave North Carolina, I'm amazed. I think there is more "trash" or "rednecks" north then in NC, at least the part I live in. What do you think ZCar352

• Like Like x 1
  18. AJ Hart MN

Teambuilder, I don't need no stinking TeamBuilder.. Do some research on your squads ladies..

Redshirts Preseason Media days
    I think on Heisman, we all may struggle a little bit. We're all going to be trying to forge an identity and with that, I think we see more cpu losses in season 1 than we will see in any season of the Dynasty. I'm going into season one with expectations that I'll struggle a little bit but we'll hit the ground running on the recruiting trails so once we figure out the gameplay and the identity of our team, we'll be able to roll for the duration of the dynasty.
    I won't be shocked to see a CPU/CPU championship game. If anyone was to sneak up and steal a spot I think it would be either dnf or Trey. Both of those squads are championship caliber right away and both guy's like to practice so I can see them being really good at the beginning of the dynasty. If I'm a betting man, I'm guessing it's CPU/CPU.
    Offense: Denard Robinson is the easy answer here. What worries me is the fact that I don't do well with mobile QB's as I'm much more comfortable with drop back passers but I'll find a way to use Denard's legs. RB Fitzgerald Touissant is coming off a 1000 yard season and should be a focal point of this offense. He doesn't have the blazing speed but he's sneaky quick and has great ball catching skills out of the backfield. The receiving corps is probably the weak point of the offense but the main man in the wideout collection would have to be Roy Roundtree. Roundtree was spectacular in 2010 with over 70 catches but dropped off to just 19 last season. We'll need him to play like his 2010 form to achieve anything this season. The offensive line should be pretty good this upcoming season. Jr LT Taylor Lewan should be one of the better lineman in all of College Football and should open plenty of holes for Robinson and Fitzgerald.
    Defense: The Defensive line is probably the weakest spot on the defensive side of the ball as we lost 3 starters. DE Craig Roh returns as the anchor of the line and we'll need him to set an example for some of the young guy's we have coming in. We're going to be young on the line but very talented. This line should be quite scary in a couple of years. The Linebacker corp should be one of the strengths of the team. We return all three starters with SO Jake Ryan probably being the best of the bunch. With two SO starting here, we should be set for some time. The secondary should also be pretty good. We return all four starters with former walk-on Jordan Kovacs being the leader back there. He's not fast by any means but he'll come up and lay a lick on you. SO Blake Countess is our best CB and should have a excellent career in Ann Arbor.
    Special Teams: JR K Brendon Gibbons should give us a capable placekicker while RS FR Justice Hayes and true FR Dennis Norfleet give us capable returners.
    5* DT Ondre Pipkins actually has a chance to start right away so he could be a potential impact player right off the bat. The incoming recruiting class was very impressive so they should have a huge impact in keeping this program at the top but hopefully most don't have to see the field in 2012. Potential FR that could see some playing time are: :4stars:RB Dennis Norfleet, :5stars: OT Kyle Kalis and :4stars:WR Amara Darboh. Obviously, Pipkins is the most likely to see immediate PT.
    As always, the Buckeyes! Can't wait to see what my fellow B1G coaches Greg and Trey have to offer also. It should be a very competitive conference and I can't wait to get started.
    USC.. Pa may have been talking some smack but he'll back it up in season one. He has the most talented team so if he doesn't do it the first year, I don't know when he will.
    I actually think a CPU team will win this conference but if anyone could sneak in and win the most competitive and best conference in college football, it would be dnf. I think coach ryalaman and BriOSU will struggle right off the bat and Nachos will be ok, but not good enough.
    I think my boy's have a legitimate shot but if I had to pick any team, I would go for Trey's Wisconsin squad. Bielema has built something special up there and Trey should keep that train rolling along. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Screw jumped up and won the thing. I do think it's going to take some time for him to fully learn the spread though.
    15! 5 each from Screw and Pa and I guess we'll see where the other 5 come from.
    how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks?
    20! I'm picking Pa to get him in season one but I think sonn end's up with the better head to head record. Sonn is actually my sleeper team for the whole release. I think he's going to roll people this release and I may be going out on a limb here but he's my pick for the most Natty's this year.. Don't let me down now there sonn ;)
    Did the draft come out as you expected? were you shocked by any picks? Who do you think made the worst choice as far as teams go? Who do you see struggling with their team?
    Obviously there were some surprises as the two biggest coming in the first two picks with ZCar going to Cal and Bri leaving C-Bus for A&M. I think both could struggle against high powered users but I'll surely be rooting for both. Screw also surprised me going to Ohio St as everyone expected him to go to Bama but he'll be fine. The Buckeyes are a recruiting giant so it's not much of a step down from Bama and some might say it's a easier job as the B1G isn't as stacked as the SEC.. Typical Screw, always looking for the easy way out. I'm sure Trey, Greg and myself will be ready to make him regret that decision everytime we play him.
    That's all I got for now.. I can't wait for the season as I've been looking forward to playing with all you guy's since I had to drop last season. I honestly believe this is the best league on the site and it's a honor to game with you guy's again for the 3rd straight release. This is going to be a competitive ass league!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  19. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Three losses. Two to users, one to a CPU team. I have the advantage of not having to adjust to the new passing system :)
    DNF vs. CPU. Probably Boise State unless they are scheduled on some user's schedules.
    [​IMG]
    Marcus "2012 Heisman Winner" Lattimore. Everyone knows I like to run, and this guy is the second highest running back I've ever had. QB Connor Shaw is rated an 89 and is the best QB I've ever started out with. On defense free safety D.J. Swearinger is one of the top rated safeties for next years draft and one of the top players on defense in the very tough SEC. Jadeveon Clowney was the #1 rated prospect in the country in 2011 and is rated 91 as a Sophomore. The sky is the limit for this guy.
    I am not a fan of using freshman. More then likely most of them will be redshirted unless there is just 0 depth at a position. The freshman class was ranked #19, which is amazingly 8th among current SEC teams. In 2011 they had the #18 class, 2010 #24, 2009 #9 so the talent is there.
    Michigan AJ Hart MN. What do you say?
    sonn and Oregon runs away with it now that he is out of the Conference of Doom.
    DNF all day
    A CPU team :)
    Never thought Texas A&M would be the first SEC taken. I actually had planned on taking them as my first SEC team.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  20. sonn

sonn Walk On

10-2. I'm almost positive that I'll lose at least one game because of stupid decisions when throwing the ball.
    Ryal and AJ.
    RB Kenjon Barner has big shoes to fill replacing LaMichael James and I think he'll be up to the task.
    USC. Southern Cal has talked plenty of shit already.
    Oregon. Got to have faith.
    Ryal. He's one of the best players in the OD and he has a good team this time.
    AJ. He's always in the NC hunt and I think he'll dominate the B1G.
    Screw will find something new every day to complain about. So somewhere around 300.
    About 50 times.
    That will conclude the media days for upcoming season as i sign off Just proud to be apart of Redshirts and hope to have many enjoyable seasons to look forward to
    A little stunned that Screw didn't pick Bama since he said he was a big fan of the team.

21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

22. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

After looking at my roster it doesn't look like we will have much of an offense outside of thee run game. On defense our cornerbacks should be able to keep the other teams WRs in check. I'm hoping for low scoring games that the defense can keep close so we can pull out a few wins. With Heisman difficulty I'm seeing an 8 or so win season.
    PAgamer07 should be the early favorite but with Heisman, people getting used to the new game, and us beating up on each other a cpu vs cpu N.C. game wouldn't surprise me.
    Center Sam Schwartzstein is the best player on the team and will be the leader to a very young line. Super sophomore's RT Brendon Austin and LT Cameron Fleming along with OG David Yankey are the third and fifth best players on the squad. This line will be the force that which senior HB Stepfan Taylor carries the offense.
    SS Jordan Richards will be the starter and will need to step up.
    Week 3 against USC. This game will determine how the rest of the season will go.
    I would put money on Oregon.
    South Carolina
    Wisconsin
    I would go at least once an in game week.
    Three
    Not at all. The first two picks surprised me a lot. Colts and Sonn picks were no surprise at all. Thought PAgamer07 was going to go Washington but he didn't.

23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

1 or 2 losses. I plan to take OSU to the next level under new coach Urban Screw. They were down a little the past couple years but its time to make a NCG push now instead of later.
    Who do you believe is going to be in the N.C game season one?DNF/Sonn...two top ranked teams to start and neither should get beat with the teams they have. I think Sonn beats USC and DNF goes undefeated.​
    QB Braxton Miller is going to be a stud. The read option game will light up the scoreboard and the mix b/w the run pass will keep defenses on edge. Our TE should also see the most targets and be a force over the middle.
    Who are your newcomers that you need to step up and hope step up?We have a young Center and young CBs. Those guys need to step up in order to get this team to the top.​
    Who do you have circled on your schedule?Wisconsin will prove to be the toughest foe on this years schedule. We expect to win.​
    Pick for the lil Pac 12 championship?Oregon, without thinking.​
    Pick for the SEC "steal the bcs thunder" championship?Mizzou. James franklin is a stud and they have a great WR core.​
    Pick for the B1G conference championship?OSU! I think we can win it. If release plays like the demo, I think OSU has the team to run the spread and dominate with it!​
    I think ryal whines about Mizzou and the lack of new uni's in the game (if teambuilder is correct). He longs for the retarded helmets and jerseys of the Turtles.
    how many times PAgamer07 tells sonn i told you i was going to make you pay for taking the Ducks?None. Sonn owns PA and PA never gets the tell him "i told you so".​
    The commish selling out to the best team in the game was surprising. Nothing else was super surprising. I think Zcar may wish he didn't take such a rebuilder, but with the new gem/bust system in recruiting, he may find some gem 3* players out in cali that boosts the program to elite status.

24. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

9-3, The defensive talent is really solid but nothing outstanding. It will hurt us in some games IMO.​
    DNF vs a CPU team..... everyone forgets hes going to have Niles Davis who when healthy is PROBABLY a top 2-3 running back in the country... he's not a run first person but the fact he's going to have this guy to "fall back on" if he's not hitting his WR's is a little scary.​
    RB Montee Ball, RB James White, WR Jared Abbrederis, LB Chris Borland, those 4 stick out like a sore thumb, just really talented.​
    I'm not big on playing freshman, this team is full of sophomore's & junior's so hopefully no diaper dandies will be needed. The only way you'll ever see one of my freshman on the field is if he's the #1 or #2 at his position and comes in rated highly...like Jeff Lamb​
    Well I don't know my non-conference games yet but I'm looking forward to Ohio State, it's not as big of a rivalry as Ohio State/Michigan but it seems the Wisconsin/Ohio State is always on a big stage.​
    Trojans, sadly.​
    Arkansas, beast mode​
    Ohio State, Screw will piss me off with Braxton Miller. Michigan is still a a year or two away from being scary good. They have a boat load of young talent.​
    Once every two advances​
    No sympathy, that's where I wanted to go. I hope you never win a game sonn but at least the team will look good every week​
    Little shocked that Alabama/LSU are cpu teams. I thought Zac would go to Auburn. The worst choice, at least right now has to be Brian. I like his team, he's just stuck with some tough ass users. I think Illinois will struggle at least the first year or two. There isn't much depth looking at that roster but you never know​

25. PAgamer07

Lol why USC sadly?