Redskins(29) @ Falcons (48)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Dec 2, 2009.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Redskins(29) @ Falcons (48)

Birds Stomp Skins
    Birds and Braves-Atlanta Sports Blog
    Xavier Washington

As both teams left the field sunday the air on one side line was silent, as the Atlanta Falcons laid a beat down on the Washington Redskins 48-29. The Redskins were beaten and bloody as they walked into the locker room to find a furious coach waiting for them.

The game started out the same way it would continue with the Skins punting and Atlanta orchestrating an 8 play TD drive capped off with a R. White 16 yard TD reception. The Redskins again were forced to punt and the Falcons capitalized with a FG.

As Washington came out in the second quarter looking to get back into the game J. Cambell would be intercepted by B. Grimes and taken to the house making it 17-0. On the next Redskins play from scrimage J. Cambell would throw another interception (as he was being sacked) that would be returned to pay dirt, giving Atlanta a commanding 24-0 lead. Washington determined to stay in it scored on a 50 yard catch by D. Thomas making it 24-7 heading into half.

The second half showcased two M. Ryan interceptions as the skins would continue to fight to get back in this one, but Atlanta switched gears opening up a dominant running game eating up most of the clock. Roddy White was fined 5,000$ dollars by the league for comments he made after the game. IN his post game press conference "I don't know what the big deal is all I said to him (Clinton Portis) was if some warm Mutton Stew and a 40 oz. would cheer him up, I mean who doesn't like 40's."

Coach Wajomatik also commented on the game,"Wow what can I say, everything just bounced our way today. As far as the last play of the game goes, I take full responsibility for that play. Would I call it again, no we would have just knelt. I guess we just felt a little red in the face for getting caught with our pants down on that two point conversion. But I do want these guys to know that this coaching staff has thier backs."

Key Stats
    Atlanta Falcons
    M. Ryan 18-31 321 Yrds 3TD 2INT
    M. Turner 135 Yrds 1TD combined rushing and receiving
    R. White 11 Rec 209 Yrds 2TD
    B. Grimes INT returned for TD
    J. Babinauex INT returned for TD

Washington Redskins

J. Cambell 10-18 206 Yrds 3TD 2INT
    Combined Rushing (Portis, Duckett, Davis) 19 Att 81 Yrds 1TD
    S. Moss 4 Rec 124 Yrds 2TD

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

You would be undefeated had the Pats not been on your schedule.(y)

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

That bastard Tom Brady and his hot wife