Redskins 40 vs Ravens 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    Redskins win big in Balitmore in Gaddy's last game with Redskins.

Gaddy shares a moment with DAngelo Hall

Washington Post

The week started out very emotional for a lot of Redskins players especially one in particular superstar WR Aaron Scott. They wanted to make this last game a memorable one for their coach and they did just that. First quarter Redskins would give the Ravens a heavy dose of the Hogs while Michael Turner followed his blocks as the holes were opening up. The Ravens seeing that they need to bring more in the box made a crucial mistake when Robert You went up top to Aaron Scott on a 46 yard TD pass. The defense stunned the Ravens forcing them to a 3 and out. Next possession Redskins would add a FG to increase the lead. The second quarter was a mixture of run and pass from the Redskins as the control everything on the field. Sam Elliott would score from 2 yards out and Turner would drag a DB in for another score from 12 yards. The Redskins went into halftime up 27-0.

2nd half Baltimore would show life with an kickoff return by L.Webb to get them on the board but the Redskins run game pretty much control the game Sellers would add another score from 2 yards out while late in the 4th Aaron Scott set up a field goal with a spectacular run after the catch on a screen pass.

Coach Gaddy had this to say about the team "This team is now ready to compete for a championship as they have all the pieces needed for that run. I will miss these guys as they are like my family but I don't walk away leaving them in ruins but in position to be the best. There are a lot of guys on the team that would probably get overlooked by many clubs that are starting for me and performing at a high level which makes me proud. I wish the entire Redskins team and organization the best and have all the success that comes with that. Hopefully my new team will see them in the Championship game battling for the ultimate prize.