Redskins - Gotham

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Redskins - Gotham

All righty, let's see what I remember...

On offense, the Redskins stay fairly conservative. Don't see a whole lot of crazy formations. They just line up 2 WR, 1 or 2 TE, and 1 or 2 RB and try to pound the ball on early downs. Seems to me that he typically will stay between the tackles, relying on Portis' and Duckett's trucking ability to break tackles, which works, believe me. Ouch. If you have good interior defense, he doesn't try to break it outside, but he will call a play running out just to keep the defense honest.

When it's passing downs, the Redskins put 3 WRs on the field. They like to exploit mismatches in coverage and he's very good at doing so. If he sees man, he usually has a route set up for underneath with a deep route over the top to draw deep safeties back and create a seam. I tried playing a bit more under zone coverage, which worked for most of his routes except the flats. Hard to cover everything but I'll give up the flats if I have decent tacklers.

On defense, he is VERY good at playing corners/safeties on the fly covering passes. As such, he plays a lot of 7 and 8 guys in the box. With that front four, including Albert Haynesworth and Cedric Griffin, it's tough to run inside. I had a decent bit of success running to the outside, but you have to have speed as he has quick corners (DeAngelo Hall has 97 speed that is scary). Otherwise, stick with accurate quick passes across the middle and take your chances if you're good on the sticks. Which I'm not.

Overall, Redskins are a solid team. They can be beat, but it will take a good game and winning the turnover battle to succeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.