Regular Content Ideas

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Jun 15, 2012.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Hey fellas, less than a month away for NCAA 13, I just wanted to start a discussion of different content ideas we can incorporate in our forum.

Obviously it's easy to say we want to do stuff but it would be great if we could follow through the whole year. So let's throw out ideas for some specific reports/posts that we can do on a weekly/bi weekly basis.

One thing I'd like to do is a more extensive recruiting report. The idea is to look at players that are either top tier guys or guys that are being fought over by multiple users. I'd like to give a layout like ESPN or Rivals recruiting which will highlight their key areas of strength and give a bit of a scouting report. I will also update the recruiting classes for each team, maybe in a google spreadsheet linked inside of the thread.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    All of our recruiting information can be kept in this centralized recruiting hub. I will whip up a template in the next few days for preview.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jfosh

jfosh Super

This sounds promising

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

An idea we could steal from Legacy is having a separate blog thread for each of the conferences. This can be used for season previews, midseason reports, talking trash (like how the SEC will destroy ACC :p ) or any other content related to the conferences.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/sec-2018-2019-lords-of-the-rings.76507/

I was also thinking we should do something different for Game Summaries. I can't speak for everyone but I personally hate writing game summaries and I don't know how many people even bother to read summaries. I was thinking a better idea may be to have one league-wide summary for each week of the season. We can set it up so everyone has an assigned week. We could also decide a Game of the Week and person writing summary can interview the winning coach for that game.

Recruiting discussion is also a great idea. I did something like this in T3 before our first file crashed in NCAA 12.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I wanna do a podcast. How? I have no idea and on what I have no idea. I would need help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Probably a more ambitious idea of mine is to do a prospective tracking of our recruits. It would be cool to see where what they ended up doing over the course of their careers and whether they ended up being as good as their ranking suggested.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's an awesome idea, I love everything that you have suggested in here. The key is keeping it somewhat minimalist to where you can keep going with it. And also, being willing to ask for help with it at times if you need it, too. I will give some thought to this today, as to what I can do. I know for one thing I am going to do a spreadsheet that simply keeps track of how the dynasty has gone... and have that at the top of the forum. Award winners, championship winners, etc...

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Does the dynasty site allow you to download stats?

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It did this year... In the beginning I was making use of those options.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Ok if that is the case then this shouldn't be too difficult to do.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Could do one a couple weeks into the year and one before bowl week, or something like that to keep things easy. Make predictions, recruiting analysis, players to watch, In-conference storylines etc. This could be very cool, and depending on how much time I have in the fall, maybe we could work together on it.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Maybe just pick 1 or 2 kids from everyone's class, and do an update on their progress after each season and at the end of their career.

13. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

yeah that would be cool

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 6
  15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

16. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'll help you out with some of this stuff. We can split it up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I'm going to give everyone access so we can update this whenever. I will create another one for player scouting reports.

• Like Like x 3
  18. HotRod

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 1
  19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The one thing I want done every year is end of year top 25, Heisman winner(team and user), and National Title Game (teams, users and scores). Thats about it

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Honestly Hotrod I would skip the All Americans IMO and focus your time on something else. I mean if it is on google docs then fine but I find the AA Team pretty useless.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    is this something we can just DL and input and re-put back onto the site? that's hot man...

and podcast would be hot too, I'd want in on something like that.

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

It's a google doc. He can give us the edit link and you can just go to it and change info.