Regular Season 2015 Questionairre

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Bucs, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

A few questions to get us to reflect on this season and maybe spark some convo around here.

1) Did this season meet, exceed or fall below expecations and why?

2) Greatest Moment or win from this year

3) Worst Moment or win from this year

4) Players who surprised you or players you let you down this year

5)How do you rate your class so far? Do you still have some spots that you need to fill?

6) What was your teams major strength this year?

7) Which graduating player will you miss the most next season?

8) Describe your team in 6 words or less

9) Offensive/Defensive MVP's

10) 1 word to describe this season

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

There's a lot of these questions that I simply cannot answer because I have so many important games left.

3. Bucs

yeah there are a few big game still left out there, but i just wanted to get it up before i forgot or lost the inspiration, remember this doesnt include bowl games and CCG games, just weeks 1-15

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well you don't have too many big games left since you lost to Cal

5. Cheez

Still got my BCS Bowl after Cal loses out ;)

I'll answer the ones I can for now though:

This is a tough one to answer. We won a BCS Bowl, which was our primary goal, but lost to Cal and didn't win the conference championship. So, all of the above I guess.

We really didnt have any "great" moments or wins. Our best win was probably avenging a loss from a couple seasons ago against Michigan. Everything went right for us in that game.

Worst moment has to be losing to Cal. Team played incredibly poorly, and it cost us the division title.

Really didnt have any major letdowns. Was surprised by Kelsey Young this year. I've reverted to a 3 back offense, so I didnt think that I would be able to have a heisman Candidate. However, here he is.

5)How do you rate your class so far? Do you still have some spots that you need to fill?
    I've got some really nice additions coming in. Filled all of my needs, and added depth to some spots that might be lacking. We picked up a lot of linemen this year, which is nice with a big group of our current ones as upperclassmen.

Defense defense defense. Only one team scored more than 20 points on us all season, and it took a late rally for them to achieve that. Also, their name is Ohio State

Might be a shock for some reading this, but strong safety Wayne Lyons. Freshman All American, then All American his sophomore / junior seasons. He has been involved in so many big plays, and will be tough to replace.

Cal will pay for this treachery

Offensive: Kelsey Young
    Defensive: I can't name a single player because we played great TEAM defense as a whole unit throughout much of the season.

Schizophrenic

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

A few questions to get us to reflect on this season and maybe spark some convo around here.

1) Did this season meet, exceed or fall below expecations and why? This season sucked, the Cougars basically fell way short of our goals this season. We are not going to a bowl game. We have to learn how to win games. The Cougs continue to lose close games that we should win. In addition we must get better as a team.

2) Greatest Moment or win from this year? There were no great moments, our best win was against Oregon, it was a dramatic game, taking a last second field goal to win the game.

3) Worst Moment or win from this year? Losing to UCLA, if my team had a kicker, just maybe the Cougs win that one.

4) Players who surprised you or players you let you down this year? QB Mark Johnson, he basically sucked this season. For the season he threw 20 interceptions and only 2 TD passes. Against Oregon he threw five picks, and fumbled the ball twice. That game was fucking unbelievable.

5)How do you rate your class so far? Do you still have some spots that you need to fill? My recruiting class is what it is. Going into the season the Cougs had no needs to fill, and only had 10 scholarships to offer. The best recruit so far signed is James Wood, the 17th rated CB from Georgia. WSU main goal is establish pipelines in Texas and Georgia.

6) What was your teams major strength this year? My team has no major strength, we suck across the board.

7) Which graduating player will you miss the most next season? There is only one answer HB Chester Su a. I am pretty sure Cheez and recchem will miss him as well. He has been on my team from day 1, my initial impression was that he sucked, my impression is still he sucks, but he has had pretty good games at the end of the season. He rushed for 192 yards against Oregon.

8) Describe your team in 6 words or less? Lousy

9) Offensive/Defensive MVP's? SS Max Gamma, he also has been here from day 1. This season he played really well, going into Week 14 he leads the country in tackles, and has also picked off five passes.

10) 1 word to describe this season Disappointing

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheez

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

1) Did this season meet, exceed or fall below expecations and why? With the chance we had to get to the Pac 12 CCG, I guess we have to call this season a disappointment. Although 8-5 with this team and the schedule we had isn't bad.

2) Greatest Moment or win from this year Beating Cougs and his crppy kicker :)

3) Worst Moment or win from this year Losing to CPU Notre Dame and USC while leading both games going into the 4th quarter!

4) Players who surprised you or players you let you down this year Surprise player was my HB Stanley who went over 1000 yards for the season and played really well for a 77 rated player. Biggest letdown was a combo of my entire offensive line and my QB play. Hundley had moments of greatness but just turned the ball over way too much. Didnt help that my line was like a spaghetti strainer for most of the season, allowing defensive linemen to get by with east each and every week.

5)How do you rate your class so far? Do you still have some spots that you need to fill? Small class but easily the most talented class thus far. Hopefully we can build around some of these guys in the future.

6) What was your teams major strength this year? I don't think we had one. Nothing really stood out this season for me besides my lack of good lineplay. This season was kind of a mess all around for everyone I think with all the BS that went on.

7) Which graduating player will you miss the most next season? None...they were all bums :)

8) Describe your team in 6 words or less On The Rise?

9) Offensive/Defensive MVP's HB Stanley offensive MVP...DT Greg Bright defensive MVP (no I did not control him!)

10) 1 word to describe this season Sack

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Only played 4 games and no user games, but I'll go anyways

We won every game I played. Not too much competition with Minnesota and Texas Tech and some other easy teams. Didn't lose, so can't be disappointed.
    In the bowl game, we were able to give everybody the ball in the 2nd half, and nobody disappointed. 6 rush TD's by 5 players.
    Can't remember. We looked pretty good.
    Ryan Keith, RS freshman HB, didn't play until I got here. He looked pretty good.
    I'm liking how our recruiting was when I got here. I'm happy with our class and next year, we plan to step it up even more.
    We were great at running the ball and forcing turnovers. The secondary was great this year. We only allowed 34 points in 4 games, so we're happy with that.
    Our 6'4" QB Jeremiah Lane will be tough to replace. Our running game should set up the pass next season to help out AJ Gordan, a 5'11" sophomore.
    Exited to Play
    HB John Whaley looked good. He was our #4 HB but got a lot of time in. On defense Matt Allen was the anchor.
    10) 1 word to describe this season​
    Ball

10. Bucs

It either met or exceeded expectations, had no idea that we would be competing for a B1G championship this year and it was nice to have some on field success.

Best win would have to over Cal, they turned out to be a solid team and it was a great early season test for us and a solid addition to our resume.

Worst moment might be a tie between the loss to Miami where we couldnt overcome a slow start or the loss to Penn State, i really feel we could have gotten a win over the Lions this year if not for some turnovers and stupid plays.

Definately DT Steve Morris, he went from 4 sacks last year to 16 this year, also could be QB Jamal Turner, we didnt have much expectations for him but he came in and really showed he was a playmaker. Actually finished with more TDs than Ints which is new for us.

We filled all our positional needs which is nice, and i think we got a few playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. Too early to tell but I think this will be a good class looking back.

I'd have to say as usual running the ball, we had one running back finish with over 1000 yards and his backup wasnt too far behind in the 800-900 range, both with over 10 TDs, i think we do an excellent job of getting that balance in the run game with our two back system

QB Jamal Turner, there will be a huge drop off at QB next year, so our running game will really have to step up, hopefully none of our guys decide to go pro.

Bi Polar

Offensive is WR Jason Roberts who finished with 52 Receptions, 1300 yards and 15 TDs, Defensive is our whole defensive line, they are the heart and soul of the program.

Entertaining

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Exceeded, especially after the first 2 games were ugly losses. Nothing like coming back for a 9-0 Pac12 regular season.

Back to back vs darr in consecutive weeks vs Arizona and then USC. In both games field goals went my way with bounces.

Loss to USC in Championship game. First Rose Bowl in 57 yrs would have been sweet. But the worst part is it was the cpu... :(

Oline surprised me in a good way. They literally got better throughout the year. Never seen the ncaa series have that happen.

B class. I wanted more top end talent and lost some close, good ones to Stanford and Ucla.

Takeaways.

My LG Fontenot. Held the line together. FS Walls made a ridiculous amount of plays.

This team had alot of pride.

RB Brendan Bigelow/FS Avery Walls

Overachievement