Reign's 2010-2011 Storylines

Discussion in 'Tradition Basketball' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 4, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Reign's 2010-2011 Storylines

Feel free to chime in and give your opinions on these topics.

• Will Miami's new bunch gel for a ring? Who will be the first to get frustrated and leave?
    • Where will 'Melo land?
    • Can anyone out West challenge the Lakers?
    • How many games will the Cavs win without Lebron?
    • Turner? Wall? Cousins? Other? Who wins ROY?
    • Will Greg Oden or Andrew Bynum play more than 60 games this year?
    • Will Iverson be picked up this season?
    • Will Dwight Howard realize he's a beast and play like one?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

1. I think Miami will be in the NBA Finals this year. If they can beat the Lakers in 5-6 games. If it goes to a game 7 with little time on the clock, their might be a problem. Too many guys are going to want that last shot.

2. No. The power shift is happening (finally). The Lakers have at least one season or two of serious contention left before they'll be in the same predicament. Their are not building for the future, only championships now. They don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by drafting their future replacement and that will hurt in the long run.

3. 30 games. That team is headed for trouble. They weren't much with Lebron (he did damn near everything) and they won't be much without him. Their owner bit off more than he can chew with this one.

4. John Wall. He has too much talent and hype surrounding him, plus the fact that Washington is full of "gunners". His stats will look pretty but the overall team record won't.

5. No. Their just too big for their own good right now. Both will be on the pine nursing injuries before the All Star break.

6. Yes. I think a team in need of a scorer for a late season playoff push will take a chance on my favorite player, AI. A veteran led team may also take a chance before then if their main scorer goes down.

7. I sure hope so. With all the teams around the Magic getting better they will need Superman to don that cape somewhere other than the Slam Dunk Contest, try the playoffs Mr. Howard.

3. nelgai

nelgai Walk On

1. They will fight for it. First against the celtics and, if they beat boston, against the lakers. i don't think any of the big three will leave. if things go wrong, maybe a new coach will come, or THE old coach will come back.
    2. If he doesn't stay in denver, i'd say the knicks
    3. Nope, not yet. but keep an eye on thunders for the next years.
    4. Less than 40, for sure. I don't think they'll hit the po.
    5. Wall, for the same reasons you stated.
    6. I hope so, but there are too many "ifs". well, there's mostly a big one if. IF they stay healthy.
    7. Nope, i don't think so, and it'll be a real shame. i see an european or chinese future for one of the most excting players the game has ever had.
    8. I'm sorry, i don't think dwight has the... character to ever become a franchise player. but this is the old school in me talking. i love the big guys of yonder, and howard is too much different from them to my taste.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I don't think they'll win it this year. Even though they are close with one another, they might not even make it out of the East. Orlando and Boston are going to be tough because they are already "gelled".

I don't know where Melo will go! Probably somewhere in the East? I know he don't want no part of having to deal with the Lakers.

Nope, not with KOBE around!

Cavs win less than 30...

Evan Turner for ROY

Haha, who knows.. about Oden and Bynum..

No doubt somebody will grab Iverson...

Howard needs to do the Shaq.. Sit under the basket and try to dunk. He can't shoot. He needs to learn how to shoot free throws.. JEBUS..

5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Iverson's NBA career is over he had a shot last year and quit on 2 teams why would anybody waste their time.

6. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

1. I believe Miami (if all 3 core players stay healthy) will threaten to win 70 games in the regular season until atleast the allstar break. Reality will set in and they will lose in the conference finals. The big teams will be tough on them even Boston because Chris "Rupaul" Bosh is a joke in big games, LeBron is the man but hasnt shown a talent for coming up big in the end, now the reason they may win it all is Wade, he is big time.

2. I think Carmelo may get traded to a stopgap team like the Nets but he wont sign an extension unless he is dealt to the Knicks where he will be next year most likely with CP3.

3. Cavs will be lucky to be .500, I think that nearly gets COY for Byron Scott.

4. Out here in L.A. we are optimistic about this year while keeping an eye on that Oklahoma City Thunder. I think Durant will be the best player in the league before too long.

5. John Wall, next.

6. I dont know much about Oden, but the Lakers fear Bynum my not make his season debut until Christmas.

7. AI is done, he may play with Marbury in China

8. I hope so, I would like to see him dominate both ends of the court

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Will Miami's new bunch gel for a ring? Who will be the first to get frustrated and leave?

- No one is getting mad and leaving. I do think they win it this year and keep it up for a couple years. If not this year than damn close, which means future years will be dominated. A mad @ the world lebron james, and now a mad dwade with the best post up shooter in the game = winning. The NBA isnt the NFL, theres only a handful of teams that can even really contend. Bynum already is out till atleast december, his injury problems will never end. Boston is the biggest threat IMO. The heat absorbed the cavs. Orlando honestly isnt that scary and are kind of a joke. Howard takes care of himself with his limited offensive showcase.

What makes me think this? Seeing Orlando fail time and time again. Losing Hedo hurt. Vince flashes but hes not the old VC. The heat without Bron-Bosh were a top defensive team and usually split with the best teams in season series. The heat did not have a post up shooter for years. Jermaine O'Knees was good for a bout half a season. Beasley was a face up shooter. Udonis is a hustle catch and shoot guy. Bosh led the league last season at 51% when posted up. His footwork is amazing and now they can feed a guy in the post.

Lebron is a regular season champ. Now he has a guy who knows what it means and what it takes to win the big one. Hustle and determination will make the team gel. The 3's will come and the fast breaks are going to be ridiculous. Wade and Chalmers were #2 and #4 in steals in 08-09. Went down a little in 09-10. James is only going to add to that.

Where will 'Melo land?

He will stay in Denver I think.

Can anyone out West challenge the Lakers?

Maybe the mavs. The nugs will be up there. Thunder coming up fast.

How many games will the Cavs win without Lebron?

im thinking maybe 8 in the east. between 35-40 games.

Turner? Wall? Cousins? Other? Who wins ROY?

I think Wall might. Just because its the wizards. Hes going to get his shots.

Will Greg Oden or Andrew Bynum play more than 60 games this year?

Bynum wont because he won't be back till atleast december. Oden, I think yes.

Will Iverson be picked up this season?

Yes, im thinking an actual contending team due to an injury.

Will Dwight Howard realize he's a beast and play like one?

He has and will. Hes athelticism is great. He doesn't have the right offensive skills to be the best ever. He won't win a ring either.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He was going through alot of things personally... the teams gave up on him because they didn't want to be in the middle of it.

PS- Bubba Chuck is my favorite basketball player, if adults are allowed to have those(y)

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Answering my questions again... have to update some more...

1. So far its not lookin' good in the M.I-Yayo... that bench is the Heat's cryptonite and them old guys from Boston... but deep down I know they'll be too tired to play with the Heat come playoff time... unless they start faking injuries to rest;)

2. He's going to New York. Standup thing he's doing by continuing to play hard in the early going. Later in the season may be a different story though.

3. The Hornets!! Nah just playing, so far I don't see anyone stopping them but maybe an injury will slow them down. If that entire team is healthy nobody is stopping the LakeShow!!

4. Look pretty decent so far, can't front. I think they'll win 35-40 games this year mainly because 90% of the East is weak and they have enough decent players to pull out their fair share of Ws.

5. John Wall. Like previously stated he has too much hype and so far has been living up to it. That sprained foot will slow him down but if Agent 0 helps him out a little more the kid may make a push for the All Star team, yeah I said it.

6. Doesn't matter right now because neither one will be factors for their teams. I can see at least one of them being moved at the trade deadline right now.

7. He has. Turkey! My favorite basketball player so I'm a little biased but I think if he does well and gives some NBA team some sad story a contender will give him a try. If not I hope he comes back to Philly to retire.

8. He's gettin' there but he's surrounded by 3pt gunners... Lewis, Nelson, Reddick, Carter, Pietrus... hell I think Gortat can pull from back there. Poor superman, at least he didn't have to put up with the great dominant big men of the 80 and 90s

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This just in... Portland's Greg Oden is done for the season (knee).... that kid career is over, sad to say it