Relativity

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by GoGators, Dec 7, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Relativity

Has anyone ever tested the speed of the players in the game versus real life?

A lot of people think that the speed of NCAA is slightly too fast. I know back in like `04 or something I set up a test with practice mode offense only and timed my running back take the direct snap and run 40 yards to the end zone. I believe in that game, as close to a straight line w/speed burst as I could get, the HB did it in like 3.8 seconds. I was wondering if that has ever been fixed.

I'm not sure if the players are too fast or if the field is too small. It would seem like something EA couldn't overlook, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Anybody have a couple minutes and a stop watch to check this out?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think the main two issues for me are..

Ball flight is too fast..
    Change of momentum is too fast..

the actual speed of players i think is probably close to real.. just should take them longer to reach top speed and changing direction should have more of a natural feel.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's the biggest issue to me, players being able to stop and turn 180 degrees and get to full speed instantly is the real issue, especially when someone on defense is good with their LB's or S's. I think there is less of an issue with it on offense than on defense. It's the biggest reason why play action passes are such an adventure in this years game, even if a defender bites on the run fake more often than not they turn around and still can keep up with receivers who should be running free.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think the biggest flaw with momentum is the D-line. On a QB read, a DL will completely bite on the fake to the HB only to whip around and smash the QB when he keeps it.

Really dumb.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I completely agree with this one. Especially with the zone read option such a huge part of the spread offense, this is a really stupid issue to have.

I seriously think one year EA may forget to put the ball in the game.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

LOL!!!!!!

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

hahahaha awesome

8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Can't put anything past them at this point.