Release Week Issues

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Guys, I will be out of town from 7/11 - 7/13, and on top of that I just found out that my wife's delivery date on our 3rd child is being moved up to 7/18 instead of 7/22. What this means is that if a good set of named rosters is available prior that first weekend we might be able to start then, but more likely we won't kick this off until closer to the end of the week after release (after my wife is home from the hospital).

Some things that you guys can help me with experimenting on (since I won't have the time to do it as I did last year):
    • Recruiting - how good does the CPU seem to be, should we use AA or Heisman recruiting difficulty (Heisman last year was a bit lame in that nearly all recruits were signed by week 8-9).
    • Coaching Carousel - How is the set up, can some have a user created coach while other use pre-determined coaches.
    • Gameplay issues - Are there any issues that aren't addressed in the rules that should be, are there new issues you notice that we need to add.
    • Game length - are 7 or 8 minute quarters still a good length?
    There are others I'm probably not thinking of, but any help you guys can provide is appreciated.

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The cd guys over at tgt are saying they're much impressed with default/close to default sliders. 5-10 pts is much more effective this year. Also kicking at 35-40 as 55 yarders are no longer auto.

Several cpu losses on AA from some good players for those that have the game early.

3. Dru50

Well, bit of a change in plans for me.

My wife went into labor today and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, so I'm no longer heading out of town next week. Good news is that I'll get to try the game out on 7/12 with everyone else. The bad news is that I'll be full time mr mom for a few weeks so my gametime will be limited.

• Like Like x 3
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Congrats Dru! Is this your first?

5. Dru50

Thanks PA, this is actually kid #3 for us, so at least I know what I'm in for.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Haha cool. Yeah knowing is half the battle. 2 here myself, both girls the oldest is 2 and a half.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Congrats Dru! Having a daughter is pretty cool so far!

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Key part of that sentence right there. Both to you recch and Dru50, what will be your parenting style when boys enter the picture? I always imagined myself cleaning my shotgun when the boy steps through my door. And congrats Dru!

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Congratulations brother! Get your shotgun ready.

• Like Like x 1
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im just enjoying the time now...i'll deal with the boys later - click-click :)

11. Dru50

Amen to that brother...

12. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Congrats Dru on #3.

I had my 4th last yr. even with all the kids the excitement is priceless

Dru50

13. Dru50

Appreciate the well wishes everyone, and I'm really looking forward to having my little girl running around the house causing mischief with her big brothers.

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Awesome stuff congrats big Dru! Really excited for you and that everything went well.

So this will be a great year to take advantage of your distractions! Got it! As if usc hasn't had enough! Lol