Relocation of the Rams

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cgreen214, Sep 22, 2015.

?

What city would you like to see this franchise move to?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2015.
  1. Mexico City

69.2%
  2. Brooklyn

30.8%
  3. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Charles Green, the owner of the Rams, has finally heard back from Roger Goodell and the league about his teams relocation. A list of around 18 possible locations were faxed over to Green. The list was a wide variety of places from all over the globe; each with its own pros and cons. Green has said he has one clear favorite, but will give the rest of the owners in the NFL to chime in and give their opinions. He wants to make a move that is right for the League as a whole. Green says he will take what the other owners say and it will weigh into his final decision, but he will not make a bad financial decision for his team just to appease the other owners. This is probably in reference to the desire of many to see the Rams in Cali. Green says he initially wanted to relocate to Cali, but the quality of the fan base would place him in an even worse position than he now resides in while here in St. Louis.

We asked the owner to give us his top 3 choices and here is the list:

• Brooklyn, New york
    [​IMG]

It was easy to see this was Green's first choice. He lit up as he enthusiastically talked about this city(If you dont care where the rams end up please vote for this because it is my first choice. If you do care please feel free to vote for whatever you desire.) "Moving a team to this wonderful city will be a huge upgrade for our franchise. The fans are a unique and extremely passionate group (Hardcore) that me and my team would welcome. Brooklyn is the most populous of New York's 5 boroughs (2,621,793 in 2014), so the market size will be huge for our organization. Gorgeous city and amazing fans! I dont see how we could go wrong with this one.

• Mexico City
    [​IMG]
    Here are some quotes from Green on this surprising choice. "There are a lot of reasons this could be a good fit. The market size extremely high and the fans are some of the most hardcore around. The only set back is can we break down that barrier of american football versus soccer. Will these fans embrace this version of "football". It is a risk, but if Mexico City can embrace the american version this could be the start of a great relationship between this organization and its fans.

• Chicago Illinois
    [​IMG]
    Chicago? Really, Why? "I prefer not to be a 2nd team in the same city as another successful franchise, but some advisors said that while this is a bold move it could be a successful move. They even stated that Chicago is the perfect city for a 2nd NFL team (madden said this). The fan interest in a new team is mediocre, but the market size and fans are definitely a pro."

Other Choices Provided by the Game

1. Sacramento, California
    2. Columbus Ohio
    3. Portland, Oregon
    4. Austin, Texas
    5. Houston, Texas
    6. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    7. London, England
    8. Toronto, Canada
    These were just a few of the other choices. Most missed the cut because they were bad options in all three categories (fan interest, market size, and personality)

Note: Poll will be open until 10am EST tomorrow

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I voted for Mexico city. NY already has 3 teams so I can't realistically see a 4th team doing financially well.

Mexico city has a large market and fits well location wise for the division.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Mexico City makes the most sense to keep them in the NFCW

• Like Like x 2
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Mexico City so my team can hit the bong when we come visit.....Will you be providing armed security?

6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Cheez and I have a deal. He will be providing all armed security at home games and as we smuggle, I mean travel, into the country for away games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Portland OR Sacramento would be cool too

8. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

No LA.... Boooo;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i voted mexico city because why would anybody want to go there?

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm voting for Brooklyn because that would actually only be a second team playing in NY. I know my geography, The Meadowlands don't count.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

It's an understanding based on trust. If you break the deal, I break everything and everyone important to you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Green Announces Team's New Home
    The stage was set, after weeks of waiting, for the announcement of where Charles Greens franchise would make its mark. Green was unable to attend the news conference because he was already air born and headed to the teams new location to make a public statement at the new home. The Rams general manager was accompanied by Coach Jeff Fisher and RB Todd Gurley.
    [​IMG]

The GM opened praising St. Louis and the fans , "This is a big day for our organization. We will miss this great city and its fans. We thank them for all of their support over the years and hope these fans continue to join us in cheering the team at its new location. He later explained how "this is a business and we had to make a financial decision to better improve our brand. Moving to a new location gives us that opportunity."

Jeff Fisher was the man chosen to announce the decision. "As you all know our franchise had narrowed the list down to 3 possible choices that were all made public. Our organization had a clear favorite, but was determined to make the right choice for our league as well as our franchise. Green polled the other owners from around the league to receive their opinion. The other owners made great points about competing in markets with already established teams as well is the best geographical location for the division as a whole. We would like to proudly announce Mexico City, Mexico as our future home."

Mexico City
    The big fear amongst most, about this decision, is how will the franchise compete with Soccer. They will face the same uphill battle that soccer faces in America as it competes with football. Fisher chimed in on the subject, "first off let me just say that the city is amazing. Its a great place. The fans are loyal and passionate about their city and their teams. We feel that we can come in and give them easier access to football which is increasing in popularity across the globe. Mexico City and its fans will now have their very on piece of the sport and a local team they can embrace. We look forward to their passion and can not wait to embrace their culture and become a part of it all at the same time. We don't want to compete with soccer, we want to be a part of the Mexico city culture along with it."

Gurly was asked how the transition will effect him and his teammates, "Its going to be different. I mean we just found out about it like a week ago. Its different. Its going to take some getting used to. Families will be moved, but its a business. Me and my teammates are happy to be playing a game we love and look forward to experiencing something new in Mexico City. Its bittersweet."

This decision is a bold move. It will have a lot of mixed reviews. Green has his work cut out for him and his franchise, but with success this could be a great decision.

Thanks to all who voted and chimed in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  13. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Hope the cartel doesn't kill off all your players :dead:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    We may need to keep task force in place to make sure there's no point shaving to settle debts.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I obtained video of Cgreen214 leaving Ed Jones Dome yesterday

d

• Funny Funny x 1