Relocation

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Sep 27, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So with conferences continue to fluctuate how do you guys feel about me reflecting those changes in the coming seasons? Texas A&M to the SEC etc...

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Texas AM would be tough, unbalancing the conference. Unless you've got inside info on which team(s) will be added to the SEC as well?

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Rumors in the south are it's basically the SEC waiting on Missouri. Either they come or they stay at 13. I'd imagine West Virginia is a possibility too, but I've only heard rumors about Mizzou.

I'm all for mixing stuff up a bit as long as it's within the realm of reality. Put Syracuse and Pitt in the ACC, A&M and Mizzou/WVU in the SEC. Not sure what to do with TCU now that the Big East is imploding. They're most likely to land in the Big 12 IMO.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I cannot remember who said this to me, but the big 12 isn't interested in TCU because they already have the Texas market with UT and the Texas market was a big reason to why TCU ended up in the big east even though geographically it makes no sense.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I think your right. Texas Tech is in the Big12 already too. I don't know what TCU would do though, thats a good question.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

From everything I gather, the Big East is dying because they turned down a TV deal and that is why Pitt and Syracuse darted for the ACC. It's all about the money.

This is going to kill the long basketball traditions of the big east. Can you imagine that there will be no more UConn vs Cuse in the big east CBB championship. shame.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Honestly I think that they should go PAC

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Here is what i think we oughta do if we going through with this (i'm debating for my dynasty with my friends)

ACC-
    Atlantic: Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse
    Coastal: Clemson, East Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Big XII-
    Baylor, Boise St, BYU, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech.

Big East-
    No longer in existance

Big Ten-
    Leaders: Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Louisvulle, Ohio St, Penn St, Purdue, Wisconsin
    Legends: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame

Conference USA-
    East: Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss, UAB, UCF, USF
    West: Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UTEP

MAC-
    East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent St, Miami (OH), Ohio, Temple
    West: Ball St, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan.

MWC-
    Colorado St, Fresno St, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV, Wyoming.

Pacific 12-
    South: Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah
    North: California, Oregon, Oregon St, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington St.

SEC-
    East: Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Kentucky, Miami (FL), South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
    West: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi St, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, TCU

Sun Belt-
    Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee State, Troy, Western Kentucky

WAC-
    Idaho, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, North Texas, San Jose State, Utah State.

Independents-
    Air Force, Army, Navy

This is pretty rough but it's what i think would make the most sense Geographically and competitively.

EDIT: Just and FYI this took me an hour =[

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Boooooo!!! The Big East tourney is the best!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

this would be taking it to the extreme though, we are only talking the realistic changes that we know of right now

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I couldn't have said it better

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

There is rumors UConn and Rutgers are leaving. That would spell an untimely death to the Big East because TCU would probably book it to another conference. Then the first domino of Super Conferences has fallen.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If Jim Calhoun gets his way there'll be UConn vs the Orange in the ACC.

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

If there ends up being super conferences, that will be the beginning step to seeing a college football playoff

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

• The ACC schools don't want UConn.
    • The Pac12 has already said they're not taking the Texas and OK schools.
    • I've heard nothing about ECU going to the ACC.
    • I've heard nothing about BSU to the Big12. BYU is much more likely.
    • We can't remove the Big East. They have to have at least 4 teams.
    • You made up all of those B1G additions except for ND who's much more likely to go to the ACC.
    • The SEC is struggling to find a 14th team (Missouri will likely stay now that the TX/OK schools aren't fleeing, WVU isn't a great addition and Florida wouldn't allow FSU to join) let alone 16 teams.
    EDIT: It took me 5 minutes to blow this apart. :D

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think ND would be more likely to go B1G rather than ACC. If Pitt wasn't leaving the Big East I would see them going there, but not now. But we all know ND will never join a conference unless there is a playoff system.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha you dick

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha you dick

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

1) ACC doesn't? I heard rumors they were heading over with Rutgers
    2) They said they weren't expanding NOW. They will have to eventually.
    3) I had to make it so they were 16.
    4) BSU would wanna go to a power conference. Big 12 needs a big power to hold the conference up. That way both parties win
    5) Like the game makes it that way? Gay. We'll throw Navy and Army there!
    6) ND Geographically makes sense. ACC not so much.
    7) Again. I think they'll have to make these moves once the super conferences come up

Edit to your Edit: You're an ass. Broke my heart and I'll see you in 3 weeks ya ass!

THAT"S WHAT I SAID!

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You should know by now that Jello is that crabby old man who yells at kids when they step on his lawn.

When I was growing up, a friend of mine had an old lady who was the worst. She would call the cops on us for hanging out on his porch at night and for going on into her lawn to get our football when it would go over the fence. Well we got fed up and spent all of our money on chlorine gallons and dumped them all over her lawn killing the grass. She did call the cops on us and tried to place the blame on us, and rightfully so, but with no actual evidence the cops couldn't do shit and we were 14 years old.

• Like Like x 1
  21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

TONIGHT WE FUCK UP JELLO'S YARD!

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

UofCWildcat no its, "That's what she said!".....lol

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

believe it or not, i was a pretty bad kid. I'm lucky I didn't get into more trouble than I did.

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

JCspartan2 here is what I did in my Offline Dynasty. I moved TCU to the big east. Then I moved A&M into the SEC west and West Virginia into the east. Then I moved UCF and ECU into the Big East and balanced out the CUSA. Then I moved pitt and Syracuse into the acc. To me that made the most sense at the moment. I don't think WV is going to be staying in the big east, they seem like they will be SEC bound.

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I agree, but I heard that West Virginia was denied by the SEC.