Remainder Of the Offseason...What to do?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 19, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

gowazzucougs
    Darr27z
    Cheez
    Jags218
    aarondramp
    dakota7
    sreese
    mboda
    MexiRican35
    whygodwhy1111
    Connor

What do you guys want to do? I can run the rest of the offseason tonight or tomorrow night, starting a little after 8pm PST, pending when my kids get in bed (this varies night to night but its usually no later than 8pm PST) Or, just do 12 hour advances from here on out. Please let me know ASAP what you would like to do.

I apologize for the lack of a schedule this weekend. In Laws were in town, many beers were consumed by myself on Saturday and I kind of passed the buck to others. So, im sorry, we should have already knocked this out but it just meant to be this weekend for me.

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Those many beers were due to the Horns taking it to the Bruins, right? Haha :)

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm good with tonight or tomorrow night.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No the beers were planned, the ass kicking by Texas was not :)

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have a feeling Dakota would want to do tonight, because I have a feeling tomorrow he is working.

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

im good for tonight or tomorrow.

7. MexiRican35

Trust me, I didnt plan it either. Never know what this team is gonna do this year

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

consider me on AP

9. aarondramp

I just checked out the new prestige levels, and here they are:

USF - :3stars:
    Tulane - :3stars:
    Kent St. - :3stars:
    Western Michigan - :3stars:
    Memphis - :3stars:
    UCLA - :2stars:
    Central Michigan - :2stars:
    MTSU - :2stars:
    Rice - :1stars:
    UAB - :1stars:
    San Jose St - :1stars: (lulz)
    Washington St. - :1stars:

Congrats to Cheez - who is now at a 2*. recchem2000 is now the only coach that has not elevated their school prestige.

• Like Like x 1
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks for the reminder :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You are correct, but I only have position changes to complete so whatever you guys want to do is cool with me. I can forward my info for my changes if need be.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Can you get into the OD yet? I know cougs texted me saying you couldnt get in. Did that get resolved?

13. gowazzucougs

recchem2000

what do you have to do to for SJSU to get to a 2 star prestige program? You win five games the first year, and the second year you take them to a bowl game. While over in AM, WSU wins four games and is bumped to a three star program. Do you hate this game?

14. MexiRican35

Got work til 11. If someone texts me I can send them my gt info. I only need about 3 guys recruited for me.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I thought I might have had them there with the bowl bid...I guess not. Hoping for a new job next year. Im still rated a D+ though so I doubt anybody wants me.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I still have your info...pm it to me again just in case and I can do it for you.

17. Jags218

Jags218 Walk On

I'm down to do this whenever.

18. gowazzucougs

Maybe coaching at SJSU is broken, no matter what you do you can't rise above the garbage, and you can't tell me that is not a possibility. The other explanation is that SJSU starts so low in prestige that it takes forever just to make a dent.

19. dakota7

Just because somethings are broken in this game doesn't mean everything is.:rolleyes:

20. gowazzucougs

Not everyone's pipelines work, I can't go into practice mode and figure out how far my field goal kicker can kick a field goal, but there can't be any problems in determining what a coach's prestige should be, really? recchem2000 has done a lot with that program. SJSU should be a star program, and his prestige should probably be a C.

21. aarondramp

But SJSU plays in a terrible conference. Yes, they should be a 2* program by now especially since they beat Stanford. However, some of the losses were to teams that aren't well regarded (UL Monroe, Army, Nevada, Arkansas State, Hawaii, and Idaho). I think a large part of it is beating teams that are ranked higher and not losing to bad teams.

22. gowazzucougs

Idaho is now a 3 star program, and if I stayed there would be a four star program after this season.

23. aarondramp

When he lost to them, they were two stars.

24. dakota7

Its hard to type out sarcasm, but I thought :rolleyes: would tip you off. I was just joking, there are a ton of flaws with this game.....agreed. However......

I recognize there are some frustrated people in this league, but I don't think the CC has been given its appropriate chance to work. Did you guys really expect to be coaching at LSU or Alabama by the start of season 3? It shouldn't be that easy and I honestly don't want it that easy. In real life, did Bama go out and hire a coach who won 1 WAC conference championship? No, they've hired some pretty successfull coaches of late......coaches who came from other big time programs....Dennis Franchione, Mike Price....mother fucken Nick Saban. None of us have those resumes. To me, the biggest problem with the CC is the huge time suck.....I wish we could turn off coordinator jobs, having to sit there and turn them all down is a pain in the ass. Like a lot of the problems with this game, it makes me think they didn't actually run thru a complete CC with 12 guys back in March to make sure it worked.

25. aarondramp

Yeah my biggest complaint would be that there should be an option to turn off coordinator jobs. That would significantly speed it up.