Reminder: Recaps are 100% REQUIRED

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have not been very strict on people writing recaps with the holidays and everything - heck even I fell behind there.

Remember - even for CPU games, if you win, a recap is required.

However, some of you have failed to write even a single recap this season. You know who you are. If you are only in this league to play your games and then peace out - gtfo now and stop wasting my time. We're trying to create a fun community here, if you want to just play and forget about everything then you should be playing lobby games. The only way we can create a fun atmosphere is if everyone participates. I may be cutting people some slack nowadays but trust me, when 12 drops, I'm going to be 1000% worse when it comes to these. If we get a good group now, we're going to hit the ground running when 12 comes out. You're not going to be part of that group if you're not writing your recaps.

I'm not asking for a lot. A paragraph about your game isn't a death sentence. Some stats would be nice too. I know Rush and myself as well as others at least try to create lengthy, interesting, entertaining recaps. I read the recaps while drinking my morning coffee, know what I mean? Its like taking a spin around the league, seeing how people are doing. Its meant to be fun - we need everyone participating.

Even if you want to write simple ones for CPU games and complex ones for PvP games - I really don't care. Just start writing them. Every time you win, you write a recap, period. If you want to look at a good example of a solid recap, checkout mine or Rush's.

Do I need to write a tutorial to show you guys how to easily take screenshots and post them on the forum? I didn't think I needed to do that but if people are interested and just need to know how, I will.

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Please do.

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

u know what, i really don't know how to get Madden screenshots, that's why I google real pictures.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Plus i would really like to hear what my opponent felt about our games when I lose, as the loser in those cases I get no feedback when the winner doesn't post his recap. So there is no place to reply and publicly say gg, you are gay, or any of hte positive feedback that losers post. I mean seriously. so @bringbackjimmy post the damn recap dude. ;)

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i'll do it tonight...

6. ChickenOfTheSea

Ha! Finally! You are the man.

7. Keller

I've now decided to notify offending owners of their lack of recaps. This is as much for my reference as it is for yours. If you'd like to dispute something, feel free. Otherwise, I'll be watching.

This group either has no recaps, is missing a large majority or stopped somewhere halfway through the season. I will be watching this group closely through the playoffs and through the early part of next season.

@yankeery25
    @score23
    @Subkontraktor
    @Taken
    @stryder24
    @bringbackjimmy
    @Capparelli
    @JoHud
    @Betz

That pretty much leaves this group whos actually doing their recaps regularly or missed very few.
    myself
    @rushers24
    @capp34
    @kdpnutter
    @TEClemson53
    @sibellius
    @areedr811
    @CWT 3000

Excused - either work related, new or notified me ahead of time.
    @Seachicken3
    @NateDawg
    @warren123
    @ZCar352
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I guess after seeing this list I'd like to ask you guys how you feel. It seems as if no one really cares. In NCAA, the only leagues that survive and go anywhere long term are ones that have recaps posted every week. Everyone MUST remain involved and have a vested interest in the league. By not writing recaps, we become just an average league. We become a haven where people swoop in and drop out at a blistering pace and the league folds.

I get that life is busy and some of you are husbands and fathers but I'm not asking for a whole lot given what I am putting into this league. I have been writing weekly columns to spur interest and keep people up to date - I run all of the salary cap sheets for you (i didn't do this in the past for those of you that don't know) - I'm now running a podcast - what more can I do?

I'm asking you guys - are the recaps really that much of a burden? Would you really rather play in a no content league? I can stop doing updates and stop doing mvp race stuff and stop the podcast etc etc and we can just run a barebones nothing league if thats what you guys want. I thought we all agreed to play in the ridiculous SALARY CAP simulation league because we wanted things to be more involved. We do a lot of work, not just me but WE, just to keep the rosters up to date etc etc. If we're doing all that, are we really going to bother with all that just to run a bare bones no content league?

8. ChickenOfTheSea

IMO only benching starters will change this. And by benching, I mean you log in and start your game and find out that Keller has cut Chris Johnson and replaced him with a 59 rated scrub filler. you play without your horses. I bet we would start getting recaps then.

Its a matter of minutes guys, it doesn't have to be a book.

9. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I think I missed one game over the holidays vs the CPU. If I lose PVP game I fully expect my opponent to post the recap.

10. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I mighta missed one early because I have 4 wins, two Ive posted...one was a sim win and I dont remember the other one.

11. Keller

Did you lose 5 straight games after week 10 to week 16?

12. Keller

Understood.

13. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Something like that. 3 PVP and 1 vs the CPU I didn't get a chance to include. But no need to be an ass about it. :)

14. Keller

Lol - really? I was just joking saying that you missed those recaps. To each his own.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I like the recaps, especially after the PvP games, even the computer games I still like doing recaps and having them involved, the last few weeks I have worked a lot with Army stuff and had to do smaller ones, but I do really like doing the recaps and think we need to keep them.

16. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

My last recaps will be done before advance I didnt really feel like looking at a computer this weekend.

17. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

I only posted recaps on PVP games that I won, I thought that was the rule. I like doing the recaps, and will in the future post them after every win. regardless of PVP or CPU my bad.

Oh and Mr Kettle, uhhh I mean Keller... you were like 5 days late in posting our recap. So go jump in a lake :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Keller

I never require people to post them immediately after - just as long as they post them.

19. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Go Oakland!!!!!

20. Taken

Taken Walk On

I love the recaps and i think its so neat you guys doing the podcast. Sorry I have missed I think two recaps, granted I havent had that many wins. I will try my best to get more involved with the recaps and everything next season coming up. But keller and rush and whoever does the mvp of the week and the podcast keep it up, doing all these things ( podcast, recaps ect ) keeps this league entertaining and fun to play in!

@Keller

21. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Oakland recap - They have no GD quarter back !!! arrrggggg!

22. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

@Keller

You have me in the group that missed most of the recaps, yet I think I only missed 2, possibly 3. Out of those I did miss 1 user game, and on that one I actually wrote something up, lost it, and gave up on it out of frustration.

Edit:

I did look back and couldn't find one of mine. Weeks 12-16 I lost 3 of 5 and those are the 2 recaps I missed. The PvP I mentioned, and a computer win against the Raiders that I didn't really want to play against computer. Maybe you filed me into the "quit halfway through" category, I understand.

But do note, that I enjoy recaps, and aside from the slide at the end of the year, I'll be posting them and want to stay a part of the league.

23. Keller

@Subkontraktor - its not a death warrant or anything being in the "bad group." I just noticed you were missing more than some of the other guys - I know you're committed and will do your recaps to the best of your ability - thats all I really ask.

When people are missing all but like 2 recaps though, thats when the commish warms up the trusty ban hammer.

24. ChickenOfTheSea