Replacement commish possibilities?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Who among you is interested in being a replacement commish? I think I'm gonna need to step aside, we have another player to replace and I have neither the time, patience, energy, or whateverthefuckelseyou'dneed to want to do it.

So just start thinking about if you'd want to... If you'd have the resources time wise to commit to it, etc.

Please don't come off half-cocked and say you'd wanna do it, if you're busy with other things in life.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    You're leaving the dynasty altogether?

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't plan to leave. It would just be one person the commish would need to find a replacement for.

Parrothead contacted me and said that he isn't happy with the way he is taking the game too seriously and not having fun. He said that Mo played him perfectly straight and won fair and square but that he just isn't having fun and he's not happy with the way he is reacting to the game while he's playing it (broken controllers).

My personal opinion and this is just me speaking but I am unhappy with the route we are headed as a league with the trash talk and general attitude we have about our "video gaming abilities." (maybe taking it a bit too seriously). I'd like to see a little better sportsmanship and less trash talk and "look at me how good I am" type shit if possible. That might result in less anger.

But that will be a job for the new commish if we have one. If nobody is willing to step up or I'm not sure the person is committed/long term and may not do a good job, I will not let the league down.

On my behalf, I am just not willing to dig for a replacement right now. Not even remotely willing.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Gotcha, that's unfortunate

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Geez really ain't think it was serious. I do trash talk to get under people's skins but it all in fun (especially if you know me).

But if it's that serious I won't be that way anymore but that's what I thought we came here for. To have fun and talk a little trash.

I break controllers all the time and not even in this league lol. It's whatever but I will surely tone it down.

I'd step up to be commish but no one has wanted me to lead the pack of anything.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well I didn't mean to single you out I mean Parrot is one of the best trash talkers out there, lol... It is just a general feeling I am getting. Do we take pleasure in the competition and the fun of it, or are we only taking pleasure in beating another person down, I just wanna keep sure we keep things in perspective.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Damn, it's slim pickings out there too

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Both for me. It prides me nothing more than to beat JMS but that's because he usually gets the better teams and I usually have an inferior team to him. Not to mention we play every single season. But of course I love the competition and fun. It's why I'm involved here as much as I am. It would suck if it goes down this road because part of me and my game is sometimes I talk a little crap (and it's really only to one person )

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Maybe I'm off the mark with it... I dunno.

I might have jumped the gun on not being commish either... probably just need a few days. But we don't have a few days lol.

I'd like to offer the Ohio State position to somebody here before handing it to somebody new.... Anybody wanting it?

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

The list of possible replacements is damn near a figment of one's imagination. Leave miss st for Ohio st....?

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Let twist have it.

I'd agree with your premise if guys were actually playing as if they can't lose meaning bending the rules here or there but I haven't heard a peep in the past two seasons with this group. Ask ghost if he wants in. Not sure if he's premier but he'd be great here unless there is some more outsiders we can look at.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I want to win b/c I feel like I have the team to do it.....that is why I am a bit frustrated. The fact is that we have some really really good players in this league and the same 3-4 win which is kind of unfortunate. I do think we need to enjoy this more than think only about winning. It isn't that important but with the nature that NCAA is that one loss can destroy your goal of a Title and that can bring on some rage for some people.

I still really enjoy getting new players and seeing who is going to be the next special player. Playing users is still fun but losing to Nebraska is starting to chap my ass. I have no one to blame but myself as all the games are very close besides a 1-2 bad ones. I don't feel the league is going in a bad direction though. Most seem pretty excited about participating.

Commissh job..........I would love to take over but I just don't have the free time during the day or night anymore. I could be strong one week and disappear the next so I cant commit. IMO Hellisan is doing the best job I have seen since being here at Tradition.

13. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Because this game is so frustrating

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am happy where I am at. Can't believe I am saying being an Illinois fan.

Hellisan you are doing a fine job. Even though Mo has stomped me each time i do enjoy talking with him about the game after.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I feel the same way.

I get mad when I lose, but user games are fun and one of the redeeming qualities of this game is that there is always next season...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You do have the team to do it, I just been getting the best of you lately...this kinda reminds me of when I came in and I just beatdown ramirez..then the next few times I had mind games on him and he couldn't beat me...then he got to me...I believe we was split after that the 1-2 times we played afterwards.

But that's what happens when you get the best players and stack the talent...you expect to win a title. But then there's executing on that field, diversifying your playcalls and etc. Especially you JMS...with your talent you should be getting the upper hand on me but being that I 1- know 75% of the time what side you run best to, what routes you like to run etc, I have a good beat on you. Even with parrot last night, he fell into a habit of forcing it down the middle of the field to his TE/slot WR...I just knew what he wanted to do...

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

So is Hellisan staying in the league? I hope your not made about my write up and all that :/

I'm having fun with it personally, but that's just me. This was alot of fun for me last season.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh I'm not going anywhere at all Brian. Earlier today I was just so frustrated at the prospect of another replacement person search that I just didn't want to head that up. But I think I've settled down, in fact I've already put some time into finding a replacement today.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

what about ghost the 5-9? He loves you guys :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think people know your reputation for being a good player or whatever and you are the most successful T1 player etc... and maybe there is a little bit of an intimidation factor.

Which totally wouldn't be the case if they knew you "liked" Applebees on facebook.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Mo has some serious stick skills

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He's good and lucky. I love playing him though. :D

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I did too in my time here with you guys last year. My only win against him though was a lot of luck that was on my side. It was just one of those games where the game decides no matter how good you play, that you are going to lose.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

kik