Replacing Talent

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Keller, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Replacing Talent

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but does anyone think it could be difficult replacing your teams talent level given the amount of talent available in recruiting?

Now I haven't been playing with Ohio State or anyone like that, but even with Western Kentucky it seems that replacement level talent just isn't readily available. 1* guys come in rated like... 45 overall. 2* guys between 50-60. I was able to pull a couple 3* guys and 1 came in as a 70ovr... pretty happy about that.

I was just curious what you guys thought so far with recruiting. Has anyone played multiple seasons with a good school and been able to replace talent?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Guys come in lower this year but progress higher. The point of all of this was to ensure there are not tons of great players

3. Keller

I have not really seen progression numbers that really jump out at me. Most guys progress 3 or 4 ovr points in my 2 seasons thus far. It could be that they are crappy players to begin with so their "potential" isn't as high, but still.

I was just curious what other peoples experience was thus far.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I for one am glad impact freshman should be rare.

5. Keller

Well for WKU I NEED impact freshman, lol.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone needs impact freshman...the truth is that is one reason it is hard to turn a program around fast...they are rare talents that usually play at the big boy schools.

7. Keller

Still though, with guys only progressing 3 or 4 points a year, I don't see how you're supposed to replace the talent level you have.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's kind of Shaun's point (at least he's made it before). You shouldn't be able to take a WKU and get to a BCS bowl in 4 seasons. You gotta win with the talent you have first and then you may start landing some better recruitings and building your program. It's an extremely uphill climb and should be a challenge w/a school like that. Good luck Hilltopper!

9. Keller

Well the thread was more targeted at getting peoples opinions in general... not just WKU. Oh well.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

pulling together some info now and will post tomorrow. basically took a handful of teams from the Pac 10, simmed 5 years and followed the first draft classes progression.

The most I've seen a guy jump in one year so far is 6 points - so there doesn't seem to be any 8 point jumps in OVR like in years past.

The average yearly jump is just under 3 OVR points a season.