Replay accidentally shows shitty man-to-man code

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 8, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Replay accidentally shows shitty man-to-man code

So I grabbed this replay completely by accident. I was looking for it to show the nice punch fumble the DB does and not what i'm going to write about ...

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0025ae8057ae_166E7_6A4F56BA&dynid=91879&sku=662A0001&sid=1&wknum=7

It should be the third replay in the group, the one with the Fumble. This is an interactive thread so please go and watch ... i'll be waiting.

I was looking at the same replay last night and was amazed at how shitty the man-to-man code is for this game. if you watch my corner he back pedals, turns to run with the receiver.

at this point the receiver makes a hard cut into the middle of the field. in real life he would have had a nice little cushion as it would have taken a split second for the corner to react to the route, changed his body position and ran with him.

not in this game though. my DB Carrington turns his shoulders damn near the same time as the receiver. If they aren't 100 percent in sync they're off by milliseconds - as if my corner is some kind of jedi using the force to figure out what pattern the receiver is going to run (you WILL tell me your pattern).

Now i might by the above video if that corner was, say, Revis of the Jets, or some other All-World, put me on an island corner. But this guy is number four on my depth chart, and while he's got some impressive physical skills he's a 71 overall, with 44 awareness and 83 M2M.

IMO this is the kind of shit EA has to quit doing. I realize "its hard" but this is just a lazy shortcut - and probably part of the reason a) M2M is so effective this year b) you have balls of steel if you throw out patterns with any regularity.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol.

Yeah that should have been at least a few more yards for the CPU...if the defender isn't looking how is he to know that his guy just made a cut inside?

3. BlyGilmore

especially a borderline retarded redshirt freshman.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Congratulations on hitting on the basis for my slider analyses arguments early on. lol

5. BlyGilmore

sliders can't fix shitty code.

btw any thoughts on what we'll be doing when the patch drops? PS3 folks (granted at OS so we'll have to see it first) are complaining about the CPU QB becoming super human and also the running game vastly improved.

Those two changes with our current slider set don't sound good.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Love it!

Terrible DB code...when a DB back pedals he is taught when the cushion is gone to get out of your back pedal turn (open) your hips and run with the WR.

The problem here is he turns and completely turns his back to the WR and is running blind towards the endzone. He should have his eyes on the WR and then look for the ball when its on the way.

I would imagine its very hard to write good code for M2M coverage, but I agree that is silly.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah Hellisan pointed this out like the first week on NCAA.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

....and if you turn down the pass coverage to 35 or 40 you see some pretty realistic results.. They still do the same animations but they wait a bit first.

But obviously if you do that... Then it's way too easy because the QB's are programmed to throw into tight spaces no matter their rating. So you gotta turn that WAY down. That's when people flipped out, since all the sliders are apparently supposed to go in the same direction...
    [​IMG]