Report Cards

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Report Cards

Guys, wanted to give you a head up on something I am working on. Wanted to post it last night, but I want to get a better system down, so I am going to take my time with it and make it legit, probably be up and running next week.

I am working on an excel spraedsheet with formulas and codes to give me ratings for everyone's performance. What this will do is give the Evo Committee an accurate gauge of what to offer you guys come the end of your contract term. What I HOPE to be able to do is have it rate your wins and losses as well as your stats. I don't want it to take every win or loss against any team and judge it the same, I want to be able to give you better ratings for the bigger teams and not as big teams get lesser ratings. I also need to figure out something to base it off of. I can't just have you guys averaging say 200 points (as an example) and for those to be able to tell if that is good or not. This isn't something that is designed so you guys become more cheesy then you already are ;) It's something to help us gauge you.

So, get ready to start bringing your report cards home to Mommy and hope she tapes it up on the fridge, because your job is on the line this season.

2. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

sounds good, one ?? would rating Conference games be easier for u, since alot of our Conference games will be 1-3 star teams?. the only time we'll see BIG games is at the start of the season and at the end.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well here is what my "goal" is. I wanna get something put together that I can plug in and rate opponents. May be as easy as adding points for their prestige levels (*=1 PT, **=2 PTs and so on). Will also be looking for a way to give more credit for conference games, maybe adding half a point and bowl games. It's real complex and that is why it'll take me some time. Right now I punched in 4 games into the system I have which is basically add and subtract...and the difference is phenominal. It probably will be though, but I want to get the numbers down on a 1-10 scale or under 100 and give actual GRADES. So I wanna give it a few weeks so I can start taking averages and see what happens.

4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Cool, can't wait to see it.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Anyone have a ranking of conferences? IE (SEC is #1, Big10 #2...)

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

SEC is 1
    Big10 is 2A
    Pac10 is 2B
    Big12 is 3
    ACC is 4
    BigEast is 5
    MWC is 6
    WAC is 7
    C-USA is 8
    SunBelt is 9

Anything I am missing? This is going off of memory of letter grades given to teams in recruiting based off of their conferences.

Mike

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I guess the MAC is 10 since they didnt get listed at all...

Independents would need some special listing I think.

8. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

this looks cool...like the idea..i agree with H22's assessment of the conferences

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The MAC would be between C-USA and the SunBelt. I knew I was forgetting something.

10. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

that is a good spot, your list looks good H22

11. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

cim i have a few questions about your set up. get back to me asap.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'll be on later today and tonight.