Report: Mizzou To Big Ten "A Done Deal"

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by tuco418, Apr 29, 2010.

1. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Report: Mizzou To Big Ten "A Done Deal"

Looks like Missouri is the first to go

ESPN is reporting that long-swirling rumors about Missouri joining the Big Ten Conference are coming true, although these reports are still unconfirmed.

ESPN senior college sports writer Bruce Feldman says he spoke with the athletic director at a PAC-10 university saying that Missouri to the Big Ten was "a done deal."

There isn't any other official confirmation of this report, on ESPN's website or elsewhere.

Missouri has been named before among schools such as Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Rutgers as candidates on the short list to join the Big Ten.

link:
    http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/497fb659-80ce-0971-0049-9e14f03a4b0e[/URL]

2. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

I don't like these super conference discussions. I think any more than 12 for football is bad. It looks like the Big 10 is aiming for 16! Missouri and Nebraska from the Big12, Pitt, Syracuse and Rutgers from the Big East. I don't know how you schedule a 16 team football conference. The Big East will be finished and the leftovers will be wooed to the ACC as the SEC will start picking up VT, Miami, FSU and Boston College. The Big 12 will be scrambling to fill in the gaps as well.

It may become the Big 10 and SEC and everyone else gets bumped down.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Big 12 could add a few teams... TCU of course comes to mind, Houston, and many other MWC teams could be in discussion if the Big 12 has holes to fill

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The SEC has already said that they will do whatever it takes to remain successful. So if the Big Ten becomes the Big Sixteen, then SEC will likely follow suit and grab 4 additional teams of their own..

The Big 12 is likely to be raided by both the Pac 10 and SEC if this does happen..

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

as a SEC fan we will happily take FSU, the "U", Clemson, and Tar Heels

6. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

I wonder if the PAC 10 and Big 12 would consider merging together if the Big 12 loses a couple teams? If the Big 12 loses Nebraska (and Missouri) that would really hurt. They still have Texas and Oklahoma but that would hurt big time.

All this super conference talk is insane. I don't know how it will shake out but I don't see this as good for the fans at all. Who knows though? Maybe having bigger conferences would result in finding a national champion easier.

7. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

TCU and University of Houston are the 2 schools I wouldn't get upset about joining the Big 12. Get Iowa St. out of there.