Reset coaching tree skills

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LSUTRUTH, Jul 2, 2013.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Hey guys I know some other LGs are having this very discussion and that is the ability to reset your coaching tree skills each offseason.

My personal opinion is to not allow this. While skills should be built I shouldnt be able to add these points then take all of them off and build a single or multiple elite skills in the offseason. The lower tiered skills cost less. When I spent my skill points be coming versatile. It adds more strategy to skill building.

Figured I would bring this up to continue conversation.

Roggie
    HarkTheSound

2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I might change my opinion later but as of now we're not going to allow resetting of coaching trees. You're stuck with what you buy. I feel it's super unrealistic to be able to reset everything every offseason.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

It's really hard to judge and come to conclusions on stuff before the game is even out. lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

True, but we know the general premise of what it's going to be...that's why I said my first thought is to keep people from resetting everything every year but that could change once I have my hands on the game and check it out (not likely though :)).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Resetting trees just sounds stupid to me. Coaches can't just flip their skills because they feel like it. You are what you are.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I agree. I understand why we would want to ban the resetting of coach skills, but, like with other aspects of the dynasty, I think we should definitely wait until the game comes out to make a final decision.

7. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

As of now I say No to changing skills at the end of each season. When the game comes out I may change my decision, but like HarkTheSound it is highly unlikely. Form your coach identity and stick with it. Roggie said it best "you are what you are".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Logan and I looked at the trees, simmed one season, and both agreed without even having a discussion.

No way in hell are we resetting coaching trees.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Good call

10. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I'll post this here since this is the start of an "issues thread", I guess. This is an excerpt from Pasta's initial review of the game:

Some issues spotted in early play include safeties stopping their drop back and coming forward when they shouldn’t – allowing for deep routes to be wide open. This seems to occur primarily when multiple receivers are going deep (hail mary and four verticals as examples).

I know that long routes were such an issue last year that we banned them from user play and also said we'd monitor box scores to make sure they weren't being abused when playing the CPU. I've played a handful of games on the Demo and can attest to the absurd effectiveness of 4-wide/5-wide/Hail Mary and think it's something we should address again this year.

In every game on the demo I've gotten down and was able to come back and win it just by using one of those sets and abusing the stupid Safety IQ. This was even possible using Va Tech against Bama's defense. What do you guys think Roggie HarkTheSound?

11. LSUTRUTH

Big I havent noticed this. I have played more than a few games. Of course I have been very option based but I havent noticed this to much when trying to throw it down the field.

Pass coverage in general isnt very good. Seems to be alot of holes

12. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've ran four verticals a couple times in this game and it's money every time, just like '13 was. Of course, this is especially true on the route where the TE turns slightly to the middle of the field.

I'm even playing using sliders that have pass D at 100 for both teams.

13. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

As always, 4 verts/Hail Mary etc. are banned again this year. That's not going to change. Those plays have always been overpowered against the CPU and looks like this year is no different, unfortunately.

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I honestly have not ran a play yet this year that involves more than one player going deep. But I have no issue with banning it.

15. LSUTRUTH

I dont see that rule. I know im new. But I dont get how 4 verts is banned? It is a staple of Shaun Masons offense. Personally as long as it is not abused I dont think it is an issue. Again Im a newby and have a spotty record so feel free to tell me to STFU

16. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It was so money last year that you could easily get 40 yards every single time it was ran.

17. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I'm a guy that believes strongly that if a play is not being abused, you shouldn't ban it. In the demo, there was definitely something up with 4 verts. But in the early release, I've tried it a couple of times and have not seen the same result. Taking out a complete play is crazy IMO. That eliminates any last chance effort for the end of the game with 5 seconds left and out of fg range and down by 3 or 7. I am against this whole heartedly but I will go along with whatever you guys want. My 2 cents

18. LSUTRUTH

It is not that effective this year. Again If a guy uses the play 1-3 times a game that isnt cheese unless it is all on 3rd down

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I feel like if someone has to have to rely on 4 verts to get a first down, then they're using their playbook like they should. There are sooooo many other plays to use besides 4 verts, which is known to abuse CPU safety play for many years now.

20. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Wasn't 4verts and the like allowed in certain situations? Down 10+ in the 4th Qtr, down 4+ with 1 min or less, etc...

21. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Its pretty much only allowed as an end of half/game play.