Resignation and final predictions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hoppedupford, Jan 3, 2012.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I am posting my offical regsination from the league. I don't want to leave on a sour note because I may want to return for 13. 1 game may not seem like alot but when you are trying to be the #1 seed in a very tough nfc 1 game makes a big difference. It took alot of work and game planning to get the record that I had. Like I have stated before I may have not won that game and if he would have beat me than I would be fine with it, because that means i was out played. I do not like getting free wins and especialy hate giving away free wins. I am having trouble getting into the game now because I can not acheive some of the goals I set for myself. That being said I would like to post my final predictions for the season.

I will start with the afc championship game.
    I think you will see the Texans vs Jets In a match up of the Texans high power offence against The Jets very underrated defense. I think that the Jets Will pull this game out in a close low scoring game.

In the nfc I think it will come down to the Saints and Falcons. I am looking for the Saints to come back stong and make a statement the last few weeks of the season. kind of the opposite of how last season went for them. I do think that the falcons will still take the confrence and will be the superbowl champs once again.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

You are currently sitting at the #1 wildcard spot for the NFC at 9-3, you still control your own destiny from here on out. Losing your game in a sim loss sucks, but I didn't take you for the "I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of guy. Weak. Oh well, I'm currently tied with the Cardinals for the 2nd wildcard spot, this will make it that much easier. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I usually don't like this kind of behavior either, but lets not jump the gun. He's made it clear that he's got a wife, kids, and a lot going on. Perhaps it was a combination of time constraints and feeling a bit disrespected? I don't blame Keller at ALL for advancing when he did, but its safe to say we all would a bit sour about it. Take care hoppedupford.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

True, I'm just trying to egg him on so he'll stay, haha.

6. I Peench

I like the aggressiveness haha

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lame. I would have kicked all of your asses but Calvin and Perkins are both out, went from best offense to last, and IM NOT quittin.

I will easily drop to 3rd or 4th seed

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

lame

• Like Like x 3
  9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

You will be missed hop your posts kept me entertained.

10. I Peench

...still willing to take over this Giants team after the season :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

You have to look at it from my side. I come into the game with a 9-1 Record with 4 of my next 6 hard games. 49ers, Jets, Cowboys, Saints. I was suprised I was sitting with a 9-1 record at this part of the season. So now I am thinking I might be able finish with a 2 seed if I can win those games. That way I could hopefully avoid playing the Falcons in a divisional game. I got ousted from him in the wildcard game last season. But after getting the loss to the 49ers it did not matter anymore. All my momentum has been lost. Bradshaw injured again after just comming back from injury. I Don't blame anyone but it should have been taken into consideration the importance of the game for the both of us. I also think it would have been better for the league if this game would have got played. It could have been a statement game to the other teams in the nfc. Use that game to strike fear in the other teams for him or me. I am not going to post all the reasons why I needed a extention but it was Mainly because of the Hollidays. I just can't get excited about the games now. As Herman Edwards would tell you. You play to win the game.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

And you still have chance to make noise in the playoffs Scot. I understand the frustrations, but it is just 1 game... Home field advantage in madden doesnt mean shit anyway. Here come a week or 2 you will be wishing you were still in it...

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

its not like your not going to kick my ass for the 4th straight time.. your going be at least 11-5 and in good shape..

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Dude relax man. Your quitting because your not going to get the top seed for the playoffs? Really? That is a pretty sad excuse to quit, and besides that the season isn't over. Either you are taking this league and Madden WAY too seriously or your just flat out being a baby.

15. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

ford i think your a sound guy but man this is just a video game lol

some people take this far too seriously and if your gonna win the SB you will HAVE to beat the best teams anyway so what difference does it make when you play the falcons etc?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for you. Other members of the league have families, none of them are leaving the league after the holidays.

We have never had a full 32 team league but if we have that opportunity next season for Madden 13, other players will be given an opportunity to play before I let someone back in that will just quit when a game gets simmed. Everyone has been there. Everyone has been salty when a game gets simmed. The expectation of players on the site though is that the experience of playing in the league is larger than just 1 game.

I am far from a perfect commissioner or player but I'm doing the best I can. Obviously we all prefer if you would stay in the league but if you feel it isn't worth your time anymore, don't let us stop you. Just don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Lets just all take a step back a moment before we DRIVE out a good player/ owner over the past few seasons. He obviously was frustrated with the SIM loss as he was on a 9 game winning streak and had a shot at #1 seed. He does come back to play the Jets the next game. Did anyone see that recap/boxscore? 8 INT, 5 defensive TDs. We all had games that made us hate the game at times. I think he had a bitter moment about the SIM and then combined with the way his Jets game went was probably at a "im not into this game right now" moment.
    I am willing to overlook the frustration post if he is willing to come back. He has been a good owner who has gone out of his way to be active. He post his prediction posts, and gets involved with the chatter amongst the board.
    If he truly does not want to come back, then that is his choice. I think we should give a couple days of cool off period before we "label/critisize" his decision. It was obviously out of pure frustration.

• Like Like x 5
  19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hopefully this can be re-evaluated after emotion dies down a little.. no need to make rash decisions on either side.

• Like Like x 1
  20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I thing the detail that puts salt into the wound of a sim.... sim injuries. He said bradshaw got injured right? Man, how pissed would I be if MJD got injured in a sim? I think it would deflate my drive to compete for the rest of the season.... but quitting altogether is a bit much.

you have my vote to turn off injuries if games are simmed.

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I lose a star player everytime I play CPU. No sympathy at all for injuries.

22. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I have also taken a sim loss at the most important time of the season to a guy who I had already beat once... That game probably took me out of the playoff hunt... but I'm still playing the game trying to win... I was pissed too but I didn't quit... Like Ford but I think this is a dumb reason to leave a good league... I'm nobody just stating my opinion...

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Have you not been paying attention.............Ford is staying, so no reason to comment here. Read the other threads

• Like Like x 1
  24. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Were you tied for the best record in the league and on a 9 game winning streak at the time of your loss. i do not think so and that sim may have cost me a bye in the playoffs.

25. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I know ford is staying... Just simply stating my opinion on the situation... Don't you have complaints to file on people or something else to do than worry about what I do...