Resigning players in the offseason question

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by PepperNY, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm going to run a test in an offline association tonite to see how everything works for myself but I am curious how the offseason process works for NBA 2K12 for anyone that has gone through one. Is it like Madden where all your players that in the final year of their deal give you a chance to resign them before they hit the free agent market?

For example, Chris Paul decides to not sign his team option, does he automatically go to free agency or do the Clippers have a exclusive negfotiating period before he hits the free agent market where anyone can bid for him.

Thanks guys

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

for offline 2k always been(not sure for this season offline or for online)
    retirements
    staff hire/fire
    options(team/player)
    resigning
    lottery
    draft workouts
    draft
    FA
    Training

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yes, there is an initial period where you have an opportunity to sign your own FA's before they hit the market. You can also re-sign guys during the season.

However, the trick is that some guys will choose to explore FA and won't sign an extenstion or sign in that 'exclusive' period. Paul has been one of those guys in every sim I've run (at least when he was on the Hornets). I don't know though if 2k will take into account that he has supposedly promised the Clippers he will exercise his player option. He always declines it when I ran a sim in the past.