Restart or Not

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Restart or Not?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just want a majority vote, i know some are against and some are for. No matter the outcome, I want no complaints, am I clear?

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

And I am only considering this due to it being Week 1.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm good with it, but only if the losers keep their losses. :)

Since it's just week 1, we should keep the results that occurred. Those of us that won shouldn't be punished.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This, only without the smiley. I don't want the guys that took losses to get a "get out of loss free" card. They played legit and lost so if we do restart, they should have to take another loss in week 1.

EDIT:
    And likewise for the guys that got wins. If we do restart, those guys should get a win in week 1 as well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. aarondramp

I guess I'm just more friendly than you. But I agree that the results should stand.

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

What about the guys whose teams are drastically different? I know for a fact I played my first game with out my best player as he wasnt even in the game. I dont care about 1 loss it wont kill me as my team is young. However I think the different roster changes things. Those people that lost will more than likely lose again

I think it was a take it or leave it type thing not and if ands or buts

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  7. aarondramp

Honestly, I would just take it as a bonus that you are getting the restart. I don't think any results from Week 1 should be changed. If we are going to change the results then I would change my vote.

8. jello1717

Tons of things will change so you can't compare 1 game with the next. I just won in the tournament 51-21 in a game where I possibly could've hit triple digits if I didn't stomp on the brakes. I guarantee you that if dnf and I played that game again right after it with the same teams it would've been much closer and I bet he could've easily won the next game.

9. jello1717

Here are my main gripes against restarting that involve me personally.

1. Setting up the initial recruiting board is a pain in the ass. It was fine in '12 since you were told everyone that had you in their top 10 so you had a much smaller pool from which to sample. It takes me at least 5 times longer to set up that initial board and everyone that was here last year knows how slow I was in '12.

2. I already took the time to edit the appearance of all 68 guys on my roster (which again, took over an hour to do) and I REALLY don't want to have to do it all over again.

10. LSUTRUTH

I do the same exact thing. However I would rather play with the team im supposed to play with rather than a lesser team. ME and you both know how messed up and untrue these rosters were from the beginning as we started the editing process. Which I edited 2 teams and spent 3 hours doing it before giving up. Im just chalking it up to time learning the game.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Results would stand, it is only fair. I would restart for the sake of more correct rosters and sliders. This is half the reason we should have waited...

• Like Like x 2
  12. jello1717

You'd change the sliders? If so, how? I think they play great (in play now games) and others have said they played well in the OD. What's wrong with the sliders?

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was under the impression they were a bit tough

14. jello1717

Other than iBleedOrange247 's game, I think the CPU games this week all looked pretty great. dakota7 lost a close game to an even opponent, but he said he liked the way it felt. Big Suge Knight had a close game against what I'm sure is about an even opponent. aarondramp had a close game in which he actually upset the #6 team in the country who is a full letter grade better than his team. edge7771 lost a very close game on the road to a superior team.

I'm not sure that we could've asked for better results than those, outside of the drubbing that IBO took. I sure hope we don't end up with automatic CPU wins like we had for pretty much all of '12.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

All I saw was that annihilation ND delivered. Looks like the sliders will stay the same but if we indeed restart I can fix protected rivals (I can't remember what we settled on at the moment). I am fine with whatever direction we take. But I will compare the current rosters to OS' since I want to make sure the ratings haven't been messed with in a way that seems unfair.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah i worked hard for that win so I'd prefer to keep it. Don't wanna replay a game when LSU has seen my entire playbook. For that, I say just fuck it and press on without a restart.

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I vote restart only because it allows me to get back earlier into the season. If we restart we restart all the way though. No holding wins or whatever. If people can't keep recruits then it can't be anything. Either everything is fresh or we don't.

Why are we restarting anyway?

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rosters are now available and much more accurate. Protected rivals are not working. On my end I lost all my preseason scouting.

19. LSUTRUTH

My only thing about it is I have no issue with the loss but how about my 4 star player I signed or my 2 star Gem LB. Those guys wont be there. How is that fair. If your talking about losses. You cant take one without the other.

As far as Uof C goes you can just move our user game around. Give me or him somebody else or put it late in the season.

20. aarondramp

The result of a game is much bigger than 2 recruits.

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm okay with doing either personally, but I am sympathetic to the roster problems and maybe even more so Big Suge Knight 's loss of scouting. I agree the preseason is a pain, but if we restart, then a restart is a restart....for everything. I'm not saying that for a get out of loss card or anything, but because I also lose my insta commit and there's no way to replicate that. To me, if we restart its no strings attached.

• Like Like x 3
  22. LSUTRUTH

If you hadnt played or lost your feelings would be completely different.

23. LSUTRUTH

Few reasons

First- The roster file is much different and more correct than the current file. My main push is the fact that Maryland has Kenny Tate the teams best player on the new file. Most of the impact freshman have decent ratings or were put into the game.

Second - Suge lost his whole preseason scouting time and knows 0 about any of his players

• Like Like x 1
  24. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Masler & the rest of y'all

I took an ass whipping, I'd love the restart, and I'd take a loss thats fine. But my stats are pretty much blown due to that. Plus between the servers fucking up and Masler making changes while I was doing my scouting I lost about 2 hours of scout time due to glitches that stated I had already scouted a player and he wasn't ever scouted.

Now my negative to me voting yes for the restart is the pain in the ass on setting up the recruiting board. But like I said I lost 2 hours of scout time so Im up for it. I've gotta restart my offliner too because I like the look of OS's better. I had to edit so much on the other to make it even some what close.

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit