Restart Rule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

Know that this isn't aimed at any individual, but at the group instead. If anyone answers this message defending their own individual restarts, I will delete that post and hit you with a douchebag card (I've been waiting to drop one). What I'm about to say, when applied to the group (and not the individual), is dead on.

You guys are cheating your asses off out there. Let me say that again - These restarts are not all on the level, and you guys damn well know it.

So, since we need a rule, here it is:

Restart #1 = Simmed Game.

Restart #2 = Simmed Loss.

Restart #3 & up = See #2, and we also need to talk.

It's just that simple. The only way to be fair is to apply it to everyone and not to approach it on a case by case basis. User games are the only ones that will be exempt from this rule, and the players can make their own decisions about those, and bring me in when I can help.

Individually, I'm sure you guys can all make strong cases about what happened, but I'd have to be stupid to think that all of this nonsense is simply coincidence.

This is the rule. It's fair, and it doesn't discriminate. Most of you are already on step 2, so keep the plugs in the walls.

AG

• Like Like x 2
  2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I am gonna speak for the league here as i feel you guys are men of integrity and principle(if this isn't you i apologize now for putting you into this convo by speaking for us all). Your rules here are spot on and if you feel that is the fair way then i will back you on it cause i am a fully vested member of sim nation. Being as involved as i am i have to disagree with your approach here. We all agree that the weakest link in the league is gonna have a outcome on the success we have as a whole? When you make statements from the top isolating ppl or groups within a league how are we suppost to be 1 unit ? Where is the integrity and trust ? You do your homework i know archie cause i follow it. So i know you put lots of research and questions to other tso members on who to recruit to sim nation. You felt excited about these decisions but have yet to trust this league as a whole. You have to back your guys fully as a leader regardless of your choices. You hand picked us so you know we are sim players with great standing integrity on tso. We ALL want this league to excel past any other on tso and things like this will only make us stronger.So lets make this a positive and move forward with class and integrity and rep tso to the fullest.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no problem with what was said, I think for a premiere league we have had too many restarts, shit I had one and I never have one. But when a restart happens questions arise and it is best if we dont have to worry about them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've talked the rule over with some guys (both here and outside) and all agree it's a fair treatment of the problem.

However, my approach , which is usually pretty diplomatic, is a bit less than that here. There are a number of reasons why. I only ask that we understand that I am getting message after message both from inside the dynasty and outside asking me about this. More come from outside than in, and they say things like "What's going on in SN?" "Why are your guys pulling the plug?" "Don't you have a rule in place?" "What are you going to do about this?" While my members might bristle a bit about my questioning of their integrity (and, at least collectively, that's exactly what I'm doing here) they have no idea just how often my leadership is being questioned for trusting that all this is on the level, which, unless we are the unluckiest 12 guys ever, it simply can't be. I'm getting raked over this. I'm just not sharing that part with you guys. The first post is perhaps a bit too heavy with my frustration, though, so I'll apologize for that.

The key here is to not take it as a statement about any single person. As a group, the numbers simply don't lie. Individually, I can't point at any single instance and say "There it is. There's the problem." Collectively, though, it's a big shit sandwich, and everybody knows it. All I can do is point it out.

Just watch. The restarts will stop almost completely. When that happens, what does that say about our integrity?

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I have zero problems with this policy, we have way to many restarts and its just best to have a hardline policy for it. This way no one gets singled out, and no one has an argument. If you restart then this is what will happen.

Also no one will take any offense to your questioning of our integrity unless they have something to question about their own integrity.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am 100% for the new rule.

Look guys, let's all be honest with each other here. Like Archie said, we know that all of these restarts can't be on the level. Yes, there are definitely cases where EA shits the brick. That's unfortunate, and it totally does suck.

But for the integrity of the league, AND because this league is about much more than winning, I too think we need to take steps to head this off before it gets even more out of control.

I like every guy in this league. Some of you I've known for a couple years around TSO, and you other guys that I've recently met seem to be the foundation of a really great league. But again, let's all man up here and admit that we have an issue. Because we do.

This will fix that issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I can fully appreciate your stance as the commish here and what comes with that. Archie I appreciate you letting us in on the daily things you are dealing with. And yes your right what does that say about our integrity ? I bring these things up only to make us more aww and stronger as a unit. Nothing in this league matters to me more the a solid unit. This then brings comradery and fun to a league on a level not possible for the average league. These open air convos we have only make us respect each other further and keeps pushing us all closer to that goal of being one unit. Archie as a man I commend your appology but it wasn't needed we all back you as our commish and trust your moves. None of us are perfect and we don't expect you to be. We see you as one of us and I for one will help you with anything you need you only gotta ask.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

For the record, I've been in Arch's ear for a while now trying to get this rule in play. For whatever reason, in leagues where the rules are very strict, re-starts almost never happen, if ever at all. I was in the Cream of the Crop last year, and the rule then was that a re-start ='d a simmed loss, and we never had this issue. Thus far this year, they still haven't had a restart without clear, physical evidence being provided.

Can shit happen? Absolutely. But just like anything else, a few people can ruin it for the rest of us. There's simply no way to tell who's legit or not, so the only fair thing to do is to make one way of dealing with it. A lot of TF users have every intention of being fair and honest, but competitiveness can cloud one's judgement temporarily. We can't allow for that in this league.

I've yet to have a re-start here, but God forbid it ever happens, I'll be asking Archie to give me a simmed loss.

Let's move on from this, continue with what's been a helluva season, and have a ton of fun going forward.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I was actually surprised that this wasn't already in place. I don't disagree here at all.