Restart?

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by HAL9100, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Would you want to restart?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Looking to gauge an idea of what everyone thinks of this. First off, if we were to restart at all, it would only be because the Roughing the Passer bug doesn't go away. If it goes away for Season 3, then we won't be restarting. So I'm asking this under the assumption that the bug doesn't go away and so we can plan ahead. Would you want to restart?

The pros of restarting now? Obviously it would remove the bug. It's still early enough in the cycle that we would be able to build up whatever teams we switch to. If the bug really starts to weigh on us in, say, February, then a restart at that point would have a lower chance of succeeding.

The cons of restarting now? Everything we've done the last 2 months would be gone and we wouldn't have really seen any of our work come to fruition.

If we were to restart, then Guy and I think that we should pick a different conference but keep the same format. While the rosters would be the same as Season 1, we would be moving all the teams so that they line up with 2015. Guy and I were thinking about the AAC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12(we would add 2 teams to them), Pac 12, or SEC. This would be a step up in talent for everyone, so it would be the equivalent to us having built our teams up to some degree. So if you vote yes, go ahead and name a conference(s) you would want to use.

Zero to Heroes

2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I vote for a restart. The roughing would get too annoying to bare for me and when they come up late in games and stops the clock it really sucks. I pick the SEC. Roll Tide (I'll thumb war with you for Bama, Guy) If not SEC, ACC.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  3. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

If we were to restart and if it was in the SEC I would not to be Alabama so no need to thumb wrestle. Already rolling with the Tide in C2G so I would want somebody else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Like i said a few days ago, if we believe theres gonna be another patch and/or tuner then i believe we should hold off on restart and pray that a patch fixes these bugs.

My main concern is for my boy pitt, he can't lvl up, thats not fair, we need to see if theres any remedy for that first and foremost imo

• Like Like x 1
  6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

yes so I get xp and i havent played a cpu game but I am sure roughing is annoying

7. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I hope there's going to be another patch, but they don't publicize when/if they're going to do that. There's also no guarantee that any patch would fix our issues.

That is true. But if we have anyone else quit after the restart, then they would be in the same situation. So we would need to make sure everyone is sticking with Z2H after the restart. Looking at you _MG_ .

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

For what its worth, I believe that OD's started since the last patch have the coach xp bug fixed. We had to restart AM due to the issue and according to Drifter EA fixed the bug on the server side, but only for newly created OD's.

Good luck to you guys, restarting sucks, but it's better to do it sooner than later.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Oh, nice. I didn't know that.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read the very end of that sentence, lol.

10. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

ya patch fixed that issue for good as long as you start after the patch came out as dru50 said. But I understand if you guys dont wanna restat too

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Personally, I don't want to restart.

But if it's better for the dynasty as a whole I'm cool with that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Thanks for dropping by with that advance /knowledge Dru50

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

No problem. We've gone through this twice (one restart before the fix, then another after the fix), so I'm happy to impart what little experience I have.

• Like Like x 2
  14. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Zero to Heroes

If we decide to restart, I've been testing out a conference alignment offline that takes us back to the pre-BCS era and specifically the 1991/92 seasons (some people here might remember that time uagrad90), which was the final seasons before the SEC created the first conference championship game. In this era, the conferences were smaller, rivalry games were actually played (see Texas-TAMU, Pitt-WVU, Kansas-Missouri, Nebraska-Okahoma, etc) and the Big Ten actually had 10 teams. The conference layout and bowl tie-in's are below and as we have 12 users, we'd have to split into two conferences with 6 users each. My preference would be the Big 8 and the SWC, as there is close geographic resemblance between the two, similar in strength/weakness, and ton's of rivalry games among the teams in each (Oklahoma/Texas) as most of them formed into the pre-2012 Big 12. This format would likely result in 6-7 user games a year (5 within the conference, and then 1-2 non-conference crossover).

ACC
    Clemson
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Maryland
    North Carolina
    NC State
    Virginia
    Wake Forest

Big East (AAC in the game)
    Boston College
    Miami
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    Syracuse
    Temple
    Virginia Tech
    West Virginia

Big 8
    Colorado
    Iowa State
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

Big 10
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Northwestern
    Ohio State
    Purdue
    Wisconsin

Big West (Sun Belt in game)*
    Arkansas State (East)
    Louisiana Tech (East)
    Idaho (West)
    New Mexico State (West)
    Nevada (West)
    San Jose State (West)
    Texas State (East)
    UL Lafayette (East)
    UL Monroe (East)
    UNLV (West)
    Utah State (West)
    UT-San Antonio (East)

MAC
    Akron
    Ball State
    Bowling Green
    Central Michigan
    Eastern Michigan
    Kent State
    Miami (OH)
    Northern Illinois
    Ohio
    Toledo
    Western Michigan

Pac 10
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    California
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Washington
    Washington State

SEC
    Alabama
    Auburn
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Ole Miss
    Mississippi State
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt

Southwest Conference (MWC in the game)
    Arkansas
    Baylor
    Houston
    Rice
    SMU
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    TCU
    Texas Tech

WAC (Conference USA in game)
    Air Force
    BYU
    Colorado State
    Hawaii
    Fresno State
    New Mexico
    San Diego State
    Utah
    UTEP
    Wyoming

*The game crashes if you don't have at least one conference championship game. Thus, I expanded the Big West a little (a number of the schools in that league 20 years ago don't even have teams anymore) and created the division for that conference.
    ** The schools not listed above are independents. Schools like Boise State, Florida State, Penn State, South Carolina, etc. were independent at that time.
    ***Although the era of this format was prior to the BCS, the bowls still existed and there were some tie-in's for the conference champions.

Fiesta Bowl: SWC vs ACC/At Large
    Orange Bowl: Big East vs Big 8
    Rose Bowl: Big 10 vs Pac 10
    Sugar Bowl: SEC vs ACC/At Large

15. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I'm with UT, but if I get UCLA I would a much cooler with the idea ;)

16. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I really can't imagine how anyone would want to play through something as big as this penalty bug. It ruins the game to me

17. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I vote YES and I am still in

• Like Like x 1