Restart?

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by Bucs, Jun 20, 2014.

?

Restart Options

1. No Restart, continue with this file.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Restart after one more season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Restart Now.

100.0%
  1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Personally I am in favor of a restart just so we can all start on an even playing field and get rid of the Coach XP problem.

If we do restart i'm leading towards using the rosters found under the GT "JC Spinner" , I don't know much about other teams but it was pretty accurate for Miami, so give them a once over and see how you feel about them. I'm going to test out a few different slider sets today and pick one.

If we do decide to restart I'll throw up another poll where we will decide on which conference to go with. With such a small number of us I think once conference is the best way to go.

Walter323
    hornfaninbama
    BRUCE80
    Todd Ramsey
    Papa Perry

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Let's restart completely. And a new slider set is a must.

3. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I'm good with whatever everyone decides.

What's the thought process on slider changes? I agree they are hard, but I personally like them that way.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm down for whatever. I have some TSO guys that may be in. Let me text some people.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Papa Perry

Also, I'll log some games with some sliders and see what I can come up with. Lately I've been messing with the OS sliders

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I like the challenge of difficult sliders, but the way the last ones played was ridiculous. I pulled these stats from late in the season before I stopped playing CPU games.

TD:INT

UNC: 22 and 25
    BAMA: 10 and 15
    BAY: 9 and 15
    KU: 4 and 16
    ARK: 15 and 19

At the end of the season we have 1 human coach with more TD's than interceptions

UNC: 41 and 35
    UGA: 29 and 33
    ARK: 20 and 28
    BAM: 13 and 18
    Bay: 16 and 18

I am all for challenging sliders, I don't want to shut out my opponent every week, I don't want to be assured of a win every week. But I do want to be able to have realistic stats when the season is over and those above aren't. Meanwhile the CPU schools:

UKY: 40 and 13
    UCLA 33 and 09
    FSU: 32 and 9
    UND: 38 and 7
    IOW: 32 and 9

I wanted to test something in the last game I played so I ran the same play from the same formation 3 times in a row. Pistol 3 WR Trips. 3 WR on the left, a TE on the right and I called Strong Flood: easy read, quick throw. I audibled the TE from a deep in to block, and audibled the RB from a block and leak route to block. The defense came out in a 3 man front and ran 2 Man all 3 plays. With only 3 rushers and 7 blockers, I was sacked 3 times in a row before I could throw a 12 yard out. I watched UK's 80 overall DT maul my entire OL play after play after play for an entire game despite my lowest rated starter being an 85. The player lined up directly across from him is a 97.

I've thrown out routes 12-15 yards downfield and watched LB's in the flats leap up and make interceptions on it. Every CPU corner has Deion Sanders closing speed. I've thrown passes where the WR has 2 steps on the DB only to watch it get swatted away or picked off multiple times. And I've played way too many games where the CPU QB is 22/25 for 350 yards and 6 TD's. I'm not awful at this game, and I got to be the best team in NCAA for the first 2 seasons, and week after week after week teams with half the talent of mine played me closer and better than any human opponent.

As I said. I'm in favor of challenging sliders, but the ones we have used the past few seasons step beyond "challenging."

7. Bucs

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I may join up [​IMG]

9. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Fair enough. Thanks for the well detailed response!

10. Papa Perry

11. Papa Perry

There is supposedly a way to fix this. Apparently the Coach's Conservative/Aggressive slider is broken or too strong. Setting every coach to 50/50 on this slider is supposed to fix this. Also, most are setting every coaches Sub frequency to 85 (MAX) in order for the CPU to sub more. This has to be done for every team. If JC Spinner's rosters are not this way I would be willing to fix this stuff and re-upload it.

12. Bucs

yeah I was reading something similar. Ill check the rosters in a few minutes and see if I can start making changes to the coaches.

13. Bucs

Walter323
    hornfaninbama
    BRUCE80
    Todd Ramsey
    Papa Perry

We will be restarting. It will be the 6 of us and MAYBE a few guys from Hornfan's OD The Flashback depending on what they decide. Also maybe KnightNoles if he wants to commit to us. Putting us at right around 9 or 10 guys. We will be using "JC Spinner" rosters and most likely the OS Community sliders. Let's give it a day or so for any possible new additions to make their decisions about joining us and then we can decide conferences. In the mean time play your bowl games , look over the roster set , recharge etc etc....

14. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Another idea is starting with mid major schools. I enjoy recruiting as much as playing and always enjoyed trying to build up programs.

If it has to be a major conference I would like to do the PAC-12. I'm okay with anything, just food for thought.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Papa Perry

FYI. Looks like bout half the Big Ten among other schools are not changed over to 2014 rosters yet.

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

If we get 9 or 10 we can do 2 conferences.

I have zero interest in a low level program at this point. I have even less interest in recruiting restrictions. This will be the 4th or 5th do over for me...my patience is wearing thin with finally getting the recruits I want and the the coaching skills I want and the dynasty dying or having to start over.

I like user games but I dont want to have to schedule 7 or 8 a year with my real life schedule, it would just be too much for me and I would burn out quickly..I dont mind CPU games because I can play them on my time so to speak...also Madden is right around the corner and I am in TMFL and that is 16 user games a year, kinda the reason i vote for a 2 conference set up.

Something where the 2 confernces meet in the bowl game at the end and each confernce has a CCG would be ideal imo.

17. Bucs

damn

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Let me know what conference(s) are selected.

19. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Call Me LSU are good rosters.

20. Papa Perry

Bucs

OS Sliders seem ok. Really like how the running backs play. They actually break tackles. I've played two games as Boise. Both were tight games that I could've easily lost if not for lucky breaks.

21. Bucs

How did you feel about kickoff returns? They seemed a little too easy to me but that can be fixed by increasing the kickoff power I think. Outside of that I liked the way they played as well.