Restarts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Jul 23, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I noticed that we had a few restarts last week and a couple more this week. A lot of leagues have a no-excuse policy when it comes to this, but at the very least, people are expected to post the circumstances behind any restart. Arch', what's our league standing on this? Is there any rule in place?

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Anytime I have a issue in the middle of a game I take a video or a picture or 2 with my android and post it

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

The game froze on the loading screen

ego if u wanna sim it cuz I played go for it. My team will beat them by more than what I did

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

This is the best solution, it just takes all guess work out of it for everyone.

Whoa now! Nobody was called out,i just think we need to address something before someone has 4 restarts and a win against alabama or oklahoma you know what I mean?

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Not mad, just saying ego seemed to want action. So I'm giving permission to. But there is also this discussion to take into account at the moment
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/upload-issues.59120/

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Lol fixed

8. egofailure

Here's the main issue - restarts shouldn't have to be asked about. The circumstances should be posted/explained by the user ASAP. Leagues that are laxed about restarts end up having more restarts. It goes beyond winning or losing ... player injuries can also be reversed this way. This is why most premiere leagues have a no-excuse policy, and some include the penalty of a simmed loss.

I never implied wanting action. I just think it's best that we nip it in the bud and clarify our league policy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

It isn't my first rodeo ego, I have full intention of telling Archie (THE COMMISH) the circumstances.

10. egofailure

Telling? Ah, so you haven't yet. Gotchya.

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

What's your point

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I dont know what his point is, but I would like to know whats up myself. Along with the other restarts that have occurred just as I'm sure you guys would want to know what was up if I had restarts. You should have an obligation to explain to this league and it.s members when something like this happens.

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

The league or the members from last years OD ....you guys like to stick together. I know of 1-2 more guys besides me thinking of quitting because they feel outcasted by the so called dad life members. you guys need to cool it on some of the rules. The reason we are premier is because we are upstanding members of the site. There shouldn't be threads implying that we cheated or any sort. There shouldn't be any thought of it.

Yes I had every intention of informing Archie and if HE wanted it. I would post and tell the league. I have no obligation to explain my self to anyone other than the commish

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

There is no dads life group that is implying you cheated. You have to keep in mind this was am established league before you joined and we were used to guys not restarting with out posting publicly about what happened. Like you said before this isn't your first rodeo so you should know what restarts can do to a league. Trust me I don't want you to quit, I just want you to learn how this league is run.

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I guess Archie needs to designate all co commishes cuz random members starting threads about this is not appropriate.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

[quote="DerekC, post: 639779"

I have no obligation to explain my self to anyone other than the commish[/quote]

And here in lies the problem, we had a standard of public explanation, not private in these cases. It isn't a us versus you thing it's a fact of you not knowing the precedents set here.

17. soxandgators

Maybe this will help

We (new guys) understand completly that coming into a new league is a adjustment and we approach it this way. The origional group of dads life feels a certain resposibility to keep things just as is I get it 100 percent. But we gotta start opening our minds up on both ends here. Both sides have ben very pesimistic so far and taking to each other will only happen with time. Let's all just make a valiant effort to be open minded please. I am pretty sure you guys didt just randomly pick us to join and did research on each and every one of us. New guys will fit in perfect trust me. We want this league to be the best as much as you . These defensive approaches will do us no good fast as a league. Thanks for your time gentlemen

18. bdub

bdub Walk On

Actually the way you are acting inappropriate. Nobody accused anybody of anything and your freaking out like a guilty man.

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Why isn't it? We are all in this together and it takes 12 members working together to make it work, and calling issues out is important. There were several restarts, so a thread was started asking for aclarification on the protocol for thesesituations. No one was accused or called out. You brought yourself into the conversation and then got defensive.

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I apologize for getting defensive

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

we weren't being closed minded, we were just conditioned to believe it was a members obligation to explain a restart, I assumef it was that way in other places a well. I think we old timers have aquessced on the sliders and settings have wenot? But I have to applaud your comments because we all have to undefstand we all have to make this the best place we can.

22. soxandgators

I think we got a great group of sim guys here and look forward to watching it blossom. None of us are perfect so it is gonna take us all in the early stages giving some benefit of the doubt until we settle in with each other. I will admit it even if others won't but the majority of things so far in threads is based on trust of new members or old twords one another. It is great that we can all openly voice opinions. We are for right now early on just a little rough around the edges with one another.I guarantee this will change in due time

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

And btw. I gave them permission to sim if they saw fit. I wasn't freaking out. I was offended by the impying

24. egofailure

Please re-read my post (again). I wasn't implying anything. I stated that, at the very least, users are expected to post the circumstances behind a restart. By the time I started this thread today, I had yet to see a single post made about a restart, and we have had a bunch since beginning on Thursday.

25. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

nobody implied bk, not one person.