restarts

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

so, we are in year three. i havent said anything yet but Im still not pleased that I see restarts at any time

So you played the CPU, we *expect* you to win, but that doesnt mean you might lose. Seeing "(2 restarts)" still brings up unanswered questions.

I thought we were going to enforce it but I dont think we have. therefor, I elect we start bringing punishment when there is no proof.

I would like to see more policing

this week Irish and Noff both have a restart

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

It says "2 restarts" whenever the first attempt isn't logged. The restart # is how many times you attempted to play.

I texted fuzzyl0gic when I attempted to play last night around 3AM. He can confirm I was at 0-0, pre-kickoff, and had to quit to help a friend with a tire. I have a picture too, and can upload if necessary.

I'm not sure about MNoffke. Perhaps we need to institute a rule. "If you restart, without explicit proof & explanation of said error, you're result will be thrown out and your game will be simmed, along with your next CPU game."

Thoughts?

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah I can verify Irish quit before the coin flip Oshiomogho, he texted me a picture.

4. fuzzyl0gic

I agree that we should be strict on it though, this is the only league I lose games to the CPU. I would love to have re-started halfway through against Arkansas!

5. IrishBearcat

I usually check the restarts and always ask for an explanation just fyi.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

OK, well like Fuzzy said, we do occasionally have teams losing to the CPU. so we need to police it. I like that you look into it but without proof, we might have a coverup and when we start believing stories, it just makes it easier for other people to make something up

I trust our guys, it's not like we have Qwon. but rules is rules

• Like Like x 1
  7. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

to be fair, Qwon loses more to the CPU than anyone I've seen haha.

8. IrishBearcat

What's the punishment for a restart without proof?

I liked my suggestion above, but I'm considering automatic sim-loss. This would be included if there was a power outage or something freaky where you can't provide proof.

Thoughts? Should we go HARDCORE to ensure CPU losses aren't covered up, or simply sim the game and multiple games?

My concern: User is losing to CPU with an obviously better team, "disconnect", gets two easy sim wins when he should've been 1-1. I'm thinking the hardcore route, I think I can count on one hand the # of power outages or freak accidents that lacked proof that occured in LV since we've been running back in 09.

9. fuzzyl0gic

Let's go hardcore. Like you said, the "freak" accidents really should be the exception.

10. IrishBearcat

Also, to be safe, you could have a user "score watch" during you CPU games if you're really worried.

I'm just thinking about the one time somebody's power will go out and there's nothing they can do to prove the score. It's gonna be salty, but that's something that will probably happen 1 time at the most, if at all, for the remaining of '12.

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

We could try some sort of score watch but the only way to do that is for people to post when they are starting a game against the CPU. and im still not even sure if that would help out too much unless you see the team losing and then they restart a game. i think it's hard to police this without just trusting every member to police themselves. And come up with proof when something happens

until the final week of the year when a CPU game actually means something to him, then he cant lose :p

12. CoachRedd

I dont remember this?

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

haha, happened two years in a row! first year he restarted and still lost
    2nd year he "didnt have time to finish" the 2nd half so he simmed to the end while losing and then quit and we simmed the game which resulted in him winning and he faced Michigan for the B10 championship (and got blwon out). I will not forget

14. CoachRedd

haha Wow Wasnt aware of this...why have we not given him more shit for this?

15. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

sorry guys, I should have put my reason for restart for week 2. I still had my team under multiple instead of 3-4 defense that I am using for this season. when i got on defense i realized that i was still under my old defense.