Resting players

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hoppedupford, Jan 11, 2012.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Is anyone resting their players in the final game of the season? I am debating on rather I should or should not being that I just had another key injury.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

good idea. I might sit the whole team, the next game is pretty pointless.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Not resting anyone but being as I am out of the playoffs I am playing a lot of my rookies and younger guys to get them some experience and hopefully help increase there rating and get them up a little bit and avoid any career ending injuries. Kyle Orton may even get the start over Kolb today not sure.

4. Hova

I Peench

Get Ready for Shaun Hill and no Megatron ;)

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm bringing the full force cuz I have nothin to lose :D

6. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

With no guareenteed playoff birth I'm playing full speed ahead but If I did have it locked the only way I would sit players is if I had a CPU game.

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Unfortunately you may have a cpu game on your hands. Got some medical stuff I'm recovering from, so I temporarily dropped. Praying I still fiind my way into the playoffs

So to answer your question hoppedupford, I'm resting myself for the playoffs haha

8. Hova

I'll pry play ALL my backups then. Everytime I play CPU I lose someone for the season

9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I might rest my D. On offense, I dont plan on getting tackled against the CPU Bears this week. Im good to go.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You need to beat the raiders for me though

11. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

As of now you are the #3 seed going to be playing the #6 seed. If you win, you will play the Panthers (if he wins his Week 17 matchup).

If you lose, you will end being the #5 seed and playing the #4 seed, which will be the Lions, and the Saints will end up being the #6 seed.

At the #3 seed, if you win your first game in the playoffs, you will face the #2 seed, which depends on the tiebreakers could be either the Falcons or the 49ers. Really not sure how the tiebreaker will work out. If it goes by REAL NFL tiebreakers, the Falcons should be the #1 seed by having tougher schedule. If it goes alphabetical. then the 49ers would go ahead due to the #4 being before the F in Falcons. It may go by net points, in which going into Week 17, the Falcons and 49ers are 1 point differential on Net points. Is it a race to who beats the CPU the worst in week 17?

Who knows what will happen at this point for 1/2.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I actually made a mistake on the tiebreakers if Madden uses the REAL NFL system.

If Saints and Panthers both win..

Panthers would be 8-4 in conference play and the Saints would be 9-3. Which led me to believe the Saints would get the Wild Card spot. This is incorrect. Panthers would be 4-2 in the division and the Saints would be 3-3 which would make the Panthers ahead of the Saints in the division and ultimately ahead of them in the Conference standings.

So if the Panthers win, it does not matter if the Saints win. Panthers would be #6.

Panthers would play #3 seed.
    Lions would play the #5 seed.

So your game would most likely be the decidind factor on who plays who. You win it should be Redskins-Lions. Giants-Panthers.

If you lose, it would be Giants-Lions, and Panthers-Redskins.

This would be on the assumption that the Panthers win.

If Panthers lose and Saints lose. Saints actually would get the #6 seed because the division records would be the same and the Saints would have a better conference record.

hoppedupford

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The AFC picture is tight!

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Maybe I shoulda rested Bc I lost my wr and LB in the last game, trying to get the 1 seed

15. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

antcap24 - I see you that you made sure you weren't going to lose out on that 1 seed due to point differential; you scored a TD with 17 seconds left against CPU up 19 points right after they had scored with 46 seconds left?? I don't have a problem with it, although I do think we should monitor CPU v. user games moving forward....passing 53 times for 600 yds against the CPU doesn't seem very "sim" to me. I'm a stat guy, and don't like it when ppl take advantage of CPU games to run up scores and statistics...this was my biggest fear going with all-pro v. all-madden.

Good luck in playoffs!

JSimms

• Like Like x 1
  16. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

The Falcons run an Arena league offense! With that being said he has no rb so maybe that has something to do with it but I cant defend that last score. I also think we should be playing on all madden because you cant adjust sliders.

17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I definitely was trying to win by as much as I could to win #1 seed. I am not going to deny that. I passed the ball more than usual because of the early fumbles my backup RB had. He had 3 fumbles (1 lost). Also I could not afford to lose another RB going into the playoffs. As for the late TD, that was purely to make it difficult for you to win the point differential if that indeed was the tiebreaker.

If that was uncalled for, I apologize. it was in the spirit of bettering my chances in the playoffs. I openly discussed it prior to the game that it might come down to that tiebreaker, so you would also be aware of where we stood.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Reggie bush late in a blowout W goes back to return punt gets hit. reggie Bush goes down with Career Ending injury with a broken Vertebrae right before playoffs..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Holy shit

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yep, huge blow to the run game..

21. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

In my experience the career enders only end up being season enders. They return the following season.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats stupid..how can someone come back from a broken back?

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Let's call it what it is. You won at all cost.

This boxscore is a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    They don't. We had one in hk. You can sign him and etc but he stays injured on the game

• Like Like x 2
  25. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Interesting - this was not the case in years past if I remember correctly.