1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

restricted NAT

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by MurkYa21, Sep 10, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

restricted NAT

okay...ive asked this before...I still havent fixed it..

There are certain people on live that I can't connect with for user vs user game or live parties...I can send msgs though.

I dont have a router...

what I have is wifi through my laptop...bridged connection...then an ethernet cord going from my laptop to my xbox..

when I test my connection everything runs fine until it goes from the internet logo to the xbox live logo and a pop up comes up that says:

"You can connect to Xbox LIVE, but your current network configuration may limit your online experience. Select More Info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it."

when I go to more info...it tells me in a nutshell that my NAT type is strict...and to mess with my router or modem (which i dont have)

any help?

also..im at college which might have something to do with all of this

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it has everything to do with it. The NAT settings on the router in your dorm/apt probably isn't ideal to connect to LIVE with.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

do you think if I used one of those wireless things that hook up in the back of your xbox it would work?

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    doubt it, but if you have one you can borrow it might be worth a shot at least.

It is likely a router issue.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

its the router of the school that has the NIT issue, theres really no way you can get around it

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That sucks Murk. I feel for ya buddy.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

well that's fucking awesome...

what if I use my own router?

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Have you check with your school's IT department? They might have instructions on what to do to connect to Xbox Live - or at the very least tell you it isn't possible.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ill do that