Restrictions for Taking a New Job

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 15, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I Peench
    -Cougars-
    BakerWildcat7
    Bucs
    iBleedOrange247
    moparjoe
    Alwaysfly
    Will Atkinson
    LSUTRUTH
    XAttackConquerX
    Ghost

The next we need to decide is which of the following scenarios we will do:

• Option One: Any team is able to be drafted from the get go. Whoever you draft you are that team for the entire '13 cycle.
    • Option Two: We only allow drafting of 4 stars and under teams. We would outline possible goals that, if accomplished, would allow a user the option of taking any job in the conference their current team resides in to keep the 6/6 user balance.
    Before we poll of the two options, I want to leave an open discussion for everyone to decide what those restrictions would be IF we decide to do option two.

Open discussion here. Once we get some good feedback from the group we'll outline what the restrictions would be if we go option two, THEN vote on either option one or option two.

NO VOTING - for now. We're simply discussing RESTRICTIONS FOR OPTION TWO.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I think for option 2 that if you pick a school you should just stay as that school for the whole 13 Cycle.

3. IrishBearcat

I envision the restrictions that would make it DIFFICULT but not impossible to change teams.

You may take ANY team in YOUR conference if you accomplish any of the following:

• Win a National Championship
    • Win 2 BCS Bowl Games in consecutive years.
    • Win your conference AND this is at least your second year with your current team.
    *BONUS* - If BOTH a member in the ACC and the Big XII earn the right to switch to a new team in the same season, they are allowed to TRADE these rights.
    Here's an example: Bob wins a National Championship in year 2 with Kansas State and Joey wins his 2nd straight BCS bowl game with Georgia Tech. Bob has earned the right to switch to ANY Big XII team and Joey has earned the right to switch to ANY ACC team. Bob and Joey can TRADE these rights (obviously both would have to agree) in order to take a new team in a NEW conference.
    I think this would add some fun, excitement, and uniqueness to our Online Dynasty. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  4. IrishBearcat

If we're staying with our schools the whole cycle, then we will allow all teams to be drafted.

If we are all starting with 4 stars and under, I want to make restrictions so coaches can move up to the Texas, Oklahoma, Ok State, Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State's, etc. etc.

5. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

win conference and your bowl game, be the same prestege as the team you are picking (had to be that prestege for a year allready, this would be year 2 of same prestege).

that should put it about 4 years in before anyone could even think of doing it, by then you might be so attached to your team that you dont want to leave.

extra (teams prestege when we started?) texas 6 star when start ,drops to 5, but you still have to be 6 star for 2 years to pick them

6. IrishBearcat

I understand your point, but I think if teams are doing what I described above (Winning a NC, winning back to back BCS bowls, or winning a BCS Conference) they would realistically be considered candidates for some of the top jobs in real life.

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I agree IrishBearcat

We're taking major programs here. I don't care where we start, I prefer no restrictions. But, I can't say I want option 2 at all. I'd want option 1 (no restrictions) or 3 and 4 star major BCS programs that we keep

I don't like limiting teams. I'm limited in my other OD, and if LSUTRUTH and myself want a challenge, we can take a 3* program and enjoy beating up on the Bamas of the world. The new recruiting dynamic should allow teams like this to still find good guys the big boys overlook

• Like Like x 1
  8. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i wrote mine before yours (IB) was shown on computer, i liked your ideas.

i agree

9. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Are the teams in the Big 12 still WVU, TCU and the Mormons? i know there are talks about them coming, but even Houston, SMU makes more sense than BYU. and it adds to the recruiting pull from Texas. if it is a done deal i wont bring it up again, just asking. Just beacause BIG 12 are money grubbers in decision of who to add, doesnt mean we have to be. Both these teams went public basically begging to get in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I Peench

WVU and tCU are in this year, right?

I'd be interested in both

11. Ghost

yea they are
    WVU and TCU are officially Big 12 members for the 2012 season.

12. I Peench

I just think the switching teams without CC is complicated and pointless.

• Like Like x 1
  13. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

what about BYU are they going to be added? are we still going to have enough for CC (conference championship), that is the team i am seeing if it can be changed to another texas team.

if it necessary to add a team anyway

im with you on TCU since my aggies aren't an option, but if there is a cap for life then they will also not be an option

14. Ghost

I agree

15. I Peench

I don't want a cap. If Ghost wants to run with Texas, let him run with Texas. If I want a challenge (or anyone else), take a challenge.

I'd suggest we throw TAMU in the mix here for sure since we need to add two. The other could be SMU, Houston, or Tulsa. Whoever somebody wants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

plus why are we still talking about no cap, the whole point of dropping the SEC (which actually won) was due to the low number of 4 star programs, so i thought this is allready a done deal 4 star or less.

17. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

the big 12 basically has 2 sharks in the water Texas and Oklahoma everybody else is small potatoes, TCU will have something to say, maybe even WVU. Baylor not so much, But the addition of AGGIES would be nice (asked about that, never saw a reply)

18. IrishBearcat

We'll probably keep it realistic and leave A&M in the SEC to match IRL, and we'll probably add BYU (independent) and have the TCU + WVU to match as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I Peench

TCU is 5* too

20. I Peench

I just really feel strongly about it IrishBearcat

ACC BigXII no restrictions.

It's the most flexible, while maintaining tradition and giving people options as to how they want to approach the OD. I'm targeting 3* and 4* teams anyways, and would LOVE to beat up on the jerkoffs that take Texas, OU, FSU, VT :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

okay, moving forward

then i vote to take the lid off, vote for any, keep it until u end of days. May even have to pick out of state, depending on draft order.

22. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i like Virginia Tech, guess because of the mentality that the coach has brought to that college. All defense and running game, kind of a new age Bo Schembechler, with killer special teams. The uniforms are so ugly that i like the color combo, Clemson's purple and orange :doodie: (you get the drift). But man does that team ever get speed, they are like the Raider's of the NCAA, all about speed. Just hoping that a good Texas team is left, even being an aggie if Texas is the final team left from my home state that will be the one im picking (god forbid im last and ACC is only one left with opening, better not be, almost all you guys HATED on the Big 12). I can tell, we have almost built a rivalry by regions allready. There should be some good hearted smack going on when '13 comes out.

23. I Peench

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  24. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i plan on going after the team i like the best, i mean hell if you are keeping it for the long haul, you damn well better like it. At least i got all the angst out about having to have certain team, The draft would have driven me crazy. I guess talking about all those teams made me remember my appreciation for each of their qualities. Hell, im just ready to have some fun, would like to see some more participation from rest of the league.

hope to see more than 3 peoples opinion tomorrow on the future of the league.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  25. Ghost

No Limit
    If people want to build teams let them build, if people want to play with a team they like but the team is a little higher in overall/stars so be it. I like re building teams but I don't leagues where i get a chance to run with Texas. I'll say this though, if Texas gets picked before my pick I'll be picking a 3 or 4 star program