Results Season 2, Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Post them correctly here

2. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Espanyol [3] vs Juve [0]

Espanyol Lineup (4-5-1):

GK: C. Alvarez
    DEF: H. Mier (Javi Lopez)
    DEF: D. Colotto
    DEF: H. Moreno
    DEF: J. Capdevilla
    MID: J. Zavala
    MID: H. Herrera (J. Forlin)
    MID: G. dos Santos
    MID: Simao
    MID: Verdu
    ST: Sergio Garcia

Subs: Javi Lopez for H. Mier (77th minute), J. Forlin for H. Herrera (77th minute)

Goals: Simao (PK, 13th min); (two goals: 72nd min, 80th min) G. dos Santos (two assists for Sergio Garcia)

MotM: H. Moreno

Juve lineup (4-3-3):

GK: G. Buffon
    DEF: S. Lichsteiner
    DEF: L. Bonucci
    DEF: M. Caceres
    DEF: L. Baines
    MID: A. Vidal
    MID: A. Pirlo
    MID: Neymar
    MID: G. Chiellini (red card in 12 min)
    MID: F. Llorente
    ST: G. Bale

Subs: D. Conca for G. Bale (77th min), A. Matri for F. Llorente (77th min)

Espanyol knew going into the game they had to play perfect defense to have a chance to win, and the defense came through. The game was hard fought in the midfield, very even throughout as the stats would show (both teams had less than 5 SOT and 50% possession) but the game turned early on when chiellini was red card and Espanyol were awarded a penalty kick. Even when down to ten men espanyol would not give juve an inch in the final third and made it extremely difficult for juve to find room to find that killer ball. As the game grinded on Espanyol was able to score a pair of late Gio dos Santos goals to put the game away, and start their debut campaign off with 3 big points. Great game!

3. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

0 Borussia Dortmund v Shakhtar 1

Borussia Dortmund

Weidenfeller
    Richards
    Subotic (Bender 70')
    Hummels
    Piszczek
    Gundogan
    Cesc Fabregas
    Gotze
    Blaszczykowski
    Reus
    Lewandowski

Shakhtar

Handanovic
    Srna
    Chygrynskiy
    Dedé
    Alaba
    Rakitskiy
    Douglas Costa
    Pablo Armero (Oxlade-Chamberlain 70')
    Jack Wilshere
    Henrik Mkhitaryan
    Traore

:goal: Jack Wilshere 57':assist:Lacina Traore

:trophy:Jack Wilshere 9.7

0 Goals 1​
    9 Shots 15​
    2 Shots on Target 8​
    52% Possession 48%​
    18 Tackles 27​
    1 Fouls 1​
    3 Corners 4​
    A new season and last year's champions were looking to get off toward a good start in efforts to repeat. It wouldn't be a straight forward game though as they faced a very strong Borussia Dortmund team who was strengthened this summer with the big signing of Cesc Fabregas. Shakhtar had some great chances but Borussia was finding themselves in some very dangerous areas which had Shakhtar fans and coaches alike on pens and needles all game. Early in the game, a cross found Lacina Traore wide open in the box about 8 yards from goal but the big striker bicycled it over from point blank. In the 17th minute, nearly the same situation as new boy Pablo Armero threw in a cross from the left to Lacina Traore who had checked up his run behind the defense leaving him some space. The big striker this time tried an overhead kick which was going low and into the corner but Weidenfeller got down well to deny the wondergoal. In the 37th, Blaszczykowski used his speed to get down the right flank before cutting back, getting the best of David Alaba before trying to curl it into the far post but the shot was well off target. In the 42nd, Cesc Fabregas worked to get a bit of space before blasting with his left for the near post from about 30 yards but Handanovic was there to hold it despite the dangerous skipping of the ball in the rainy conditions. Shakhtar would score the winner in the 57th when Mkhitaryan spotted Lacina Traore running between the seam of Richards and Subotic and curved the through ball onto his path. Traore ran toward the corner of the 6.....As Weidenfeller charged him down about 12 yards from goal, Traore shifted his weight to center the ball just as Weidenfeller clattered him and the ball found Jack Wilshere in between the midfielders and defenders near the PK spot. Wilshere had an open net to place the ball in and he did so to put it at 1-0. In the 58th, Dortmund tried to equalize when Cesc Fabregas got down the right and tried blasting for the near post a few feet inside the box from a slight angle but Handanovic was there. In the 65th, Shakhtar had a chance when somehow Douglas Costa spotted Mkhitaryan making a run behind Subotic from about 60 yards away on the opposite side of the field and played a ridiculous pass over the top to him. The ball reached Mkhitaryan at the top of the half circle and he tried one timing it low and left but Weidenfeller saved it out for a corner. A great pass by the little Brazilian. In the 82nd, Mkhitaryan got around Piszczek and ran into the box at an angle. He opted to blast it toward goal but Weidenfeller saved it for a corner which led to nothing. The game ended 1-0 but could have went either way. GG Jon ​

4. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Liverpool 0 - 5 Tottenham

Liverpool:
    • Reina
    • Ogbonna
      • Johnson (45')
    • Skrtel
    • Agger
    • Leiva
      • Enrique (1')
    • Kehl
    • Gerrard
    • Suarez
    • Navas
    • Coutinho
      • Sturridge (69')
    • Downing
    Cards:
    4' :yellowcard:Gerrard
    65' :yellowcard:Agger

Injuries:
    :dead: Kehl

Tottenham:
    • Lloris
    • Walker
    • Kaboul
    • Vertonghen
    • Assou-Ekotto
    • Robben
    • Inan
      • Pogba (69')
    • Holtby
      • Strootman (69')
    • Tevez
    • Benteke
      • Torres (69')
    Goals:
    15' :goal: Tevez (pen)
    59' :goal: Benteke:assist:Holtby
    66' :goal: Robben (pen)
    76' :goal: Robben:assist:Giovinco
    85' :goal: Giovinco:assist:Torres

Injuries:
    :dead: Benteke

MotM:
    :trophy: Robben 9.5

This was a coming out party for the new-look Spurs. Arjen Robben had a picture-perfect debut, scoring two goals, while fellow debutantes Carlos Tevez and Sebastian Giovinco each tallied a goal of their own. The penalty calls were both fairly soft, though the first one had more of a claim than the second, where Reina impeded Benteke, but the referee found it necessary to call both.

Reina was again in the spotlight in the 59th minute when Lewis Holtby played a cross in from the left flank. Reina left his box to attempt to punch the ball, and completely whiffed, leaving Christian Benteke with an open header and an open net.

I recorded this, and I'll attempt to upload the highlights when I get some time to slice them up. Good game, eheskey11, thanks for getting it in! Until we meet again!

No video of penalties or of Giovinco's goal (didn't set to record long enough).

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  5. electrickeeper

Tottenham 1 - 0 Arsenal

Tottenham:

• Lloris
    • Walker
    • Kaboul
    • Vertonghen
    • Assou-Ekotto
    • Robben
    • Inan
      • Pogba (90')
    • Holtby
      • Strootman (90')
    • Giovinco
    • Tevez
    • Benteke
    Goals:
    37' :goal:Kaboul:assist:Giovinco

MotM:
    :trophy: Kaboul 9.2

Arsenal:
    • Szczesny
    • Sagna
    • Koscielny
    • Vermaelen
    • Gibbs
    • M'Vila
    • Inler
    • Cazorla
    • Jovetic
    • Walcott
    • Balotelli
    Cards:
    74' :yellowcard: Balotelli

This was yet another tight North London Derby. The game's lone goal was provided by Younes Kaboul, but not from a corner. Spurs were on the counter, with Giovinco dribbling on the right-hand side of the box. He entered the box, then chipped the ball near the 6, and Kaboul had made a lung-busting run to get onto the end of it.

GG Blaza!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Dortmund

image.jpg

Aberdeen

Arshavin
    Miccoli
    Hayes
    Boateng
    Tymoshchuk
    Alex
    Taiwo
    Gallas
    Touré
    Magennis
    Gordon

:goal: J. Hayes (39') :assist: Arshavin

Dortmund

Lewo
    Reus
    Błasczcykowski
    Götze
    Gündogan
    Cesc Fabregas
    Piszczek
    Hummels
    Subotić
    Richards
    Weidenfeller

:goal: Gündogan (40')
    :goal: Cesc Fabregas (53')

:trophy: Gündogan

Borussia Dortmund's offense showed some life tonight versus a much improved Aberdeen side. The team went to Scotland on the heels of a tough 1-0 loss to Shaktar and much uncertainty was swirling in the press, wondering where the offense was. Early on they moved the ball well and patiently waited for their openings, leading to a corner kick that Lewandowski put square o. Goal but Aberdeen keeper Gordon was up to the task and deflected the header up and over. Minutes later right wing Hayes put a ball wide of goal on a well hit header off an Arshavin cross. Aberdeen struck first in this match, on an early cross from Arshavin to the far post found poaching winger Hayes who wide volleyed a hard shot past Weidenfeller. Only a minute later Dortmund caught the home team taking a breath and Gündogan quickly stole a back pass to Gallas, then calmly put one around the in form Aberdeen keeper. Back to back corner kicks in the final minutes of the first half led to nothing as the game went level into the break.
    Dortmund came out in the second half, making good passes around the box and getting a few quick shots off to keep Gordon on his edge. The differnce maker came I. The 53rd when Gordon again deflected a quick Dortmund shot, which rebound to the feet of newly acquired Cesc Fabregas. The Spaniard calmly settled the ball and put his team up on an easy shot. Dortmund nearly got another one when Reus sent in an early cross that Lewo nearly slotted to the far post, but was stymied by Gordon. As Aberdeen put on the press the Dortmund Keeper responded late to a hard Tympshchul shot from distance, only to deny the deep lying midfielder. Dortmund kept possession toward the end leaving Scotland with three points, earned by hard work and toughness. Gg bmwalla2

• Like Like x 1
  7. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Yeah those first three goals were laughable. I recorded them with my phone so I'll upload them once I get them on tube.

8. electrickeeper

I already posted them in the post that you just quoted...

9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

What happened on the 3rd goal (PK)? Was it from grabbing the guy's jersey? That was a bit weird

10. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

You're telling me!

11. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Do you ever watch one of your matches to help improve your game? Would love to get one of those things...Hauppage or whatever it's called.

12. electrickeeper

Sometimes I do. Most of the time it's just for highlights, but if there's a style I struggle against, I'll watch to see how I can beat it.

13. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Maybe i could download a copy of our match then. lol.

14. electrickeeper

$5 a match. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Shaktar Donetsk 2 - 2 Dinamo Moskva
    (Michael Woodward vs NexusVI Roy)

Lineups:

Shaktar:
    Handanovic
    Alaba
    Dedé
    Douglas
    Srna
    Armero (68' Taison)
    Wilshere (82' Rakitskiy)
    Costa
    Hamsik
    Traore
    Mkhitaryan (82' Adriano)

Dinamo:
    Courtois
    Fernandez
    Papadopoulos
    Sapunaru
    Noboa
    Sissoko
    Dzsudzsak
    Pepe (82' Kokorin)
    Semshov
    Lima
    Kuranyi

Scorers:
    Shaktar:
    :goal: Armero :assist:Srna 7'
    :goal: Wilshere 40'

Dinamo:
    :goal: Kuranyi :assist: Semshov 56'
    :goal: Noboa :assist: Dzsudzsak 82'

:trophy: Noboa

No cards shown

Clean sheets: Courtois, Handanovic.

Match report:
    Tight game from the start, where Dinamo started attacking Shaktar keep from long distance, but Shaktar defense was aware all the time to make Handanovic no bother at all. From that point, Shaktar began to attack and displayed their gameplay in Dinamo's field, scoring thanks to Armero from a rebound inside the area. Dinamo tried to make something back, but Shaktar defense was being perfect this half. Wilshere stole a ball in midfield and, totally in his own, made one of the goals of the week.

Second half was a bit different, without any clear dominator, and Dinamo had some good chances, till Kuranyi put in a corner header. Shaktar also had some good chances to score, but Courtois was keen enough to stop any danger near Dinamo's area. Late in the game, Noboa received a ball from Dzsu to score the equalizer. Anyone could have scored from this point, as the defenses were pretty tired, but the match ended with a draw. Victory could have gone either way in second half.

Good game bud, I consider this result as good, I was afraid I was going to receive a kilo of goals, but the 2-1 insufled me with enough moral to make me fight back lol.

Video highligh: Noboa's late goal:

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

17. electrickeeper

How do both keepers have clean sheets in a 2-2 draw?

• Like Like x 1
  18. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Speaking of clean sheets, C. Alvarez with a clean sheet for Espanyol.

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

They did their laundry before the game and their sheets were in there

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.