Results Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Results here

2. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

Aberdeen-3
    Chicago-1

Aberdeen
    47':goal: Alex:assist:Thiago
    52':goal: Thiago:assist:Jack
    78':goal: Magennis:assist:Jack
    90':dead: Robertson (injury)

lineup
    hayes
    dindane
    mcginn
    thiago-9.6
    alex
    jack-9.6:trophy:
    robertson
    gallas
    renolds
    magennis-9.5
    gordon

Chicago
    12':yellowcard: J Lindpere
    90':goal:A. Berry:assist:Johnson

lineup
    Macdonald
    J Larentpwicz
    Johnson-8.0
    Nyarko
    Lindpere
    Rodwell
    Sagares
    Berry-9.3
    Freidrich
    Anibaba
    Rybka-9.4

3. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

This was the make up game right?

4. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

yea....havent played this week

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Robertson rolled an 8 which means he is out for all games this week and next.

6. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

was gonna start my back up RB at LB anyway

you just made my decision for me

7. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You're welcome

8. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Juventus 1 - 3 Tottenham

Juventus:
    • Buffon 7.8
    • Bonucci
    • Chiellini 7.5
    • Peluso
      • Barzagli (74')
    • Vidal
      • Asamoah (74')
    • Pirlo 8.3
    • Neymar
    • Giovinco
    • Conca
    • Lichsteiner
    • Pizarro
      • Vucinic (74')
    Goals:
    • 83' :goal: Bonucci :assist:Pirlo
    Tottenham:
    • Lloris
    • Walker
    • Kaboul
    • Vertonghen
      • Dawson (45') 8.2
    • Assou-Ekotto
    • Strootman 8.3
    • Dembele
      • Sandro (45')
    • Lennon
    • Sigurdsson
    • Bale
    • Torres 9.6 :trophy:
    Cards:
    • 5' :yellowcard:Dembele
    • 23' :yellowcard:Vertonghen
    • 44' :yellowcard:Bale
    • 45' :yellowcard::redcard:Bale
    Injuries:
    • Dembele
    • Kaboul
    • Assou-Ekotto
    • Sandro
    Goals:
    • 26' :goal: Torres :assist:Sigurdsson
    • 50' :goal: Dawson :assist:Torres
    • 61' :goal: Torres :assist:Assou-Ekotto
    The referee and Italian weather took it's toll on Spurs' squad, but they managed to get two goals after going a man down to take the season series against Juventus. Torres had his best game of the season by far, tallying two goals and delivering the corner for Dawson to head home.

Good game ConiglioSG!

9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

4 Shakhtar v Dortmund 3

Shakhtar

Handanovic
    Srna
    Chygrynskiy
    Varane
    Alaba
    Fernandinho
    Rakitskiy 9.4
    Douglas Costa
    Mkhitaryan 9.5
    Shaqiri (Taison 80')
    Luiz Adriano 9.5

:goal: Luiz Adriano 30' :assist:Fernandinho
    :goal: Luiz Adriano 32' :assist:Mkhitaryan
    :goal: Henrik Mkhitaryan 55' :assist:Luiz Adriano
    :goal: Yaroslav Rakitskiy 87' :assist:Douglas Costa

:yellowcard:Rakitskiy 66'

:eek: Fernandinho 65'

:trophy: Luiz Adriano 9.5

Dortmund

Weidenfeller 8.6
    Richards
    Subotic
    Hummels
    Piszczek
    Gundogan
    Bender (Leitner 80')
    Gro├čkreutz 8.8
    Gotze
    Reus 8.3
    Lewandowski

:goal: Robert Lewandowski 6' :assist: Marco Reus
    :goal: Neven Subotic 39' :assist: Kevin Gro├čkreutz
    :goal: Marco Reus 72' :assist: Robert Lewandowski

4 Goals 3​
    20 Shots 12​
    13 Shots on Target 7​
    48% Possession 52%​
    31 Tackles 20​
    4 Fouls 2​
    1 :yellowcard: 0​
    3 Corners 2​
    This was a good game for the neutrals as it was a back and forth, high scoring game. Dortmund started off well getting an early shot which won a corner. Lewandowski won it well to head it home. Shakhtar couldn't find the finishing touch early despite having some decent chances. They didn't score until a less likely shot than the ones they had missed actually went in. Luiz Adriano used his speed to get down the line and was able to fight off the shirt tugging of Mats Hummels before unleashing a strike for the near post which was a rocket that beat Weidenfeller. Dortmund seemed to be frustrated by the unlikely goal as they conceded two minutes later when Henrik Mkhitaryan got down the left flank and crossed for Luiz Adriano who headed it home to make it 2-1. Mkhitaryan later had a spectacular overhead kick from close range blocked by Weidenfeller. Dortmund would equalize on another corner in which Subotic rose at the far post above the Shakhtar defenders to head it home. Shakhtar took the lead again when Luiz Adriano got down the line again as his speed was a threat all game long and Weidenfeller committed toward Adriano despite his poor angle and Adriano crossed to the middle toward Mkhitaryan for a volley into the open net. Dortmund would equalize again when a clearance appeared like it would be won by Chygrynskiy but the short time Barcelona defender tripped and fell as the ball arrived leaving Lewandowski to break with teammate Marco Reus with only Varane to stop them. Dortmund played it well and got a shot which was initially saved but the rebound was put home to make it 3-3. However, in the late moments, Shakhtar stole a smash and grab victory when Douglas Costa broke on a counter attack and found Rakitskiy in the middle who shot a pile driver with the left into the top left corner. 4-3 the final in a great match.​

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

0 Liverpool v Shakhtar 5 (After 4, I milked it a bit and he requested I keep playing so that's why I scored a 5th)

Liverpool

Reina 8.2
    Skrtel 7.9
    Ogbonna
    Agger 8.4
    Lucas Leiva
    Kehl
    Jesus Navas
    Gerrard
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Suarez

Nothing to report

Shakhtar

Handanovic
    Srna
    Chygrynskiy
    Varane
    Alaba (Razvan Rat 45')
    Fernandinho
    Rakitskiy 8.8
    Douglas Costa (Marko Devic 45')
    Mkhitaryan 9.8
    Shaqiri (Alex Teixeira 45')
    Luiz Adriano 8.6

:goal: Luiz Adriano 14' :assist: Henrik Mkhitayan
    :goal: Henrik Mkhitaryan 15' :assist:Xherdan Shaqiri
    :goal: Henrik Mkhitaryan 20' :assist:Xherdan Shaqiri
    :goal: Henrik Mkhitaryan 23'
    :goal: Henrik Mkhitaryan 42'

:eek: Henrik Mkhitaryan 58'

:trophy:Henrik Mkhitaryan 9.8

0 Goals 5​
    5 Shots 19​
    1 Shots on Target 14​
    56% Possession 44%​
    14 Tackles 22​
    0 Fouls 2​
    0 Corners 2​
    This was a one sided match but not as one sided as the score would suggest. Shakhtar just got fortunate with several of their goals. They hit the post a few times later and had some good chances but teams miss chances which I would have expected on some of those goals that were scored but Mkhitaryan was just on fire. It started in the 14th when Henrik Mkhitaryan was played down the left side of the field. He had one defender to beat with Luiz Adriano racing next to him on the other side of the defender. The defender cheated a little too much toward Mkhitaryan and the Armenian star laid it off to Luiz Adriano who took one touch to set up the shot which he sent just inside the right post. Just a minute later, Liverpool botched the kickoff and Shakhtar broke with Xherdan Shaqiri down the left flank. Shaqiri was running into the left side of the box with a diagonal run. He noticed Mkhitaryan running toward the box trailing the play with two defenders closing Shaqiri and the last defender marking Luiz Adriano. Shaqiri made the pass to the trailing Mkhitaryan but the Liverpool man who was guarding Luiz Adriano at the far post anticipated the pass and made a great break for the ball. Unfortunately for Liverpool, the defender tried to first touch nut meg Mkhitaryan which failed and Mkhitaryan was left set up perfectly to place the ball into the bottom right corner to make it 2-0. 5 minutes later, Xherdan Shaqiri played a nice diagonal through ball around Ogbonna and out infront of Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan appeared to be shielded by Agger but Agger tried too hard to push Mkhitaryan away and actually ran himself out of the way leaving Mkhitaryan with the open shot just inside the box. The Armenian took it first time and blasted it near post to make it 3-0. 3 minutes later, Shakhtar found Adriano who made a slick move to get around Skrtel. He opened his body and fired for the far post but Reina saved. Unfortunately, the ball fell straight to Mkhitaryan who blasted it into the open net for 4-0. Shakhtar laid off the throttle a lot after this to try and be respectful but Liverpool's manager personally requested the boys from Donetsk, Ukraine to keep playing to give his players some practice. About two minutes after this message was delivered, Mkhitaryan had his 4th, Shakhtar's 5th of the game when Mkhitaryan skipped inside between two defenders and fired with his left. His initial shot was blocked but came right back to him and he skipped inside the box for another chance. This time, he placed it just inside the near post. In the second half, Liverpool was awarded a questionable penalty. Shakhtar appeared to win the ball but it was through the back of a Liverpool player so the PK was given. However, Gerrard tried a stutter step before skying the shot. This was a true sign that it just wasn't Liverpool's day as luck was completely against them all game. Adriano almost scored again in the 79th when he got on the end of a through pass leaving him 1v1 with Reina with a defender trying to drag him back. He went for the chip but Reina was able to tip it away. Mkhitaryan won the header off the tip but a Liverpool defender blocked the effort. In the 86th, Rakitskiy made a turn and let rip with his rifle of a left foot but Reina was able to get across and deflect it for a corner which was ultimately hit off the cross bar and sent away. In the 90th, Alex Teixeira rounded a Liverpool defender before attempting to curl it around Reina from an acute angle. The ball beat Reina but struck the outside of the post and went out for a goal kick. Good game eheskey11 You just had very very bad luck. You really passed it pretty well but all the luck was against you and the final ball kept missing as you seemed to get too excited for the moment on offense and defense which cost you significantly. ​

11. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Yes, I requested that he keep playing as normal. Nothing more annoying that someone playing keep ball around you when you're already having a shocking game. Just rubs it in even more imho.

Excellent playing Michael Woodward . You had every single angle covered.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agreed. I always thought that was one of the dumbest rules around here. Its not like football where you have to take an hour worth of ass whoopin--games are 20 minutes. Play it out and move on.

13. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Comparisons can't really be made between football and futbol. Football games, you can milk clock and run the ball instead of passing. Passing the ball in soccer and possessing it is the equivalent of running the ball and milking clock. The problem is, usually in football when you run the ball, you will be stopped and the other team will have the ball for a while. In soccer, if you're possessing the ball, the other team might not touch it for a long time which sucks for them. The rule was more designed for new people who come in and are not experienced yet. You don't want them to come in and have their first 3 games be 7-0 losses. That would drive them away in a hurry. Everyone in this league is pretty experienced though so I guess we don't really need the rule. However, for you guys saying this, if you ever get in this situation, you better not start booting the ball out of bounds and doing other immature things when the score gets out of hand since it's what you are asking for.

14. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

No complaints here.

And I request it first as you already know.

As for booting the ball out of bounds, I do this strictly when one of the pathetic goals go in. I actually wish they'd incorporate that into the game. I'd take a few yellow cards to be able to send the ball into row 'Z'. lol

As for being on the end of a good hiding, it bothers me much less than anything else in the game. If someone has the quality to put up a high number, why should it be restricted?

Just out of curiosity, how did this rule all come about anyway? Were there a number of people complaining about getting battered? Were people dropping out of the leagues like flies? Would be good to know because it's the first league i've been in where something like this has been implemented.

I wonder what they do when they play H2H?

I dunno, you can look at it from all angles really. Thing is, the rule is made with those who are not yet comforatable with the game at mind. Which could be a bit of a contradiction, because those who have put there time and effort into enhancing their skills over a period of time, are somewhat restricted to express their abilities. How do those who are capable of racking up the score feel about it?

You could even have a discussion before the season starts and post a thread to see who minds or who doesn't.

Cheers! :)

15. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

It was implemented because we'd have new guys join who weren't used to manual yet and they'd play against an experienced guy and he would just batter them and they'd get discouraged after a few painful games in a row and quit. You're really supposed to lay off and help them out. Let them have possession and chat on the mic if they want and give tips. At the very least, you should be subbing your better players out. This is supposed to be about fun, not about winning and demoralizing your opponent.

As you have seen, I'm perfectly capable of wracking up a score but I don't because I don't need to do that to get my kicks or to "express my abilities" and I feel like an asshole when I do. I sub out my players once I'm pretty sure there is no way back and I slow the play down a lot and back my defenders off a lot. I try not to score unless it's a perfect goal or from 40 yards.

Regardless, we keep coming back to this conversation and it's getting old so as I said, everyone in this league is experienced enough that we can remove the rule. But at the same point, if you're on the losing end, don't act like a douche if you get your ass kicked by someone when it's what you asked for. I'm not directing that toward anyone in particular, just saying it as a general statement.

16. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

In reference to the last paragraph, has anyone said anything yet? I mean out of the people who have requested that their opponents carry on as normal.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

It's only happened once since it's been requested, me vs you......and you were playing a bit immaturely after I scored a few. I know you were frustrated but you can still handle it better.....I've been on that side before but I don't start booting the ball into he stands and killing the game.

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

1 Arsenal v Sp*rs 1

Arsenal

Sczeszny

Sagna
    Mertesacker
    Vermaelen
    Monreal
    Diaby (M'Vila 69')
    Inler
    Podolski
    Cazorla
    Walcott
    Gervinho (Osvaldo '69')

:goal: Cazorla 83' :assist:Walcott

:yellowcard:Cazorla 46'
    :yellowcard:M'Vila 76'

:eek: Diaby 47'

Sp*rs

Lloris
    Walker
    Koboul
    Vertonghen (8.6)
    Assou-Eketto (8.5)
    Dembele
    Strootman
    Lennon
    Bale
    Lamela (8.1
    Torres

:yellowcard:Bale 56'

:goal: Bale 41' :assist:Torres

:eek: Dembele 75'

POG Vertonghen

Gunners | Sp*rs​
    1 Goals 1​
    10 Shots 10​
    4 Shots on Target 4​
    53% Possession 47%​
    22 Tackles 24​
    5 Fouls 2​
    2 :yellowcard: 1​
    3 Corners 1​
    A very tight game in which Arsenal played well in possession, but struggled with Sp*rs' pace on the counter. Bale played a central role and did a great job floating around to find spaces in the Arsenal defense. Bale broke free right before the half, darting through the midfield and placing a shot into the top corner to make it 1-nil The Gunners actually went with a different formation than usual, going with 2 strikers up until about the 60th minute. While they created chances, smashing the bar twice, they could not beat Hugo Lloris who was outstanding between the posts. After a tactical adjustment, Arsenal got some better chances and rescued a point with a beautiful poacher style volley from Santi Cazorla. ​

19. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

lemme know when you can play

20. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Juventus vs Liverpool

Todays EARLY morning kick off would see two old rivals facing each other on a cold winters day.

Despite the weather forcast, the match itself was anything but as the two sides looked to battle it out for the win.

The only goal of the match came in the 33rd minute courtesy of the Anfield favourite Steven Gerrard.

The play started off when Bonucci attempted to get rid of the ball whilst in possession just outside of the box. But out of nowhere like a ghost, Suarez came charging in to block the clearance which fell towards the run of Gerrard who was just to the right of the Uruguayan. Then, with his back to goal, the Liverpool Talisman got hold of the ball, turned and began to dribble towards space located in the right sided region of the penalty box. At this point most attackers would have gone for the shot, but realizing that there were two defenders quickly closing him down, Gerrard uses his pace control, allows the defender standing between him and the goal to commit to the lunge challenge and whilst he was sliding to ground, cuts back to the inside and drives it low and hard with the unusual, but right choice of his left foot to the far left corner of the goal.

Althought Juventus had there fair chances to equalize, it just wasn't to be on the day.

Final Scoreline in Turin is

Juventus 0 - 1 Liverpool

Good Matche ConiglioSG

DSC_2032.jpg DSC_2033.jpg DSC_2034.jpg DSC_2035.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.